Sign in to follow this  
shadowze

1.07 beta 8800 GTX texture bug

There are new vista drivers out that people are praising, 158.42

32bit

64bit

I've not tried them yet. (downloading now) but i've read on guru3d's forum that people are having much better performance in other games. Also sli might just work too wow_o.gif

Hi, I've got the same problem here when I installed those 158.x drivers. Restored back my old drivers (97.44) and my XFX GTS is running fine again see smile_o.gif

My visual Settings:

armazp0.th.gif

Cpu: E6700

Ram: 2GB

Supersampling 8xS

wow_o.gif

you dont really need that  m8, CSAA is quite enought i think confused_o.gif

i will give it another go tonight see if i have anything missed

Quote[/b] ]Supersampling 8xS

wow_o.gif

you dont really need that m8, CSAA is quite enought i think confused_o.gif

Hehe, well i guess you are right. Well, atm it was a test...meaning 8xS was the end result (highest setting) that have me equal FPS compaired to the ingame settings i used, afaik that was very high but not sure what that really stands for. Maybe normal 16x?

Anyway, so i guess Bonko the Sane made his point that if you let the video card controle the AA (maybe same for the AF?) you can get more out of it for the same FPS.

Anyway, 1.07 finally gives me same performence and quality i had in 1.05 or maybe even more (who really knows). Fact is i can life with it again, just hope the shadow bug get fixed with i don't dought will be smile_o.gif.

Also i'm starting to think the vegitation performce slightly better now, but maybe that is a bit due to the shadows...

PS: I noticed yesterday that there is an other beta driver for the 8800 availible.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ForceWare 160.03 Win 2000/XP

Version: 160.03

Publisher: NVIDIA

Date added: 2007-05-08 04:59:34

File Size: 40 MB

OS Support: Windows 2000/XP/MCE 32-bit

License: Freeware

Downloads: 23192 downloads

Software type: Videocards - NVIDIA ForceWare (32 bit)

160.03 @ guru

Although i prefure official drivers, read it might give simular (if not better) performence. Anyone tried them before?

Thank you for feedback.

New hotfix 5157 available now!

The problem on GF8800 in 1.07 was identified. We apreciate feedback to this new beta that hopefully addressed it.

FYI: The problem is related to an issue specific to GF8800 drivers: texture allocation granularity equal to 64KBytes (on other cards it's usually 256Bytes) which still means texture memory usage is not as efficient as it could be (with significant fragmentation) but it should be acceptable now in the new beta (similar to performance of 5151 on those cards).

Thanks for the quick update and investigation for our problem.

As customer, much appreciated rofl.gif .

Still downloading, but is this a fix regarding the texture problem (only?). I mean, the fix Lee provided in combination with AA controled outside the game fixed the texture bug for, although i must admite i only tested it max. 1h.

Anyway, i suppose there will be a txt explaining it a bit more inside the patch...

thankyou very much Maruk and Suma and all ppl in BI, i hope all your hard work really paid off!

smile_o.gif

yea seems a lot better now with the hotfix,,i have textures and can alttab.

Thanks

Ye get rid of lod probs,still have some texture flickering..

but anyway much better now.

framerates are not so good than 1.05b,strange freezing,flickering

sometimes,but now again playable with 8800,atleast with my comp.

Thanks,much appreciated.

specs;8800gts 640,opteron 170 oc 2,7GHz,mem 2 gig.

I dont really no if it is the new 1.07 beta or the nvidiadirver 158.43,

or both, but AMA run now smoother with (it seems) better picture.

tounge2.gif

Running vista 32, geforce 8800 GTS, 2 gb ram and now nvidiadriver 158,43 (beta).

Yes, new Beta is looking pretty good - no odd texture issues and no CTD [played last night for about an hour or so].

Guys, I need your help:

My Specs:

E6600 @ 3,2GHz

BFG 8800GTS 640Mb

2Gb Cellshock PC6400 @ 900MHz

Vista Ultimate 32

Forceware 158.43

I'm somewhat pleased with the performance I'm having with VD 4000 but something is bugging me. When looking at power lines from a distance there's a lot of flickering. It's also noticeable on the sea shore and a lot less noticeable on the vegetation. I never noticed it on 1.05.

