Sign in to follow this  
armatech

ArMaTeC Dedicated server

you got banned on 2 posts lol

this is your 3rd this one looks good biggrin_o.gif

i was banned on my old account "Wizzywig" i then broke the rules and recreated ArMaTeCh (My bad again) was just so i could communicate with the admins i was banned for posting a link to a arma 1.02 download i found for my members of my old forum at wiztez.com its all deleated now as bis was quite annoyed at me for doign so and i do understand why and its justifyed 100% i hope this thread is not just asking why i was banned and keeps to the topic if ya wanna flame me come to http://armatechsquad.com/forum/ so i can ban you lol. i was told to stick to the rules so i am please dont go off topic

I guess thanks for the app.

I ran in it in VMware on my Debian box and it tries some crazy net traffic. One packet had the MD5 hash for a my virtual login account. I think there might be more to this program than the author is telling.

Can anyone confirm this?

The only out bound connections are as follows

A connection to the php script thats get the info on the servers such as players and server stats and a connection for the flash chat app and a update check at the start the MD5 hash u picked up was most likely the signiture check on the update file this app is in no way a spying tool unless you count TeamSpeak watching as spying then ur out of luck with the flame.

And to all else that also feels this way please note u can always install it with your internet off and just continue the errors and block the app from internet access. Upto you but any how.

Is there any Bugs in the configs of better ways to go about it idears is what is needed to make this tol really work.

OYer i nearly forgot there is also a connection to http://whatismyip.com

armatech, just the other night before you posted this I was looking for a application to do this. I hate editing the configs all the time. This is really handy.

Armatech to avoid any comments about "strange" traffic etc.

i suggest You release source code under some open licence ...

some are enough restrictive if You wish to prevent abuse of Your code w/o approval

that way others can also improve Your program

i dont do O.S. sorry but as stated block all connection out and in.

It will take longer to load as it checks for update at the start but other than that there is no auto connections.

on a side note just updated it again to improve the teamspeak interface and added some functions to retrive ts2 server info.

[myg0t]Azide is part of that clan of trouble makers that love to cheat. They got off on annoying people and only live to be destructive.

I don't believe a word coming out of their mouths.

yer so people are reporting to me!

but on a nice point i have been creating this tool for jerryhopper

i would like to know how u guys like it as it might be included in the DS tool soon

Sahrani Radio Player

Download NOW!!

Sahrani Radio Player

Quote[/b] ]ArmAtech -

A connection to the php script thats get the info on the servers such as players and server stats

may want to check this post

BIS Forum post - ArmA Server Status PHP Block

so u stole my block and did not credit me how rude.

I created that script and asked Jason0 to host it on clanhosting.co.uk dont steal others work as im now goign to ask him to move the script as im gonan publish the code soon any how

This tool is just the thing for an idiot like me, but i have some problems. I can find my server in public serverlist, but when i "check" mission, i can se the following:

Quote[/b] ]Server Status: Waiting

Version: 1.05

Server OS win

Is Server Dedicated 1

Mod Check No

Server Mods CA;

Passworded Yes

Hide Show

Game Info

Game Type:

Mission/Map:

Number Players: 0

Max. Players: 30

Difficulty Cadet

Game State Server Empty / Mission Screen

Island Name

Time Limmit 0

Number of Teams 0

Hide Show

Player Stats

Total Users 0

Unit Username Squad Kills Deaths Hide Show

Why is it just waiting, and why dont the maps show?

Quote[/b] ]ArmAtech -

A connection to the php script thats get the info on the servers such as players and server stats

may want to check this post

BIS Forum post - ArmA Server Status PHP Block

so u stole my block and did not credit me how rude.

I created that script and asked Jason0 to host it on clanhosting.co.uk dont steal others work as im now goign to ask him to move the script as im gonan publish the code soon any how

Wizzywig(ArmaTech) is right, the server query script is his, I was sent this script by a member of ClanShout - I was under the impression that since he sent it to me, I had permission to use it for my php module - The script sent to me had no credits listed within & I had no idea otherwise - I had added another php script to it to make it a stand alone module & block for the ArmA community php websites.

I have been in communication with ArmaTech both in PM & email - I have apologized to him & now I apologize to the community for any misconceptions -

This download is now available as a joint venture between ArMaTechsquad & TheMedicStation for the ArmA community

Bob - Combat Medic

@Fighting_steel

there is no one on there server thats why there is no mission loaded try setting persistant battlefield

@MS_CombatMedic

Promission given now ill pm shadow now and ask to unlock the post for you

@MS_CombatMedic

Promission given now ill pm shadow now and ask to unlock the post for you

Wizzywig - check your email for the revised edition & email me back

@ms sent a small edit with web address good luck with your block

and your welcome.gif

armatech said:

Quote[/b] ]i dont do O.S. sorry but as stated block all connection out and in.

May I ask why you don't "do" open source?

anyway the tools is nice but what would be even more nice is a control panel where u can conect remotly to kick players remotly from the server and eventually chat in the server remotly or anounce the server is going down for a certain time

i hope this will be created on arma soonday

armatech said:

open source is for people who wont others to work on the app and steel the work and say its there own i have had dealings in the past where i created my app as O.S. and then there was 100+ applications all doing the same thing. Now if your a true programmer then you can understand how much work i have put in to the tool and you would understand why i wont make this O.S. and if you cant its because all you can do re code my work and pass it off as your own then why don't you just make the whole app your self from scratch? I'm more then happy to help out but on that note why would i need to if your a real programmer when you can do it your self it just take time for example i started this tool back in December 2006 where the tool just created a default server.cfg with just around 20 lines off code then the guys who loved it asked for more so i went overboard and filled in all requests. one request was a section to say who was using the tool at all times i did so then we all noticed that this could be miss read as a spying tool so it was removed and then chat room login button was coded for them who wanted to be known to run my D.S. tool.

