Sign in to follow this  
Bald_Maggot

Why Does Everyone get so up tight on these forums?

its just i feel there are key points in arma that are crippled intentionally.

Not just stripped features but elements deliberately changed to justify the price tag on vbs2 compared to Arma .

As for the "professional game" we all know that for war simulation freaks everything that has been engineered for the army is blessed bread.

I would forgive them if it was stripped of the stuffs specific to military training. But do they have to strip all the units, and the game features just because we aren't paying pro price?

Just because we aren't professional mean that we are just paying beta testers?

I know that there wasn't much time to develop Arma and that it is pretty much still in development, but does that means every innovative features have to be pumped in vbs2 while we are left to re engineer them ourself with the yet to come modding tools?

if i was paranoid i would say the arma is a shortcut from BIS to rack more cash to develop vbs2 and maybe, maybe game2

"Lets sell a stripped down version of our great military training tool to all the dumb players that will pay whatever we throw to them. That will increase our fundings quickly at small costs and allow us to achieve our greater goal"

there really aint much eyecandy in VBS2, someone who have a hands on for it already confirm this, maybe thats why VBS2 run better then ArmA, but its still guessing

@DieAngel

i have a name for that, its called "Chaos Theory"

It's the law of game forums. There has to be poorly written posts filled with lies, retarded speculation and conspiracy theories that would make even the most schizophrenic tinfoil-hatted wacko doubtful. Also, being a dick is actually considered 'constructive critcism' and construtive criticism is actually being a 'fanboy'. On game forums the word fanboy is used unironically and is a legitimate accusation of just about anything. Basically when people can't agree, they're fanboys. Both of them.

That's the law.

there really aint much eyecandy in VBS2, someone who have a hands on for it already confirm this, maybe thats why VBS2 run better then ArmA, but its still guessing

@DieAngel

heh i am sorry if that's how it sound, it's just how i feel sometimes.

@DieAngel

heh i am sorry if that's how it sound, it's just how i feel sometimes.

just dont get into the through too much, that would be OK

beside we didnt say that its impossible, but the chance are very very slight

Everybody is an armchair General, and because there is a video for something on Youtube it makes them automatically right.

Well i think its upto companys like BIS to do a better job before they release a game. That way you wouldn't get so many complaints in one forum.

This game was just so awfull to play when it was first released. It is getting better, but i just wish these games companys would stop over looking horrible performance issues.

I wouldn't mind if people with Gerforce 8800 were running the game great. I would just go out and buy one, but there has been so many complaints regarding the 8800. Then there's the vista complaints.

I just hope all these things are fixed in a few months time because its not of to stop me upgrading my machine, even if it means giving this game up.

i think alota people, not all, are really disapointed of ArmA. i'm played ofp since the demo and i always took it as a game meant to have fun and a sim meant to have a simulation of war. i remember seeing alota DM/CTF/CTI Servers, at least more than pure coop servers in ofp. When i look now into the ArmA gamespy browser, i see 95% Coop Servers. so what happend?

BIS once posted that they'll keep the balance between fun and sim, and here they totaly failed, therefore there are just coop servers left, which are representing a total minority in the gameworld.

issues about dm/ctf or general Close Combat have been disscused over 'n over, the last hope it seems could be the CWC Mod, but i really doubt it. it just doesnt feel right and every progress into a good fps would be a benefit for coop players too, but they want understand.

now we see what ArmA has become without Codemasters or what ofp was meant to be in the first place. after x postponements, which allrdy made alota ppl angry it seems we ended up with somethink meant for military excercises. i allwys thought vbs should fill this marked gap but what do i know...

i was a real big fan of flashpoint and even doh my real name is Marek, manufactured in Prague aswell, i lost my trust like many many others. i guess the whole close combat communtiy, or cs & bf2 idiots like the Sim guys name us, will be away within some months, as most left already. CTF Leagues don't really work due no interest. soon they wan't be anymore complains on this boards, because most guys moved away.

It breaks my heart to write this, but i can't change the truth. Have fun yer coopers out there...

Well, anger comes from two fronts right now. One is the angry people who feel a chance was lost of having an updated OFP experience. The other is people who get angry when the first group express their deception and frustration.