Anyone is getting this problem? I've tried every setting combination (AA, AF, Shading, PP) and I can't get rid of it.

When I first installed the US version of the game about a week ago now I had zero issues.  None of the texture problems etc.  Only had an issue with NVGs not coming up everytime but eventually they did, so no worries.

I started up the game last night and POOF! I started having texture issues.  Tried the arma.cfg remedy with setting HDR to 16, etc.  Didnt help.  Updated nVidia drivers to 158,43... didnt help. Updated to 1.07b... didnt help.  I updated to the latest build 1.07 fix... didn't help.  It makes no sense that it would work the first few days then go all kaputt all the sudden.  I even tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

Occasionally the game will load textures on some things, but flicker and die on others.  I dont get it.

I run the demo.. everything is fine.  No issues whatsoever.  Runs flawlessly, looks great.  What gives?!?

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

Asus 650i Motherboard using onboard sound

2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR800

320GB Seagate SATAII HDD

BFG 8800GTS 640mb  158,43 drivers

Windows Vista 32-bit updated

Antec 900 series case  (very cold case)

Game Settings:

Video

1600x1200 res

very high

10k VD ( tried lower same issue)

after a lot of experimenting, best Arma setting (not eyecandy, i mean pure gaming performance) i found is to run AA and AF on low ingame (otherwise it disables it altogether)set Nvidia control panel to overide the 3D app, and set 4X both AA and AF, more than enough to look very good with textures and objects on High = lots of FPS wink_o.gif

i run 158.22 as they seem to be the best for Arma on my 8800gtx and on XP64 sp2

When I first installed the US version of the game about a week ago now I had zero issues. None of the texture problems etc. Only had an issue with NVGs not coming up everytime but eventually they did, so no worries.

I started up the game last night and POOF! I started having texture issues. Tried the arma.cfg remedy with setting HDR to 16, etc. Didnt help. Updated nVidia drivers to 158,43... didnt help. Updated to 1.07b... didnt help. I updated to the latest build 1.07 fix... didn't help. It makes no sense that it would work the first few days then go all kaputt all the sudden. I even tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

Occasionally the game will load textures on some things, but flicker and die on others. I dont get it.

I run the demo.. everything is fine. No issues whatsoever. Runs flawlessly, looks great. What gives?!?

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR800

320GB Seagate SATAII HDD

BFG 8800GTS 640mb 158,43 drivers

Antec 900 series case (very cold case)

Game Settings:

Video

1600x1200 res

very high

Are you kidding you can´t tell me you are playing at those video settings. To have a smooth gameplay at those Settings you have to wait 2 or 3 years for better hardware. It is the same with ArmA as it was with OFP all Settings at max is meant to be played 5 years later. With my last System and the 7800gtx i wasn´t able to get good FPS in OFP at max Settings....

Now i got nearly the same System like yours and to have a smooth gamplay in ArmA without bigger glitches i play at viewdistances between 2000-3500m depends on AF,AA,Shader settings... So i would say you should turn down your settings a little bit and you will have more fun with playing the game.

10K VD and everything maxed out is good for taking screenshots but nothing more.

greets

I run my settings at 1680*1050 with everything set to high or very high, and I'm pulling 40 FPS on average.

BIS guys - thanks for the hotfix, all my LOD problems are pretty much solved. I get a texture flicker every now and then but its way better than it was with 5154. Thanks for responding to our issues so quickly. I only played it for a hour or so because of the joystick button mapping issues, but the texture problems I was having seem to have been fixed. Keep up the outstanding work!!

My new gaming system gets here Tuesday and have been reading all of the 8800 complaints and I get a 8800 Tuesday so whats right now (May 20th with recenty beta driver released) best Driver for a 8800 GPU?

My new gaming system gets here Tuesday and have been reading all of the 8800 complaints and I get a 8800 Tuesday so whats right now (May 20th with recenty beta driver released) best Driver for a 8800 GPU?

