Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

2nd Beta 1.07.5157 feedback thread

I noticed the FM changes as well. I'm a pilot in my unit, and have spent a good deal of time in the Helos. They seem to be slightly more twitchy and touchy now, as well as slightly less stable. This is a fantastic change! The more touchy they are, the more control that the pilot can have once he has gotten used to it. I enjoy the new FM very much. Its one more small step to keep only pilots in the choppers, and to keep the lone wolf from stealing them.

Auto-hover is unable to fully stabilize a chopper if activated at speed.

Auto-hover is unable to fully stabilize a chopper if activated at speed.

a simple answer(yet rude) is to yell "learn how to fly"

but no i wont yell at you,

try to slow down the chopper by start flaring at app 900 meters to the LZ, remain around 60 when close to target, depend on the stages of the LZ, in a "cool" LZ you may start using auto hover anytime you want, but in hot LZ, prepare to go for a rapid insertion, start by decreasing ATL and push your padel as hard as possible when less then 10 meter to bring the chopper to 0 speed(thats why keep 60 or you wont have padel control nor you have enought speed to getout), decrease ATL at the same time, land and take off ASAP, remember to tell your man to get out when close enought to ground(in mp only, AI wont get out unless you completely on ground), its hard to learn, but even with my crapy pilot skill i could do it after messing around a hold day in 1.05 till i  managed to do it, there is no question that you could learn the basic of it too

a simple answer(yet rude) is to yell "learn how to fly"

I have not asked any questions.

Ok, sometimes "funny" performance, but overall very well.

Tested different settings and different viewdistances and I can say that ArmA:

- runs very stable

- has no LOD/Texture bugs

- has no more frame drop after some minutes of play (GF8800 bug)

- is playable at very high settings with lower viewdistances (~1500, which is enough for now)

- looks fantastic with the "very high" quality settigns

It would be nice if BIS could do some more work on the overall performance of ArmA to get some more fps without setting everything to "very low".

This game has still a long way to go, but I have a good feeling about it now.

Thanks BIS and keep up the hard work.

MfG Lee

I don't get lod bug with this and it plays smooth with everything on very high.

But it keeps randomly freezing sad_o.gif

ok I guess I just didn't install the first patch before installing the 2nd, I forgot, I installed vista and now have to reinstall everything. Heh so scratch my earlier post on the ACOG.

Well I knew 5 minutes was not reliable.. went online after about 10mins I get triangular AH6 then the hdd spamming returns.. problem not fixed, I really should have given up by now.

welll.... we are still screwed for Sprocket downloaders...

I bought Arma through Sprocket download, everything worked GREAT in 1.05

now with this new patch...

I get errors about xinput1_1.dll, 'desert' needs ca addons,

and after I fixed that... now the servers do not show in multiplayer! 0 servers show! but... I switch over to 1.05 and I see all servers mad_o.gif

I know this is a 1.07 problem and not my computer because it worked PERFECT in 1.05

I feel like I just wasted $40 on this game  confused_o.gif

and I feel like BIS is ignoring the problems for Sprocket people

I know i'am not the only one that has problems with this 1.07 that downloaded from the Sprocket website

I'am very dissapointed in BIS

brief testing gives me no problems whatsoever on my 8800gtx, as everybody i noticed my FPS dropped quite a bit from 1.05 to this beta stage of things, also, i hope the lack of wide screen in editor map and optics is fixed in the next patch.

edit: i think the AI are far too generous when shooting AT rockets at infantry, i mean, they'll waste the rockets on infantry before all the armor is down...

GJ BIS.

Fixed nearly all the bugs I was having, fantastic!

Thanks BIS, Fixed all my issues too.  smile_o.gif especiialy the 8800 LOD problem tounge2.gif

Gotta love the online Atari download version where you have to re-activate after this patch and it tells you that your serial number is not valid.

thumbs-up.gif Thanks SecuRom

anyone else get a product activation page when starting this new patch?

I purchased this through digital download and it says my serial is wrong so now I can't start it.

no kidding Canadian Terror on the digital stuff lol I totally feel like BIS did not pay attention to the digital downloaders from Sprocket or Atair sad_o.gif

Yes... I get it when I try to launch the game

I have 1.05 (UK) version that I got from Sprocket

make sure you have your License holder name and Purchase Reference number

did you download from Sprocket or the Atari download version?