And thats also because it was a large majority of people who loved OFP and felt that Arma was a step backwards. There is no doubt that there were improvements but the ones defending Arma are purely reacting to this wave and have taken it personally. They drove off most of them now, but you better be ready for the next wave when the US release starts hitting the shelves. Cause most people who dont like this game post on other game forums without the overreactions from here. Like it or not they have good points. For example, here's a typical reaction to Arma on one of the game forums I belong to.

Quote[/b] ]

LawNDarT- Played the US demo and was extremely disappointed.

the graphics are below average, the controls are sluggish and the weapon performance is unrealistic. and before you jump down my throat about it, i have been handling and shooting guns all of my life and my father was a sniper in the military so i do have a decent amount of background in weapons performance (pistols, AR's, high powdered rifles, shotguns etc.)

over all it felt sloppy and underdeveloped. the thing i did like about it was the ability to move your gun within the field of view without actually changing your field of view. other than that i was not impressed.

We can at least have honest discusiions about this game on non fanboi forums. Around here, that is not possible.

I am not that bothered about CTF because it sucks on this and will never be fixed. I used to play ofp and am really annoyed how they made this a better coop game rather then CTF game, but i am trying to get over it.

I'm not starting somthing here that hasn't already been mentioned like CTF. I just now want a good hold map, where i have the time to study the map.

No point moaning about CTF because they just cannot fix it now.

well all i can think of is that BI have a different meaning for the word written "FUN"

for me a well made COOP mission can have a lots of fun factor, ever being pursuited by Mi24 while trying to escape with a bike? ever have a air assulte on a airport with the camel plane? thats what you can do with the mission, and thats fun for me, but someone will think its silly, others doesnt give a shit

I think when someone said that ARMA is ripping the OFP community apart they really hit the nail on the head. You see all kinds of posts that read: "Well in OFP, this script was used for...." and so on, which shows how many OFP members are still here.

I would hope that the community here will not develop a division as from what I can tell, OFP and ARMA are both such immersive titles with extremely talented people in both. I understand what it's like to move on from a title, and what it's like to stay with a title long after the "hype" is gone. Both are great places to be depending on your demeanor.

I personally would like to see a community that shares its information, welcomes new people, young and old and passes on the mentality that made OFP such an amazing title-through correction and expression of opinion. Scolding being the last resort. Patience being paramount. Without OFP players and community members, I believe, ARMA will be %99 TK'ers, whiners, unskilled pro-nerfers, rushers and all around arcadish style players; without any real talent for modding or community development.

So be calm smile_o.gif It's okay smile_o.gif I like to breath deeply for 10 seconds, then hit the Add Reply Button rofl.gif

ARMAVIDZ

I think that the "spirit" in our community changed since ArmA was introduced. Let me explain why...

In the good old days of OFP, we mostly had veteran or at least pretty much experienced gamers and no newcomers (not saying noobs smile_o.gif )

But since arma.. the breach between the "snotty" former-ofp veterans and the new players to ArmA is wider than ever before. And of course someone who is experienced and someone that isnt cant come along with each other. Topdog and underdog there again.

The forums used to not suck as much, but then again I guess you could just call me old and say that I'm not one to accept change... confused_o.gif

ArmA does seem to be ripping apart the OFP community as I'm not recognizing 90% of the names I'm seeing on the boards now...

ArmA was a disappointment for me initially at least, but I hope when I get a new computer in the coming weeks this will change... though I used to care about graphics... I don't as much anymore, I just want a playable game that can compete with what OFPR was at least...

Edit: And the new moderators are not too great as they are not sociable and most of them are people I've never seen before. Kind of like where a company gets taken over and all the old employees get fired and new ones come in and the old customers are pissed off...

Well, at that, then I would hope that the veterans would have patience with the lack of knowledge of the newcomers, and the newcomers have respect for the vets.

As for the mods, well, I'm new, from Battlefield2 to boot, but with every post, I try to convey respect and admiration for OFP vets and sim vets alike, and would hope that newcomers do the same, while hoping the mods become less "authoritive" and more "community building" while still maintaining a stiff hand at those who break rules and flame.

notworthy.gif   smile_o.gif

PS: sorry about punctuation and grammar lol

Well, at that, then I would hope that the veterans would have patience with the lack of knowledge of the newcomers, and the newcomers have respect for the vets.

