Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Freezing... FREEZE

hey guys, on the full game and on the demo...

every time i go to map, it goes to map... freezes, wait a couple seconds... ok now u can use map... exit map, goes back to game screen, freezes, ok wait a couple seconds, ok play now...

or every time i hit esc, wait a couple seconds, ah there we go, i can use the menu... ah i dont need the menu any more, esc again, freezes for a couple seconds.... mmm, ok go ahead and play now.

wth is going on??? ever time i have to bring up a menu in this game it freezes for a couple seconds........

system specs:

Core 2 duo 2.66

2 gig ram

7950 GT

1 terrabyte harddrive

Windows sp 2

again texture loading bug, try use nHance and set prerender limit all the way to 0, it fix my 8800GTS problem

shuting off pagefile in windows if you have enought ram also do the trick for me

nether worked..

heres somthing i found in my documents/arma demo

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=2000.000000;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=60;

FSAA=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4318,661,-969590718";

localVRAM=522776576;

nonlocalVRAM=260046847;

is there anything in there that is not right?

ive even lowerd every thing to very low and disabled,

WTF is going on, i have a kick ass computer that i bet could run crysis better then this game. (if i were to update the gfx card to 8800)

I realize you're having problems with the game, but there is no need to bump the topic every hour.

Anyways, as far as I have noticed,about switching from map back to game, there will sometimes be a small delay to avoid the loading screens that were previously an issue, you should get a small text message in the lower left on the map screen saying "Receiving...". From my experience that should not happen when switching into the map or when pressing escape key to access the menu.

I have exactly the same problem on my Acer 9815 laptop:

Intel c2d T7200

nVidia geForce GO 7600 GS/256mb

Ram 2048

It seems that someone has found a solution here in our forums and I have tried sending him an email. I hope he sees it and respond.

Check out the topic: Game halts for 2/3 seconds when I access Gear.

Please any information appreciated...

sad_o.gifconfused_o.gifsad_o.gif

Bit drastic ... but perhaps try a reinstall of XP or a new partition for it to be installed on ... might solve the problem! smile_o.gif

i just built this pc from the ground up by hand, i dont think doing that will do a damn difrence, thanks anyways...

sorry i'm going at you like this, just i dont want one of the best pcs to start acting like shit to a hardly that good looking of a game that i could defenitly run.

i just built this pc from the ground up by hand, i dont think doing that will do a damn difrence, thanks anyways...

sorry i'm going at you like this, just i dont want one of the best pcs to start acting like shit to a hardly that good looking of a game that i could defenitly run.

There seems to be something not right with your PC:

"3D_Performance=2000.000000;"

On my PC (C2D 6400@3200MHz, 2GB, X1900XT) it says:

"3D_Performance=12000.000000;"

That said I also experience slight pauses when bringing up the map and going back to the 3D view, but I'd not classify them as a "freeze" myself. Hitting escape brings up the menu pretty much instantly. Don't know what's wrong with your rig, but something seems to be, no?

"hardly that good looking" - you're joking, right? It may not have flashy graphics like any other run of the mill shooter, sparkly and shining everywhere, but I don't think that was the goal at all. ArmA strives for a realistic look instead and boy, does it ever succeed. Now, my PC doesn't have the horsepower to run it at max details and still have playable framerates, but sooner or later that day and hardware will come and you bet that I'll be there.

I also don't think that it has to do with windows installation or hard disk. I believe it's a graphic card's issue.

Please take a look at the post I mentioned later.

That guy really found a workaround and it had to do with nvidia drivers (something about an MGMT controller). I don't have such an entry in my Add/Remove programs list so I'm becoming more confused now..

Please anybody help..

There seems to be something not right with your PC:

"3D_Performance=2000.000000;"

On my PC (C2D 6400@3200MHz, 2GB, X1900XT) it says:

"3D_Performance=12000.000000;"

That said I also experience slight pauses when bringing up the map and going back to the 3D view, but I'd not classify them as a "freeze" myself. Hitting escape brings up the menu pretty much instantly. Don't know what's wrong with your rig, but something seems to be, no?

"hardly that good looking" - you're joking, right? It may not have flashy graphics like any other run of the mill shooter, sparkly and shining everywhere, but I don't think that was the goal at all. ArmA strives for a realistic look instead and boy, does it ever succeed. Now, my PC doesn't have the horsepower to run it at max details and still have playable framerates, but sooner or later that day and hardware will come and you bet that I'll be there.

Well this game is pissing me off... banghead.gifbanghead.gif

..and finally I found out the solution to my problem!..

Actually sfmadmax replied to my pm. Thanks sfmadmax!!!

In my case (and sfmadmax's too) it's a USB keyboard causing the problem!!!!!!!!!!

