Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

Applied the patch, the installation worked pretty well, the game runs at least as good as it worked before, however something strange is happening with the G36 optics (see below). I've deleted my home made addons and the the problem keeps happening so... .

Btw, this only happens on the G36 optic confused_o.gif Is it just me?

1.7Bug.jpg

will helicopters actually fire at ground troops now?

and will it work when i put no rifle tracers?

Applied the patch, the installation worked pretty well, the game runs at least as good as it worked before, however something strange is happening with the G36 optics (see below). I've deleted my home made addons and the the problem keeps happening so... .

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/filpedro/1.7Bug.jpg

LoL nope that's the latest improvement of the G36 and it's BIS default since 1.07 rofl.gif

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/filpedro/1.7Bug.jpg

LoL nope that's the latest improvement of the G36 and it's BIS default since 1.07 rofl.gif

That´s just another bug which also occurs on Al Simmions "high precision trebuchets" aswell as Mapfacts AH64 Gunner view ... i don´t know who the betatesters are but they certainly need to be replaced tounge2.gif

Well 1.7 messed up all my custom optics but I suppose it must have something to do with this G36 problem, all my optics seem to be zoomed now, it's really strange. confused_o.gif

Using Sprocket,

Just Updated my ArmA went to reactivate and once again activation failed! ARGH SPROCKET! Used the information they gave me! Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm trying to run a 1.07 dedicated server, but I get this error on startup:
Quote[/b] ]Addon 'Desert' requires addon 'CARoads'

I copied over all the folders from my installed version of Arma with the 1.07 beta folder and tried to run using this line:

Quote[/b] ]c:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=beta -config=Dedicated.cfg

Am I doing something wrong?

I also have the Atari download version and get a problem very similar to this.  Only it tells me I need 'CAPlants'.  If I copy plants.pbo from the original addons to the beta addons I get the error he is describing.  Even after copying roads.pbo and all others that it asks for the dedicated server will start without erroring, but will not load any maps.  The normal game client works fine.

[/img]http://pwp.netcabo.pt/filpedro/1.7Bug.jpg[/img]

Yes.. i've the same problems with my weapons.. the scope curstom model must be 5x smaller to work normally in 1.07, but there is another problem.. the scope is autocentered and auto scaled to fill the screen.. so to have the correct size, simply scale down to 0.2 and make a border with the old size. For the g36... they simply forgot to fix their scope smile_o.gif

BUG with the RHIB:

When you play as a gunner, you can't move or aim both in first person and third person. You are just stuck... UNLESS you press V to be in "aim" mode...

Try it, it will make more sense to you.

Graphics don't work with my sprocket update (did the @mod "beta" instead of the .exe in the beta folder, sprocket wont work with that), everything is all blue with a white line in the middle.

ok, first and brief impressions,

all options on high, 2000m VD @1680X1050, AA and Aniso @ X16

Intel CoreDuo E6600;BFG 8800GTX,2X1 GB 6400 RAM, MSI 975X Mobo, Xfi extremegamer. Latest officila Nvidia and Creative drivers, updated bios, Intel Chipset Device Software installed, etc.

Fresh install of 505 Arma patched to 1.05, no 3rd party addons, as i was just reinstalling XPPro32 SP2.

I got the same nice FPS as ever (between 60 to 30), no lod bugs, no textures missing, maps loads very fast (nice one BIS), no yellow icon bug, all is running fine here.

Post processing on high makes things look ugly and blured, no other way to say it, on low PP things look normal again.

Love the new M203 sights, shame they arent zeroed in at all ...yet..., Optics really need to be readapted to widescreen, Joystick buttons are FUBAR, used it only for steering and firing, (mind you i didnt configure any controls as im working in a few hours, and i need my beauty sleep)

had a weird darker sea texture far out at sea SW of Ramahdi (where the ocean changes depth at AA02?)

What i find really strange is that i never had any lod or texture bug with Arma, not now, not before beta 1.05...and ppl with the same setup have them, all in all excellent patch BIS, i really would like to see improved control interface...a la OFP, felt much more natural wink_o.gif

PostProcess on High

arma2007-05-1102-47-25-70.jpg

PostProcess on low

arma2007-05-1102-48-30-62.jpg

Weird sea SW Ramadhi

arma2007-05-1102-53-24-75.jpg

New M203 GL ironsight

arma2007-05-1102-55-14-70.jpg

arma2007-05-1102-55-23-92.jpg

Warthog!!!!

arma2007-05-1103-04-19-17.jpg

sorry about the crappy pics, havent installed Photoshop yet.

anyway i notice that unlike the screenshot above the FOV for 3rd persion and the ironsights for most of the weapon is changed, now its move back very much and kind of twisted the screen, is that a feature or a bug? or a bad install?

