Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Scripted landings and takeoffs

Planes now may use any road, runway, track or field (flat enough) to land or take off. Vertical landings and takeoffs also implemented. You may also create taxi sequences before taking offs or after landings.

runaway.jpg

An small but pretty rocket ejection seat script also included.

eject.jpg

Scripted landings and takeoffs

EDIT:

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.1

mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.3

mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.0

- Landing and take off scripts have been vastly fine tuned to be accurate enough even with a x4 time acceleration.

- Planes in final landing aproach reach now a lower angle of attack to avoid damage when touching the ground.

- Taxiing planes agility has been increased to favour with more turn degrees per second those with slower machines or low frame rate, as they needed more time to perfom the turns when aligning with taxi positions.

- Harrier no longer obstruct the path of taxiing Flankers in the demo.

- Ejected units over water now join in the small boat before proceeding with any pending waypoint.

EDIT (May 27):

Big update biggrin_o.gif

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.2

mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.4

- Landing is now much more accurate for vertical landings.

- Added internal variables to the planes while they are taking off or landing, so current takeoff or landing phase may be easily checked to synchronize multiple takeoffs and/or landings of several planes.

- Added ground avoidance to landing planes for final aproach phase, this prevents planes crashing with mountains when they need to land just at the other side of the mountain. For vertical landings, planes needs at least 800m of clear space between its aproaching heading and the landing point, 1500m for traditional landings.

- Included a new demo mission: verticality.

- Runway demo mission adjusted to new scripts versions.

harrier.jpg

harrier2.jpg

EDIT (Jun 3):

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.3

mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.5

mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.1

- Units ejecting over water get the zodiac once they are swimming and not while they are descending.

- Taking off planes now switch ON the lights automatically, even when driven by the player.

- Added a step by step tutorial for automatic take offs.

- Added a new demo/tutorial mission: mando_ils.Sara

- If the player is the plane's driver, ILS marks are projected in the HUD to help him aligning with the two first landing positions before switching on the automatic landing procedure.

ILS Marks:

* Center green: Good speed.

* Center red: Slow down.

* Up yellow: Raise nose.

* Down yellow: Lower nose.

* Right yellow: Yaw to the right.

* Left yellow: Yaw to the left.

* External marks in red: Dont move nose to that direction.

runaway2.jpg

(still waiting to declare these scripts final)

aircraft when they land are not deploying landing gear until after they land and stop causeing damage

In the demo or in any other test?

In the demo all of them deploys the LG correctly for me.

In any other test, if you set the landing speed too high, they will not deploy the LG.

Also, if you ACCELERATED the TIME, the planes may not brake in time while in final aproach, resulting in an excess of speed and LG still retracted. Time acceleration affects negatively all the real acceleration or deceleration of any vehicle in the game.

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.1

mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.3

mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.0

absolutely stunning pack of scripts , i don't know why they are passing so unnoticed because they are a piece of art , thank you very much notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

P.D. could you make something so that the salvage boat don't show when the pilots eject , it's a little weird , maybe when they reach the sea ... i think it would be more realistic

P.D 2 : i would suggest you to put this thread in addons and mods complete , that way so many more people would be aware of it, like Kronzy made with his dynamic mine script thumbs-up.gif i assure you it's worthy to stay there

Thanks William, expect more art in next release:

harrier.jpg

And yes, I can create the zodiac directly at sea wink_o.gif

hey mandoble, i have a litle problem with the landing , i've made a little example mission in wich 3 planes have to take off and land in the same airport, north saharani , they do the take off correctly , but in the landing , they follow the procedures as marqued in the radio messages , but they only fly over the runway with the angle i give them but don't lose altitude and don't touch the ground. i think i have make all correctly beacuse i have used your example mission like reference , but without cameras . huh.gif

(the marquers for landing and take off are placed correctly an named correctly )

New versions available:

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.2

mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.4

- Landing is now much more accurate for vertical landings.

- Added internal variables to the planes while they are taking off or landing, so current takeoff or landing phase may be easily checked to synchronize multiple takeoffs and/or landings of several planes.

- Added ground avoidance to landing planes for final aproach phase, this prevents planes crashing with mountains when they need to land just at the other side of the mountain. For vertical landings, planes needs at least 800m of clear space between its aproaching heading and the landing point, 1500m for traditional landings.

- Included a new demo mission: verticality.

- Runway demo mission adjusted to new scripts versions.

awesome work man notworthy.gif nevertheless there is a issue regarding the new traffic control system , if the plane you have to land after has been destroyed , it will never return the value >1 to the "mando land" variable so the next plane never lands , maybe by assigning the value 6 directly to the getVariable "mando_land" when the plane is destroyed it could be adressed , but don't take me too seriosly , i haven't a clue of scripting tounge2.gif

BTW, any chance of the "mando eject" 1.1 without flying boats ? tounge2.gif

great work ! thumbs-up.gif

Yep, if the plane is destroyed or too seriously damaged, landing procedure finishes, and status switches to 6.

6 just means that plane is not landing anymore. May be because it already finished the procedure, or because it was destroyed. But to sync several landings you should not use that high value, it is enough to check that landing plane already switched to final aproach after completing the first two alignment waypoints.

Sry for this noob question but where do you put the files in the folder. There isn't anything in the read-me or any of your posts.

Im wondering if it is possible for some step by step instructions to add this to one of our own missions. I mean, the demo missions great and all but... I want to try it elsewhere. Ive checked the headings and they simply say what the script does, but I was wondering for some step by step... for us scriptnoobs. Also, does the eject script work by itself?

Im wondering if it is possible for some step by step instructions to add this to one of our own missions. I mean, the demo missions great and all but... I want to try it elsewhere. Ive checked the headings and they simply say what the script does, but I was wondering for some step by step... for us scriptnoobs. Also, does the eject script work by itself?

same question like above, is there a tut how to use this script ingame?

mando_land.sqf updated to v1.3

mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.5

mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.1

- Units ejecting over water get the zodiac once they are swimming and not while they are descending.

- Taking off planes now switch ON the lights automatically, even when driven by the player.

- Added a step by step tutorial for automatic take offs.

- Added a new demo/tutorial mission: mando_ils.Sara

- If the player is the plane's driver, ILS marks are projected in the HUD to help him aligning with the two first landing positions before switching on the automatic landing procedure.

ILS Marks:

* Center green: Good speed.

* Center red: Slow down.

* Up yellow: Raise nose.

* Down yellow: Lower nose.

* Right yellow: Yaw to the right.

* Left yellow: Yaw to the left.

* External marks in red: Dont move nose to that direction.

runaway2.jpg

Moving to complete, please close this.

LOL, What I need is some kind of a tut for your landings biggrin_o.gif

Would it be possible to edit your little take-off tut for me? Im really quite script challenged (I can do a little, but atm im stumped)

Ill also post this post in your other thread incase you dont read this one

nice scripts but im having trouble getting planes to land and then take off again so i can simulate a working airport.

After a second takeoff the plane freezes in mid air over the end of the runway (as soon as the takeoff script ends it appears). Then the next plane to take off hits the one frozen in mid air and you get a aerial pile up crazy_o.gif