Sign in to follow this  
ArmaVidz

Errm, where's my A-10 again?

I don't get it. I just got my copy of Armed Assault ver. 1.04 published by Atari, in Canada and I can't find the A-10 in the editor?

I'm just updating to 1.05 now, but AFAIK 1.05 doesn't add the A-10 anyway, right?

edit: OMFG the 1.05 Patch says "European DVD version"

====================================

Here is the patch info:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

European DVD Version

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.04...

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.04 to version 1.05...

=====================================

Errm, any insight?

1.04 is not the US release with the A-10 that's version 1.06/1.07.

You don't have the US release of ArmA.

Did you buy "ArmA: Armed Assault" (1.04) or "ArmA: Combat Operations" (1.06)? Canada may have a seperate version to America.

In either case, the 1.07 patch should be out soon giving everyone the A10.

Hehe If Im not wrong Canada had found a publisher at the same time as 505 and Australia. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for laughing... its just funny how BIS split up the world. And thats what you get when you distribute like that.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,08:10)]Hehe If Im not wrong Canada had found a publisher at the same time as 505 and Australia.  biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for laughing... its just funny how BIS split up the world. And thats what you get when you distribute like that.

OMG really? And I waited to buy it? LOL. I need to stop working so much and just "smell the roses" haha.

So 1.07 should add the A-10 though?

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,08:10)]Hehe If Im not wrong Canada had found a publisher at the same time as 505 and Australia.  biggrin_o.gif

i am happy that they have acturally able to publish the game

i am not happy that they have to push it out the market too early

When I bought it the description the retailer had from their distributor was "PC Armed Assault."

I figured since it was published by Atari, there could only be one version, the US A-10 included, ver. 1.05

One big "DOH", if that A-10 isn't included in the 1.07 release that means I'll have to drop another $80 CDN on Combat Operations, if I can even get it! DOH.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,08:10)]Hehe If Im not wrong Canada had found a publisher at the same time as 505 and Australia. biggrin_o.gif

I second that... some bit of a weird situation it was crazy_o.gif

@ArmAVidz

As far as I remember, Canada found a publisher just before the Australians did... so the whole thing happened back then sometime in February (if im not wrong!wink_o.gif.

If it says Armed Assault, then it must be the Europe version ... but you say the publisher is Atari ? huh.gif

Btw. Why is everyone so keen on the A10 ? This is getting ridiculous, its just an addon like any other ... in fact you can only play around with it in the editor as there will be no official mission for the A10 for us Europeans.. and even if there were, those 1 or 2 mission would get boring quite fast.

... if that A-10 isn't included in the 1.07 release that means I'll have to drop another $80 CDN on Combat Operations, if I can even get it! DOH.

The A10 will be in the next patch, no need to buy it again tounge2.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,09:13)]

I second that... some bit of a weird situation it was  crazy_o.gif

@ArmAVidz

As far as I remember, Canada found a publisher just before the Australians did... so the whole thing happened back then sometime in February (if im not wrong!wink_o.gif.

If it says Armed Assault, then it must be the Europe version ... but you say the publisher is Atari ?  huh.gif

Btw. Why is everyone so keen on the A10 ? This is getting ridiculous, its just an addon like any other ... in fact you can only play around with it in the editor as there will be no official mission for the A10 for us Europeans.. and even if there were, those 1 or 2 mission would get boring quite fast.

@[CS]SOBR[1st-I-R]

Yep, Atari logo on the bottom left of the box, (no "combat operations" wording). I guess the Patch information is probably the most reliable at this point, pointing out that the copy I have is a "European DVD." It's looking like I may have to buy another copy anyhow, because as it's been pointed out, the US release will have an A-10 mission, yes?

As for the A-10, I admit, I have some "Like-Christmas New Toy" anxiousness  xmas_o.gif   wink_o.gif

Actually that is odd, perhaps I should message a mod and see what they think...

Why would you spend another 80$ on a mission? If the rest of the missions that come out of the box are anything to go by, you'd be truly wasting your time huh.gif

You could just ask someone to send you the mission files over the net if that isnt in any way illegal? You have purchased a legal copy and its only fair you should have the same version as the Americans.

Why would you spend another 80$ on a mission? If the rest of the missions that come out of the box are anything to go by, you'd be truly wasting your time huh.gif

Every single mission in ArmA is worth 80$. Especially those from the campaign wink_o.gif

I agree with the above posters, expect SeppSchrot!

Dont spend $80 for a mission only... soon after release there will be plenty community made mission out there for you to play.

Now picture you pay $80 only for that mission and it was bugged lol

Let someone send you the mission file or download user-made ones. smile_o.gif

or put it in editor, with 10 t-72's and have a blast biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Btw. I nearly dropped of my seat reading the first 2 posts rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif (not ur fault, the release stuff is very confusing)

@ArmaVidz

You probably bought the Atari 1.04 version that was released in Asia.

That's how it is when it came to Singapore... Atari's "Arma: Armed Assault", v1.04.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,09:13)]

I second that... some bit of a weird situation it was  crazy_o.gif

well acturally what i was trying to say was they have to push it out too early inorder to publish it.......so never mind

the way i see it, any exclusive missions included in the Atari US release will be available for everybody in another patch. just like "Blood Sweat and Tears" which was initially only available to buyers of the 505 release but now will be included in the upcoming patch.

besides, there will always be a friendly user who will share that mission if you ask nicely biggrin_o.gif . just like with "Blood Sweat and Tears". no worries.

the way i see it, any exclusive missions included in the Atari US release will be available for everybody in another patch. just like "Blood Sweat and Tears" which was initially only available to buyers of the 505 release but now will be included in the upcoming patch.

and those bloody cutscenes ....

Id rather have them in than that A10 mission.

wait for the next patch, then we'll see confused_o.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,14:46)]

right, i forgot. sad_o.gif

hopefully someone with the US version will upload the campaign file for us. i guess we will receive those cutscenes in the next patch after 1.07, but frankly, i don't wanna wait that long.

i mean, if anybody should get some extra content, it should be those of us who got tricked into buying the eastern european release (including the Morphicon one).

it should be those of us who got tricked into buying the eastern european release (including the Morphicon one).

Tricked ? tricked ?

No one was tricked, you'd have to be living on the moon to not know what you were buying.

And if anyone didn't do their research (ie come to this forum for a start) before a german or 505 purchase then more fool them.

Both my 505 and german DVDs are exactly what I expected, but better because of patches. And I'll hang til the 1.06 and 1.07 patches arrrive smile_o.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 05 2007,14:46)]

right, i forgot.  sad_o.gif

hopefully someone with the US version will upload the campaign file for us. i guess we will receive those cutscenes in the next patch after 1.07, but frankly, i don't wanna wait that long.

i mean, if anybody should get some extra content, it should be those of us who got tricked into buying the eastern european release (including the Morphicon one).

The custscenes aren't even that good, and frankly, they don't accurately portray anything. Beer vouchers? We're not allowed to drink while on deployments. Captain Armstrong "barking orders," at a special forces unit? Yeah, the detachment commander of that ODA, whom would also be a Captain, would tell Cpt Armstrong to piss off and mind his own business. Etc.

Lol, now where you did tell us about, I suddenly have a strong desire to see these clipscenes.

YouTube anyone? whistle.gif

@ArmaVidz

Where did you buy it? Are you in Vancouver?

As far a i know there is no Canadian deal, hence no physical copies to be found here in Edmonton or Alberta by the way. I've looked.