I purchased this through digital download and it says my serial is wrong so now I can't start it.

no kidding Canadian Terror on the digital stuff lol I totally feel like BIS did not pay attention to the digital downloaders from Sprocket or Atair sad_o.gif

I'm not sure if this is specific to latest build, I didn't have chance to test previous 1.7beta.

When going inside buildings, I get small "rays" that radiate from center of the screen towards edges. This is using GeForce 7900GS in Windows XP with latest official driver version 93.71.

I tested this using Evolution 1.05a multiplayer map, any of huts near spawn point at South Sahrani airport have same exact bug.

Inside a building in 1.05:

http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php....7lo.jpg

Inside a building in 1.07 build 5157 at same spot:

http://img183.imagevenue.com/img.php....2lo.jpg

It looks bit like typical glitch that results from overheating, but I tried to eliminate that factor by actually underclocking both GPU and VRAM and testing both 1.05 and 1.07 back to back. When hraphics card is running at same temperature and same Mhz this only happens in 1.07 but not in 1.05.

no kidding Canadian Terror on the digital stuff lol I totally feel like BIS did not pay attention to the digital downloaders from Sprocket or Atari

Need to update my review since I just installed my new Nvidia 7950GT (not going to chance the 8800 series yet)! That feeling is back from OFP, and multiplied! The ambient objects - the leaves in the wind, the bugs and such really make the windswept forests before a storm amazing! The shadows on high or very high racing across the hood and windows of my vehicle are awesome!. The bullets zipping by for suppression seem even better as the FPS has jumped.

I know the driving still autocenters, which I don't particularly care for, but the tweaks in 1.07Beta make them much more controllable. Driving in the forests of N. Saharani makes me want to point a fan at my head so I can feel the wind in my face.

Seeing the AI in smoother animations helps me identify what their about to do, and I can adapt much easier to the situation because of it.

Nice job Nvidia!!! thumbs-up.gif

oh, and BIS of course.... tounge2.gif

Yeah no kidding CanadianTerror.... I feel like BIS has just ignored all the downloading community

both Sprocket and Atari Downloaders :P this is not good

Yeah no kidding CanadianTerror.... I feel like BIS has just ignored all the downloading community

both Sprocket and Atari Downloaders :P this is not good

That Problem is not a BIS problem its the publishers one.

Update on my previous post - all great, except.... for my joystick is now doing weird things. Something screwy with the button mapping.

Saitek X45 (yep that old stick still going strong)

Have most of buttons mapped through the profiler as keyboard-presses.

Even if I unmap these and leave as default, some buttons are 'doubling' as other buttons or functions.

The one that is annoying and most noticeable is the UP direction on the POV2 (which I normally map as '[' ) is doing the '[' okay, but also pressing the return(enter) key - or doing that enter/select function anyway. There's no mapping for that in the ArmA settings nor in Saitek profiler. Strangely: when profiled, the pressing of the POV2-UP in ArmA settings will toggle between [ and button-16 between presses. Most weird. Tried without keyboard-profiler, and re-programmed in the ArmA options as stick button 16, but it still presses Enter at the same time.

Keeps ejecting me from the helicopter whenever I try using the menu... :S

p.s. I have already removed dxinput1_1 and also tried putting it back in (just in case) - but no difference.

Well I knew 5 minutes was not reliable.. went online after about 10mins I get triangular AH6 then the hdd spamming returns.. problem not fixed, I really should have given up by now.

i only get disk spamming if i have other applications running in the background (epsecially downlaoding stuff).

when i switch the application off there no disk spamming and ArmA loads nice and fast.

so it's worth checking if you have any apps like that (azureus, download managers, defragmenters, etc) that regularly write to the disk at the same time Arma is running?

I hadnt tried the original beta before as i just got my game (US version) the other day but today i downloaded both beta versions , installing them both and fired up 1 mission and textures were missing all over the place.

deleted the beta folder right away and now back to 1.05 till something better comes along. Theres obviously still some problems going on so im assuming it will be awhile before we get the official patch.

Not much info or help i know .... but just wanted to post my results.