Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

Well to be honest if u cant change the sound for different areas, indoor/outdoor etc then the sounds should be based on an outdoor sound..

As you're outside in a field in ArmA more than inside..

Fantastic work making all sounds come from one environment, volume zero, recording quality and distance. A masterpiece of craftsmanship. notworthy.gif

How is the sound mod going at the moment?

Ok, for an update since chammy has been real busy doing his sound mod and taking care of his child, i'm qouteing what he said off a msn conversation last night.

Quote[/b] ]i gotta go and change some sounds , cause I found some more resources for them. plus some arent matching with other

Also, he feels he has let some of you down for not making the weekend deadline that he did try to make. All we can hope for now is a release by this coming friday.

the dude shouldn't feel rushed. so what he missed the weekend deadline thing, he's giving us the most awesome sound mod biggrin_o.gif i would happily wait 2 weeks, even tho i'd be checking every day smile_o.gif wouldn't feel right rushing a guy to make something for me that he's giving me for free, and tbh, Rocks.

Also, he feels he has let some of you down for not making the weekend deadline that he did try to make. All we can hope for now is a release by this coming friday.

Dont worry, a sound mod of this quality is worth waiting for, tell him 2 take his time

If it's for the benefit of the end result then by all means, make 'em wait some more smile_o.gif

It's not like Arma is unplayable with vanilla/fdf/modwar soundpack till this is ready to be released.

Dont worry, a sound mod of this quality is worth waiting for, tell him 2 take his time

+1

Quote[/b] ]Also, he feels he has let some of you down for not making the weekend deadline that he did try to make. All we can hope for now is a release by this coming friday.

He owes us nothing, and those of us that like what we hear owe him a great debt of thanks.

Just a few well done videos with this soundmod will push ArmA over the top in marketing on YouTube.  This is what has been missing from the total immersion, and you're capturing it well.

its going to be worth it, i mean, i cant think of many people who would go to a rifle range to get the best sounds

Hi! Haven't been around for some weeks, so sorry if this has been answered already ( I am too lazy to read through 13 pages of this thread):

Are these radio chatters and voice commands in the youtube video part of the mod, or are they just for better atmosphere in the video? If they are in the mod, how did you do that? And how/when will they play? Are they activated by triggers? Or do the play randomly?

BTW: Awesome sound mod, as far as I can tell (from the video).

cheers, mailor.

D-day+1 no sound pack, ah well secure the beach heads, bring the artillery ashore, push out into the bocage smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are these radio chatters and voice commands in the youtube video part of the mod, or are they just for better atmosphere in the video? If they are in the mod, how did you do that? And how/when will they play? Are they activated by triggers? Or do the play randomly?

Yeah i was wondering this to, anyone?

D-day+1 no sound pack, ah well secure the beach heads, bring the artillery ashore, push out into the bocage  smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Are these radio chatters and voice commands in the youtube video part of the mod, or are they just for better atmosphere in the video? If they are in the mod, how did you do that? And how/when will they play? Are they activated by triggers? Or do the play randomly?

Yeah i was wondering this to, anyone?

Yes, i am also interesting to hear how this works.

the really cool background sounds u heard on the rhamadi video, apparently, these are the actual sounds of the weapons in the mod, not ambience, the sounds u hear is the battle raging in the town

I dont know if its been asked already but anyone making (or made) and Iraq mod?

I've seen an Afghanistan mod, but Iraqs narrow streets and insurgent warfare would be awesome biggrin_o.gif

Lots of vids and true battles to recreate from...

hmm i dont see what this has to do with the new sound mod.

Ok, as chammy has said on youtube comments. The radio chatter is just a background effect he added in movie-editor, so you wont be hearing any of that with the first release, but maybe later on he will put somthing like that in.

I dont know if its been asked already but anyone making (or made) and Iraq mod?

I've seen an Afghanistan mod, but Iraqs narrow streets and insurgent warfare would be awesome  biggrin_o.gif

Lots of vids and true battles to recreate from...

I'm sure there is one behind this link. smile_o.gif

WOW i just heard these sounds for the first time and all i can say is amazing. DOOD YOU ROCK! notworthy.gif

This will be big. yay.gif

Yupp, he triggered the radio chatter and the distant battle sounds (not in the mod, combat footage sound, IIRC).

Just stumbeld over the video in youtube and i´m very impressed!

Keep up the good work!

...and is the a release date?

Yupp, he triggered the radio chatter and the distant battle sounds (not in the mod, combat footage sound, IIRC).

Actully the firing sounds for a distance is true sounds, not triggerd from what ive talked to chammy about, but the radio effects are not apart of his sound pack, just added with windows movie maker or some other tool.

Quote[/b] ]ctully the firing sounds for a distance is true sounds, not triggerd from what ive talked to chammy about, but the radio effects are not apart of his sound pack, just added with windows movie maker or some other tool.

Ahh ok thought it may be to good to be true, looks like we'll have to settle for the fantastic sounds instead, lifes a bitch eh biggrin_o.gif