Sign in to follow this  
neildood

Easier ADMIN selection?

Is there any other way a admin can be selected rather than everyone having to vote one person in?

Many times now on diffrent servers i have seen some numbskull going on a teamkilling spree and everyones calling him an ass etc. but no one can ban/kick cause there is no admin. This becomes a problem as now all the people playing have to vote a admin(#vote admin blahblah) not all people no what to do and were all typing "please vote for blahblah". Not all vote,causing timeout and having to revote again.

This can continue upto 30mins while the teamkiller is running around messing up the game, in that time people leave etc. which is no fun.

Any ideas? and is there anywhere to report teamkiller names with proof?

answers on a postcard really. dont think any game has a good solution to this. human admins are usually the best way of dealing with the issue, and there's very few good alternatives.

answers on a postcard really. dont think any game has a good solution to this. human admins are usually the best way of dealing with the issue, and there's very few good alternatives.

needs a gui interface if more than say 10% of people say vote admin and there is not one game pauses, everyone egts to vote. New admin boots tk'er.

The current system follows the usual issue of programmers SHOULD NEVER EVER design a GUI. having to text type to kick players or choose an admin when a simple gui would make it idiot proof is final proof programmers should work on code and let others tune the game :}

My view, and that of my long serving admins is that the game would be a lot easier to admin if you didnt have to actually be in the game to do anything admin wise.

The game needs a good Remote access function and a simple admin tool that can be run from your desktop without the need to run the game.

Such an interface should be able to display:-

Chat log ( all channels )

player names & ID in a permanently visable userlist

Available maps

Current playing map

Server loading.

It would be ideal for the following functions to be accessable from it:-

Kick & Ban ( point and Click from userlist )

user definable warning/kick/ban messages ( point and click to the person being warned/kicked/banned )

Simple map selection or set up of a map rotation.

Im surprised that BIS has released a modern multiplayer game that hasnt any kind of remote admin function what so ever, its mind boggeling crazy_o.gif The required need to admin a server from within went out with the Ark and its something that nearly all modern multiplayer games have had for many years now. Atleast you can still admin and use your PC for other things at the same time with Remote Admin access. Currently your forced to tie up your computer with the game to just admin a server.

If BIS could provide the basic functionality for remote access Im sure the Community could come up with their own simple GUI if there was a demand for it ( the GUI not the remote access )

BIS, if your out there listening, just simply put up an official poll and see how many server admins out there would like/dislike the ability to admin without being stuck in the game.

Im surprised that BIS has released a modern multiplayer game that hasnt any kind of remote admin function what so ever, its mind boggeling  

If BIS could provide the basic functionality for remote access Im sure the Community could come up with their own simple GUI if there was a demand for it ( the GUI not the remote access )

BIS, if your out there listening, just simply put up an official poll and see how many server admins out there would like/dislike the ability to admin without being stuck in the game.

Signed, totally agree with this one.

This game is even more vulnrable to abuse then other FPS-games.

Monk.

I asked about a RAT oh god now........  goodnight.gif  months ago, here is the link:-

Server Admin/Wolfrat needed

As for  pistols.gif banning band.gif ppl there is this link:-

ArmA GBL

So if its been asked before are BIS not interested?

It has been really annoying to find servers that cant vote an Admin succesfully in to kick teamkillers. Only solution i find is to move on but some servers i really like.

Anyone from BIS can give us an idea or answer would be good.

Many Thanks

Neil

You forget that Mods aren't tech-support. BIS Staff on the other-hand could/would/should help, but the moderators here are just forum admins, not necessarily game-designers...

So, where can we move this topic to get the attention of the developers ? Its not a troubleshooting issue so cant go there even though I have seen the Dev team answer problems in there.

So is the Dev team not going to let us know if anything is in the works for a remote admin tool? if we are to do away with the team killers we need to be able to admin from the outside to keep a 24 hour watch on our servers until these muppets grow up.

Why not create a wishlist for the devs in what functions are needed for remote AND local (ie playing) admins.

Thatway if they do decide to implement any changes, at least they'll know what the community want, rather than us blasting em when they bring out a tool and it's missing features.

I know nowt about the remote side, but i for one, would like a better way of getting in an admin during a game.

The newer players have alot of diff voting and by the time you actually get an admin in the tkers have buggered off.

Try it yourself on any internationally played server with folks who don't all speak the queens eng. (of for that matter on an all eng speakin one smile_o.gif ) Especially on missions like air cav (which i now will not play due to frustrations covered elsewhere in this forum). It can take hours to get an admin voted in.

rgds

LoK

First step would be for BIS t initiate a development discussion on the subject. no point in us blabbing about it if it not going to get noticed. If they initiate it, then we can hammer the issues out and know its getting read by the people who matter.

Hi all

The wish list needs to be added to the bug tracker that way we can vote for things.

Of course this ain't a democracy and I am a practical anarchist so do not think it works and our voting for it guarantees nothing otherwise we would all be able to vote for full size golden elephants that crapped golden ingots and could mate with other golden elephant to produce even more golden elephants.

The nature of a wish.

Never the less voting would give BIS some idea of what the community thinks important and would be an additional form of consultation.

Kind Regards walker

Yes please, make it easier to vote an admin in the game. It should at least show how many votes left are needed.

A remote access for admins would be great too.

/signed

hello

excuse mistakes as im doing this on me phone.

i do sympathise with any aab gripes as they seem to be under alot of attacks, but i think if one makes enuf reasobable noise, in bug area or not, you will get listened too.

there are programmers , designers etc who monitor this board,so i think here is a good place to start ideas.

ii  truly believe that admin controls are key to keeping this game alive. and at least if we let folks know what we want here, then we have contributed tto a solution.

lets do a wish list. even if its ignored. i for one would like to see aab server what it used to be. a place for n and old players alike and a great place to play.

rgds

lok

The Bug tracker is on that Wikki thingamybob ??

The Bugtracker forum here says its for reporting issues with the bugtracker?? crazy_o.gif ( a bug tracker for a bug tracker huh.gif? )

Yeah, thats the right way of going about getting the mods to respond, but not in the way you want. All they'll do is lock your thread and give you a WL +1. Good thinking.

Sorry Jackal!!

OTT I know but do you see any MOD/DEV even slightly or remotely looking here or even answering to any of this info??

NO!! ........ Thus my small outburst  nener.gif

Anyway I would still appreciate it, if any DEV/MOD could even reply to us, so that we dont think we are not being listened to.....

Kind regards  notworthy.gif

"This is a game for all to enjoy, help us to achieve this"  

Pretty sure mods can not give you an yes/no answer to this, simply because we are not the ones developing the game, but we are people who maintain order on this forum.

Typing in caps will not, magically, make all of the BIS developers to notice and reply to this thread, not even if you made the letters bold.

Pretty sure mods can not give you an yes/no answer to this, simply because we are not the ones developing the game, but we are people who maintain order on this forum.

Typing in caps will not, magically, make all of the BIS developers to notice and reply to this thread, not even if you made the letters bold.

Hi, ok is there any other way of raising this matter to BIS to get an answer just in case they have not read this?

Thanks