DarkGiver Don't quote pic's please.

HOLD YOUR HORSES.

Weird Bug, went to start a mission, and none of my guns have rifles? WTF? When i went to select a mission which allowed me to choose the guns for my guys, none showed up?

went into editor placed a soldier, he had no weapon?

HOW DO I FIX THIS??

Please Help!

HOLD YOUR HORSES.

Weird Bug, went to start a mission, and none of my guns have rifles? WTF? When i went to select a mission which allowed me to choose the guns for my guys, none showed up?

HOW DO I FIX THIS??

Please Help!

this is already addressed a LLLLLLLooooooooong time ago, you have got Addons that are not working on this version, and that it mess up quite a bit

OK. I am using a GF 8800 GTS 320MB with no LOD problems, I used to have a few with the older beta patch. I am using 158.22 drivers for win xp 32, I run all settings on high except postprocessing and AA which are on low.

The graphics have been toned down a bit in some aspects, the trees appear to be lower poly etc but it is also running faster. The only graphical error I've found so far is that there are no shadows for trees and smoke in high or very high shadow settings.

The AI is way improved especially with aircraft. The AH-6 will attack ground units effectively now. Soldiers seem to react better to being shot at and will hit the dirt and take cover. Overall, an improvement in my eyes.

HOLD YOUR HORSES.

HOW DO I FIX THIS??

Please Help!

this is already addressed a LLLLLLLooooooooong time ago, you have got Addons that are not working on this version, and that it mess up quite a bit

well i didn't see that post, how do i fix it?, what addons do i need to delete, I've got sprocket so i don't know how I'm gonna be able to reinstall?

PLEASE HELP?

That post processing on High pic is correct imho. It is simulating you focussing thru the scope view on whatever object. Anything close to you outside that scope view will indeed be blurred. That is not fugly imho, it is freaking cool and ingenius. Just my op of course.

I'm having strange problems with night vision, ie it does not work in first person, only in third person until I zoom in with a weapon.

Also, have LOD bug - first time for me. Alt tab does not work. Changing a few options in video settings crashes/freezes the game.

In armory, one of the soldiers was running in 2D.

I'm running the German version, no addons, on the following system:

amd 4400+

DFI Ultra-D

2gig of ram

XFX 8800 GTS 640 mb, driver 160.03

X-FI Fatality

Windows XP Home SP2

What i find really strange is that i never had any lod or texture bug with Arma, not now, not before beta 1.05...and ppl with the same setup have them...

Hehe, yeah, I'm not exactly sure what causes those problems with 8800 cards too. The older versions of the game I used didn't give me much trouble, my system was also set up fresh a couple of weeks ago (not related to ArmA). With the beta suddenly a lot of graphic problems appeared.

Anyway, from what I can see on those pictures about post processing it's supposed to look like that, it uses this blur to give kind of a "depth of field" effect when you use iron sights. But maybe I'm missing something.

The one with the weird sea is probably the border of the map. According to the compass on the picture the visible border runs exactly east to west, which supports that assumption, I think.

HOLD YOUR HORSES.

HOW DO I FIX THIS??

Please Help!

well i didn't see that post, how do i fix it?, what addons do i need to delete, I've got sprocket so i don't know how I'm gonna be able to reinstall?

PLEASE HELP?

just remove them from your addon folder/mod addon folder

you cant use those addon for new version anyway

No major LOD problems here (pretty much the same as 1.05) but the enviroment shadows are not rendered when set to "high" or "very high", but they do work when set to "normal".

The fog bug with the 8800 cards that was blamed all the time on Nvidia is gone with 1.07 and I don´t mean the distant one, but the one at closer range as well.

I´ve had 3 or 4 Stop BSOD errors in the 4h that I tested the patch.

C2D, 2GB and 8800GTX (165.01), XP Pro with SP2

No major LOD problems here (pretty much the same as 1.05) but the enviroment shadows are not rendered when set to "high" or "very high", but they do work when set to "normal".  

The fog bug with the 8800 cards that was blamed all the time on Nvidia is gone with 1.07 and I don´t mean the distant one, but the one at closer range as well.

I´ve had 3 or 4 Stop BSOD errors in the 4h that I tested the patch.

C2D, 2GB and 8800GTX (165.01), XP Pro with SP2

hum 165 beta? i wonder if it fix the problems, and a BSOD, can you isolate the problem?

things is started to driving me go fu#kin crazy now crazy_o.gif