As for the mods, well, I'm new, from Battlefield2 to boot, but with every post, I try to convey respect and admiration for OFP vets and sim vets alike, and would hope that newcomers do the same, while hoping the mods become less "authoritive" and more "community building" while still maintaining a stiff hand at those who break rules and flame.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I see this totally different:

I see that some OFP veterans protecting BI at any costs and finding excuses for every misbehavior of BI both for the business area as well as for the technical area. I talk about really big names which have basically my full respect.

The best thing was the history of the BTS:

I was short before getting killed by some really old OFP veterans virtually for demanding a better way of TT management and I 've been told several times that it was a BI decision to use the Wiki list and that it will stay like this. And this in a sound like they speak in the name of BI.

Then I started to beat BI for this and I got suddenly an e-mail from BI telling me that it is not like that and that they would give it a try with some basic demands to such a BTS.

I had to realize that the most hindering party to get something from BI or to help them is not BI, no, it is a part of the community.

The fact that I am a fundamentalist in terms of consumer protection and my "special" personality is then the main reason why 98% of the community has a problem with me personally.

It is far behind the horizon for many to imagine that they could claim for their money an almost perfect functioning product.

They try to suggest me that a totally bugged product is god-given. This is where I can not hesitate to screw up a thread in 99% of the cases.

I am not that bothered about CTF because it sucks on this and will never be fixed. I used to play ofp and am really annoyed how they made this a better coop game rather then CTF game, but i am trying to get over it.

I'm not starting somthing here that hasn't already been mentioned like CTF. I just now want a good hold map, where i have the time to study the map.

Why are CTF fans so pissed off? I'm a definite Newbie to MP and have had fun playing both CTF and Coops so I'm wondering what the purists feel are lacking.

A lot of realism gamers are incredibly sad obsessed people, who take the game too seriously, have no life e.t.c and have a mixed up perception of what should be made a big deal over.

Why are CTF fans so pissed off? I'm a definite Newbie to MP and have had fun playing both CTF and Coops so I'm wondering what the purists feel are lacking.

cause CTF was way better in OFP than now in ArmA, thats the only reason.

BIS would need to patch and change the ArmA infantry feeling a lot till the CTF players would be happy.

So i can understand that many people are upset about ArmA, but i think its better than OFP was at the beginning, but the gameplay itself has lost a bit of its nice feeling like it was in OFP at the end.

So as this is a forum there will be always many different opinions and people, and complaining about a game which you bought is just normal if you dont like it.

I dont wanna know what the people have written in the forums of BF2, im nearly sure that it was way harder there than ever here! wink_o.gif

BIS would need to patch and change the ArmA infantry feeling a lot till the CTF players would be happy.

Disagree completely. The gameplay is a bit more realistic, it doesn't ruin CTF. It's just that some people seem to prefer a more 'arcadey' style. CTF in ArmA is good fun, I have played it and enjoyed it. You guys just need to accept the changes and stop asking to have your old gameplay back.

If you hate change so much then you can always go and play OFP.

So i can understand that many people are upset about ArmA, but i think its better than OFP was at the beginning, but the gameplay itself has lost a bit of its nice feeling like it was in OFP at the end.

So as this is a forum there will be always many different opinions and people, and complaining about a game which you bought is just normal if you dont like it.

I dont wanna know what the people have written in the forums of BF2, im nearly sure that it was way harder there than ever here! wink_o.gif

I'm not trying to start a flame war but what specifically was better about OFP CTF. Was it that aiming was easier? Is it the momentum added to the players weight throws people off in ArmA?

cant say it exact why the majority of the old OFP CTF players dont like the new stuff in ArmA.

Maybe the slower movements, the freezed movement during reload, the not going in crouch position again after sprint and the finishing of the animation by death thing...to name a few.

i like CTF in ArmA too, but in OFP it was all faster and you got better chances to get away if u got under fire by moving crazy around like a headless chicken.

Now the model of the soldier feels like a robot if you control it, maybe we are still so used to the old OFP feeling, dont know.

But im used to the ArmA movements now too and so i dont have a problem with playing CTF in ArmA, otherwise i wouldnt have made so many CTF maps! tounge2.gif

And the majority of ArmA players are not so hot heated that they are complaining about everything, so i think that the forums are quite nice and well moderated here.