Back tot he point its not O.S. as I'm still not finished with it also if it was to become O.S. 70% would be removed due to my copyrights. (yes 70% is copyrighted and would cost you cash to to have it in O.S.)

I hope this clears things up

the tool is for the community free of charge by the community at a cost so be grateful and enjoy

@JIN

I have such a tool 100% works but its not a tool i can publish as it more of a hack then a tool and ti makes the ArmA server very unstable hence why i scraped it after seeing the wiki admins kill some the info on the same kinda thing not to long ago. as soon as BIS hard codes such a section into the arma_server.exe with some hard coded secrity for the remote admin i wont mess with there "tearms of use" as i know hooking the exe will do so

Any way guys u lot all keep asking questions but no new idears on how to improve it

@Fighting_steel

there is no one on there server thats why there is no mission loaded try setting persistant battlefield

Nope, thats not it! This is on. Dont understand this?

I run on defult maps and setting just to make sure, and i could find the server, but i said "starting" and it never got started! crazy_o.gif

check the server ports i did have a check inplace but as u all seem to think its not safe i removed that section also can u post me the full server in fo like this

edit :: my server is updating so its down for about 24h

edit of the edit:: Server backup

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

This is the information for 6thSense.eu Coop 01

Server Info

Server Name:  6thSense.eu Coop 01

Server IP:  84.243.252.15:2351

Server Status: Playing

Version: 1.05

Server OS win

Is Server Dedicated  1

Mod Check No

Server Mods  CA

Passworded Yes

Hide Show

Game Info

Game Type:

Coop

Mission/Map: co(16) Air Cavalry1

Number Players: 8

Max. Players: 16

Difficulty Cadet

Game State In Progress

Island Name  Sara

Time Limmit  15

Number of Teams  0

Hide Show

Player Stats

Total Users 8

Unit Username Squad Kills Deaths

Player 1 sun  0 1

Player 2 Ray  0 0

Player 3 Steve McKinson  0 0

Player 4 PC  0 0

Player 5 Шматко  0 0

Player 6 Ciba  0 1

Player 7 trut  0 0

Player 8 Federico  -1 0

Hide Show  

armatech said:

open source is for people who wont others to work on the app and steel the work and say its there own i have had dealings in the past where i created my app as O.S. and then there was 100+ applications all doing the same thing. Now if your a true programmer then you can understand how much work i have put in to the tool and you would understand why i wont make this O.S. and if you cant its because all you can do re code my work and pass it off as your own then why don't you just make the whole app your self from scratch? I'm more then happy to help out but on that note why would i need to if your a real programmer when you can do it your self it just take time for example i started this tool back in December 2006 where the tool just created a default server.cfg with just around 20 lines off code then the guys who loved it asked for more so i went overboard and filled in all requests. one request was a section to say who was using the tool at all times i did so then we all noticed that this could be miss read as a spying tool so it was removed and then chat room login button was coded for them who wanted to be known to run my D.S. tool.

Back tot he point its not O.S. as I'm still not finished with it also if it was to become O.S. 70% would be removed due to my copyrights. (yes 70% is copyrighted and would cost you cash to to have it in O.S.)

I hope this clears things up

the tool is for the community free of charge by the community at a cost so be grateful and enjoy

Woah. I obviously struck a sore point with you. I apologize if my question came across as rude. I simply was interested in your point of view.

I fully endorse your right to release your code however you choose to. As far as I'm concerned, you as the creator have full legal and moral control over whatever you write. No one should use your code in a way that you do not wish.

I was definitely sorry to hear about your previous experience with releasing code under an open source license. It sounds as if one of two things might have occurred. You may have chosen a license which was not exactly in line with what your wishes were, or you may have truly run into people who re-used your work without giving you the credit that you demanded. I can see how you might have been soured by the end result in either case.

Have you ever read the Open Source definition created by the OSI? Nothing in that definition states that an original copyright holder must be explicitly listed. So far as I know, only one license that passes the OSI's definition, the old BSD license, requires that all copyright holders must be listed in every release of a software package. That included all packaging. The original creators of that license, the regents of University of Calfornia Berkeley, dropped the requirement when the list of copyright holders who had donated code software became so long that it became difficult (if not impossible for CD cases! ) to list all the contributors on the back of a box. smile_o.gif

My personal experience has been that code leeches generally end up storing enough bad karma that they end up paying for their transressions in the long run. O.S. coders in general are a generous lot. They are far more quick to call down the wrath of the gods on someone who steps out of line than commercial only types are.

With all that said, I am not the type to insist that you release your code in any way that you don't feel comfortable with. I was wondering if you would be willing to release your code under the license that Kegetys came up with? He's the guy who wrote the Spectating Script, ArmaTools, and ArmaLauncher among other things. While not a truly O.S. license, it's plenty good enough for the purposes of ArmA game admins:

Quote[/b] ] credits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made by Kegetys (email deleted by =JpS=SgtRock)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

license & disclaimer

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. Any commercial, military or educational use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.

You are free to distribute this software as you wish, as long as it is kept 100% free of charge, it is not modified in any way and this readme file is distributed with it.

The author takes no responsibility for any damages this program may cause, use at your own risk.

Is that more along the lines of something that you could live with?