Its more luck than anything it seems as I've tried pretty much all the drivers, some people seem to say everything runs fine then others like me get nothing but endless problems (lod,ctd etc etc) you've just got to pray you are one of the lucky ones, the game is unplayable for me.

banghead.gif

158.22 seem to be the best on XP32\64, dunno about Vista

When I first installed the US version of the game about a week ago now I had zero issues.  None of the texture problems etc.  Only had an issue with NVGs not coming up everytime but eventually they did, so no worries.

I started up the game last night and POOF! I started having texture issues.  Tried the arma.cfg remedy with setting HDR to 16, etc.  Didnt help.  Updated nVidia drivers to 158,43... didnt help. Updated to 1.07b... didnt help.  I updated to the latest build 1.07 fix... didn't help.  It makes no sense that it would work the first few days then go all kaputt all the sudden.  I even tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

Occasionally the game will load textures on some things, but flicker and die on others.  I dont get it.

I run the demo.. everything is fine.  No issues whatsoever.  Runs flawlessly, looks great.  What gives?!?

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR800

320GB Seagate SATAII HDD

BFG 8800GTS 640mb  158,43 drivers

Antec 900 series case  (very cold case)

Game Settings:

Video

1600x1200 res

very high

Are you kidding you can´t tell me you are playing at those video settings. To have a smooth gameplay at those Settings you have to wait 2 or 3 years for better hardware. It is the same with ArmA as it was with OFP all Settings at max is meant to be played 5 years later. With my last System and the 7800gtx i wasn´t able to get good FPS in OFP at max Settings....

Now i got nearly the same System like yours and to have a smooth gamplay in ArmA without bigger glitches i play at viewdistances between 2000-3500m depends on AF,AA,Shader settings... So i would say you should turn down your settings a little bit and you will have more fun with playing the game.

10K VD and everything maxed out is good for taking screenshots but nothing more.

greets

I will tell you that I was running with those settings (actually VD was set to around 6k at first) with no issue for the first week.

But now, everything set to normal, res at 1280x1024, VD down to 3k, still get the artifact problems and texture bug while running beta 1.07 with hotfix.

ALL my other games work fine: FSX at 1600 with medium to high settings, NWN same res with everything on high, etc.

So yes surprisingly my PC handles these res's with decent settings, except in ArmA.

Wow VD at 3k? I'm jealous my old 6800 Can't even handle past 1.1k heh.. I'm crossing fingers and saying prayers... 8800 Card comes tomorrow with new comp...

When I first installed the US version of the game about a week ago now I had zero issues. None of the texture problems etc. Only had an issue with NVGs not coming up everytime but eventually they did, so no worries.

I started up the game last night and POOF! I started having texture issues. Tried the arma.cfg remedy with setting HDR to 16, etc. Didnt help. Updated nVidia drivers to 158,43... didnt help. Updated to 1.07b... didnt help. I updated to the latest build 1.07 fix... didn't help. It makes no sense that it would work the first few days then go all kaputt all the sudden. I even tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

Occasionally the game will load textures on some things, but flicker and die on others. I dont get it.

I run the demo.. everything is fine. No issues whatsoever. Runs flawlessly, looks great. What gives?!?

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR800

320GB Seagate SATAII HDD

BFG 8800GTS 640mb 158,43 drivers

Antec 900 series case (very cold case)

Game Settings:

Video

1600x1200 res

very high

greets

I will tell you that I was running with those settings (actually VD was set to around 6k at first) with no issue for the first week.

But now, everything set to normal, res at 1280x1024, VD down to 3k, still get the artifact problems and texture bug while running beta 1.07 with hotfix.

ALL my other games work fine: FSX at 1600 with medium to high settings, NWN same res with everything on high, etc.

So yes surprisingly my PC handles these res's with decent settings, except in ArmA.

All other games aren´t ArmA wink_o.gif

Btw. could you plz. make a screenshot of those artifacts so i can see i have the same probs or not.

greets