Start the game, start a simple mission, unplug the USB keyboard, plug it again and voila!!!.... Everything works great

Tricky, isn't it??

Please BIS (..if you hear us...) correct this kind of bugs.

Please, please, please

Well well that's the way it is. tounge2.gif

This Game is really one of the Strangest i ever played....

One day i get 20 FPS all over the day next day exactly the same Mission i got 14 - 16 FPS all over the day.

In the Editor or in Multiplayer (Local Hosted) Sessions i get 14 - 18 Sometimes 20 FPS

On a Local Hosted Server i get 30 - 35 FPS every time.

And yes this map bug really SUCKS!!! banghead.gif You can't drive Cars, Choppers or any other Vehicle and watch to the Map else you will crash becouse of the delay.

Just today i lost 5 lifes just becouse of the Map delay.... mad_o.gif

This game is really AWESOME but thouse things are making me really sick!!!!!

..and finally I found out the solution to my problem!..

Actually sfmadmax replied to my pm. Thanks sfmadmax!!!

In my case (and sfmadmax's too) it's a USB keyboard causing the problem!!!!!!!!!!

Start the game, start a simple mission, unplug the USB keyboard, plug it again and voila!!!.... Everything works great

Tricky, isn't it??

did u even read that? ^^^^^

I have that same problem and read pretty much every post and I saw the old lock on gear post and I didnt have those nvidia programs on my add/remove list..

I also have a usb keyboard (G15) and I'll try this and edit the post with results

edit: I unplugged my g15 when game loaded fully and IT WORKS

OMG IT WORKS FINALLY, Now I can enjoy the game!

I only have the demo and also have C2D E6600 2,66, 2GB Ram PC5300, Asus 7950GT 512MB, 2 x Raptor 35gb HDD in Raid-0, and WinXP SP2, and I have a ZBoard Merc keyboard - absolutely no map stuttering problems here...

I don't believe that it has to do with the USB keyboard but the USB controller itself. We can't blaim Logitech or any other USB peripherals manufacturer beacause if you unplug and replug the keyboard everything works great. If it was a keyboard or USB driver problem it would keep not working after replugging. It's obvious that its an ArmA bug. Hope that 1.06 patch fixes it cause I'm tired leaning on my knees to unplug the USB cord everytime I want to play ArmA!!!

I don't believe that it has to do with the USB keyboard but the USB controller itself. We can't blaim Logitech or any other USB peripherals manufacturer beacause if you unplug and replug the keyboard everything works great. If it was a keyboard or USB driver problem it would keep not working after replugging. It's obvious that its an ArmA bug. Hope that 1.06 patch fixes it cause I'm tired leaning on my knees to unplug the USB cord everytime I want to play ArmA!!!

the usb bug is about the strangest bug i have ever come across.

Simply putting usb in and out in a mission allows me a very stable 60 FPS everything maxed at 1280x1024.

instant gear and map access almost no lag ever.

This also explains why some people have had No issue with ARMA and some have, those who have must have been running USB keyboards.

Dear BIH I love ARMA but HOW ON EARTH can a USb keybaord (Zboard) and USb mouse cause this issue?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif???

Can some one with a USB keyboard, test this with a non secure rom copy of the game aka the german version or sprocket? If this is secure rom I'm going to be very pissy with SONY.

If it isn't dear BIH plonk a zboard on a test rig and TEST in future please.

SFmadmax, you win star of the week for best fix of the week.

Its annoying for me as well breaking my legs to unplug it to play!

Hoping 1.06 will have USB issues fixed..

Quote[/b] ]Dear BIH I love ARMA but HOW ON EARTH can a USb keybaord (Zboard) and USb mouse cause this issue?

Frankly, I have no idea. We are not performing any operations with any USB port, the only interface we are using to process keyboard input are standard Windows messages and DirectInput, there is nothing USB specific.

Just to let you know, i use a USB Keyboard and have not had any problems. smile_o.gif

MattR.

So what do you mean.. Are we talking lies?

Or do you blaim everybody else than you? I know how the story goes very well.. Microsoft is a great teacher..

Developer's Handbook rev.2007:

1) Release a product 25% ready and 25% tested.

2) When the problems start to arise and you need two servers to support your forum then don't panic..

3) Make a public statement (NO MORE THAN 11 WORDS) blaiming everybody/everything else than you for the problems. Windows is a great shelter to hide bags. Noone knows anything and everything is someone other's fault.

4) Count on and be friends with the customers who join a KNOWN, CONFIRMED AND EXISTING BAG thread in the forum just to say that evrything works fine in their computers.

PS: If you don't have such customers ..just buy some.

We know how the story goes now..

I should reconsider my profession. Software developer is a great opportunity to work 50% and be paid for 200%.