Sign in to follow this  
Col.Flanders

Left-handed player models

If you implimented left handed shooting, you would have to impliment red-hot brass hitting you in the face.. which means left handed players should have faces full of bottle-shaped scars. That sounds like a lot of work!

As already mentioned, it depends on the weapon type. Later model M4's and M16's have a brass deflector to cater for lefties. If you have to use the SA80 or G3 or any of a huge list of other weapons, then yeah, you'll get hot brass where it hurts. Easy way to deal with it is to just have it damage the player until death tounge2.gif

Hahaha! That would take a lot of brass to cause fatal burns! What a terrible way to die!

i know someone who is a lefies, damn good shooter he is, but since he is using AUG most of his time he train himself to use right hand(well he could write with right hand from the start but he use left hand most of the time, this makes him a both-handed), <s>i am not sure if</s> AUG dont have a interchangable eject side where you could put it left or right like a Famas through

Today a lot of weapons are customizable, like the G36 for example but I never felt the need to switch to the left hand.

Or the FNP90 which ejects it's spent cases downwards.

I would be really grateful if you could post your setup.

Right now my setup is screwed up due to the newest patch. It wont allow me to zoom with my right MB. Plus you have to remember I'm using right hand on mouse and left hand on keypad. You'd probably have to figure out what works for you.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Num8 Forward

Num4 Left

Num6 Right

Num2 Backward

ArrowUp Turbo

ArrowDown Evasive forward

Num7 x2 Evasive left

Num9 x2 Evasive right

Num7 Toggle lean left

Num9 Toggle lean right

Num3 Crouch/kneel toggle

Num1 Prone

Num1 x2 Stand

NumDel Run/walk toggle

NumEnter Toggle weapons

Num/ Reload

Num+ Raise weapon toggle

Num0 Optics

Mouse#4 Freelook

Num- Gear

Insert Compas

Home Watch

End Map

End Hide map

(...)

Today a lot of weapons are customizable, like the G36 for example but I never felt the need to switch to the left hand.

Judging by numbers it´s quite good to train right-handed as once you have to grab a weapon, not yours, you can just go on shooting.

(...)

The sg55x assault rifle family is fully ambidextrious too without modification, with fire selector on both sides... and shell are ejected forward right.

That's not only for left handed guy.. but also.. in urban combat.. if you need to fire to the left from a wall corner or in specific position...

I would be really grateful if you could post your setup.

Right now my setup is screwed up due to the newest patch. It wont allow me to zoom with my right MB. Plus you have to remember I'm using right hand on mouse and left hand on keypad. You'd probably have to figure out what works for you.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Num8 Forward

Num4 Left

Num6 Right

Num2 Backward

ArrowUp Turbo

ArrowDown Evasive forward

Num7 x2 Evasive left

Num9 x2 Evasive right

Num7 Toggle lean left

Num9 Toggle lean right

Num3 Crouch/kneel toggle

Num1 Prone

Num1 x2 Stand

NumDel Run/walk toggle

NumEnter Toggle weapons

Num/ Reload

Num+ Raise weapon toggle

Num0 Optics

Mouse#4 Freelook

Num- Gear

Insert Compas

Home Watch

End Map

End Hide map

Many thanks! I'll have a look at tweaking this, again, thank you very much.

Dont left handed people have a statisticaly shorter life span than right handed people?

goodnight.gif

thought id cheer you lefties up  biggrin_o.gif but realy i think its a great idea but the way "they" got anims sorted its seams like its not going to happen unless its in a mod or the whole community & server admins agree to host a universal mini-mod for lefties, but dident half life have a left hand option?

p.s i was a leftie up till i was 9 but was forced to change it by my teacher, aparently thats why i got a stutter & contemplate bad things..  crazy_o.gif  lol

---------------------------------------------------

Update & yes im drunk at this time of day rofl.gif

Dont left handed people have a statisticaly shorter life span than right handed people?

goodnight.gif

Quite true. It the extra stress we have to suffer dealing with inferior right handed "normals" that causes us to die early..... nener.gif

(just kidding BTW)

As far as the subject goes (and excuse me if this has already been answered earlier in the thread. If so I missed it), wouldn't changing the models to left handed change all the models, or would it be possible to change some leaving most right handed?

If it would change them all then I'd rather things stayed as they are since most folks IRL are right handed and nearly all the left handed people I know who have served in the armed forces used their main weapons right handed. TBH I personally found that firing a rifle from the conventional right handed possition more comfortable.

If you implimented left handed shooting, you would have to impliment red-hot brass hitting you in the face.. which means left handed players should have faces full of bottle-shaped scars.  That sounds like a lot of work!

Hehehe doesn't quite work that way... except with pistols I guess... get a nice piece of hot brass down your shirt or on your forehead... crazy_o.gif

Although with the .308 Remington 700 LTR that I have (bolt-action) it really doesn't matter. I am actually left eye dominant AND a left-handed shooter.

I'd like to be able to do the bolt-extractions like my snipers were taught, but being a left-handed person with a right-hand oriented bolt-action rifle, that's not possible. Most of our snipers in 3rd Batallion 5th Marines could get off two shots in less than 3 seconds... and that's not using the magazine. There was still the stigma of the magazine floor plate spring throwing off rounds... at least while I was in. So, we loaded rounds one at a time.

Commenting on the "How are left-handed shooters trained"... well I really didn't receive any special treatment other than the fact that my M9 was oriented with the magazine release and safety on the right side instead of the left.

IIRC, the M16A2 was also able to be modified to be left-handed, but that was not an authorized weapon for me since I was considered Geneva Conventions Category II (I think... don't have my card on me anymore tounge2.gif )

Anywho... in some cases armorers would treat you nice and actually switch weapons over to the right "handedness" (no pun intended), at other times they wouldn't... all depends. All drill was done with the weapon as a right handed weapon, but when it came time for live rounds... your dominant side takes precedence... Becomes really important for an Australian Peel to the rear and other things like that. pistols.gif

Have a good Memorial Day everyone.

goodnight.gif

Quite true. It the extra stress we have to suffer dealing with inferior right handed "normals" that causes us to die early.....   nener.gif

So true smile_o.gif

give us left hand players in arma ... please .... i dont care what you have done in iraq or where the shells come out of the gun

i just like to feel me inside of my player on my PC .... i dont fear the hot shells ... i have a good screen between me and the virtual reality ... and i dont throw grenades with the right hand ... even not at a parade ... so just pleas one thing ... give us left hand players

(i cant see it any more how this guy who should be me in the PC holds his rifle all the time in the right hand... and mostly i hate if he throws grenades with the right hand ... i ask my self all the time is this my player or my enemy ... damn!)

I actually find it quite baffling that most FPS's do not have the option to change to left or right, all I know of is CS but I do understand its a big task with modern games that have a lot of guns, animations and the likes.

I guess it really comes down to "is it worth the time and resources to port all existing right handed options to left?" - maybe this is something a modder could do, but with the decrease in modding on modern games maybe not.

For this game, this is not something you could casually do, if you could do it at all... It would certainly take someone that is extreme passionate about animating, configing, and shooting left handed.