Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Ehh, maybe so, but my post wasn't some statement of a fact really now was it?

How's about answering the question rather than whatever that was.

How about doing a little research and figuring it out, smart-guy?  Nice attitude, btw.

All sarcasm and ass-holery aside I made the changes wanted (How'd I miss THAT?), so thanks, thanks alot, especially... Oh, right.

(The war for the one up on the guy you don't even know is a bit annoying, y'know)

So why do you bust in new on the scene with the smartass attitude as if someone owes you something?  Be thankful you get any response at all.

On topic:  Love the work here!  Awesome setup and effects.  Will be watching for future developments.

thumbs-up.gif

Edit: OK.  After playing for several hours now, have two constructive things to add.

1- The weapon sounds seem to have only two volume areas, possibly three if you add occlusion: Far away, and medium/close.

The levels don't seem to change from 100m away to the sound of my own weapon going off.  In my limited firing experience - rifle range and hunting in the northern Michigan woods - the difference is quite literally deafening.

2- The M1 engine sound is loud from a great distance.  Just my inexperienced opinion of course.  smile_o.gif

Again, loving the changes, and the harshness of the weapon sounds make me jump. Fantastic work.

I am back and got a pretty nice tan just by playing this exclusive golf course over at my father's place.

30°C in April is like summer several month ahead....

Anyway, thanks for the input and comments.

For the crowd: My mod does not support other versions of ArmA but 1.05 and no AddOns will work, because of the method. I will, if I find the time, change the mod to an addon-style project, so everything should work.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I will, if I find the time, change the mod to an addon-style project, so everything should work.

awesome.

i can't wait.

smile_o.gif

Just wondering how come now that I have it working in mod folders when I start the game in editor just to test all my other addons and mods arnt there, I think its cause of the data file in the mod folder but is there anyway to get them all working together? sad_o.gif

Without help, I won't continue on the project. I did not play ArmA for weeks now and don't want to waste my time on a dying legend. If the tools are not released in May and nobody is able to help me with the work, say goodbye to Modern Warfare, all the stuff will go to Sickboy, who may have better use of my work.

I am not upset, but everytime I start working on a project for a multiplayer game or mode, it reminds me of my utopic goals which won't be realized in any out-of-the-box-game. Modifing the game to my liking is one thing, but playing online is another... I never played much over the internet and probably never will. I am a loner and therefore I do play singleplayer games. Modding those parts is quite easy, sometimes everything needed is tweaking some values to get another gameplay aspect polished out.

But I'd like to change the mod to act as an AddOn, so everybody can use their favourite AddOns with ModWar. However, without some helping hand and the US release / european patch released, I won't start.

dammit why hasen't anyone come forward after so long.

state exactly what skills u need to bring your mod to the level again.

yea I'm gonna be sad to see this go... the sound only was almost perfect notworthy.gif

It would be a shame to lose this mod. Id like to add that the sound mod is excellent.

Lets hope you find some help soon.

Steven.

This post just to highlight the great quality of your work. I especially do like the removal of stupid tracers, neat sounds and my personal favourite, the new ironsight without zoom  wink_o.gif

The only drawback of this config mod is exactly what you said, the fact you can't mix it with the rest of addons and game's future versions.

Once this resolved, I'll be the happiest man on earth.

May God bring you some  help.gif

But I'd like to change the mod to act as an AddOn, so everybody can use their favourite AddOns with ModWar.

i'd love to help if i was competent enough.

but here's a suggestion...

how about asking a current modding team (eg. FDF, Mapfact) for assistance in this area, as they have theirs working that way.

of course i am not suggesting you change your sounds, as they are almost perfect, but it may help in the areas you need.

smile_o.gif

I already asked several ppl...but to no avail. So either they don't want to help or don't care...

Heres adding to the prayers that you get the help this mod deserves. If I had any scripting skills I would be first in line. I wont play ARMA without your sound mod.

The problem usually is that the ppl with skills are already setup into projects, either of their own or of mod-groups etc. This is I think one of the main concerns.

Then another one is that everyone has different preferences, so first of all there must be a person with free time and will to work found, and 2nd of all, this person must like the project he is going to work on, otherwise he won't be working on it with pleasure smile_o.gif

For the Sound-only Mod, you could go FDF SoundMod style, their config is simple, basic and easy readable and shows how you can make it as Addon.

The more advanced changes that are made are highly likely that they can be done in the same manner, but this needs to be tested etc.

Hello ThePredator,

thanks for your mods, it is very impressing.

where could i find you test mission like "

Task Force 345" please?

cheers,

Jan

Ah, sorry pal, forgot about your PM.

You can find this mission on some servers, like "American S3X Dedicated" (3=e, just in case some mod feels offended again).

I don't have it on a webspace at the moment.

Predator! Don't give up matey!!

I wish I knew sommat about the game/modding but I am pretty crap when it comes to that sort of stuff.

For the record whenever I fire up ARMA it is with your weapon and sound mod - I've tried the other sound mods out there but quite frankly there is nothing that can touch your work.

It would be a pisser if you left it now - a real shame!

Keep your pecker up mate!

Skimbo

I was reading the beginning pages and skipped ahead a bunch, so if this had already been cleared up forgive me. Suppressed weapons should have the same damage properties as any of the other weapons. Suppressors do not effect the damage of the round on target. They only reduce the sound by containing the emission of gas from the operation as well as reducing the speed of the round.

More modern suppressors being employed by special operations groups are creating virtually 0 report weapon operation. No flash, no sound (Except the action and impact). The technology is currently there, and being used, but I can't give you specifics.

If there's any way I can help you with this, let me know. I'm just a PM away.

I was reading the beginning pages and skipped ahead a bunch, so if this had already been cleared up forgive me. Suppressed weapons should have the same damage properties as any of the other weapons. Suppressors do not effect the damage of the round on target. They only reduce the sound by containing the emission of gas from the operation as well as reducing the speed of the round.

More modern suppressors being employed by special operations groups are creating virtually 0 report weapon operation. No flash, no sound (Except the action and impact). The technology is currently there, and being used, but I can't give you specifics.

If there's any way I can help you with this, let me know. I'm just a PM away.

The magazines for the supressed m4 contain rounds that have less powerful charges. They still travel supersonic, according to the game's engine, but they're not as fast and do less damage. That's why that is like that. You can use regular magazines in there too, but they give the ai more information as to your whereabouts when you fire them.

I dont think they should be supersonic, because that defeats the whole point of using a supressor in the first place. Other than hiding flash on some i guess.

I dont think they should be supersonic, because that defeats the whole point of using a supressor in the first place. Other than hiding flash on some i guess.

Well, yeah, that, and reducing the report of the gasses popping out of the end of the barrel... the primary sound that the weapon makes.

The silencer he is talking about is manufactured by Brügger & Thormet and is currently in use with the HK MP7.

It works like a extended barrel. It makes the weapon more accurate and speeds up the bullet.

It reduces the sound signature more than 40db but doesn't kill the supersonic crack.

Hi can anyone help with this problem. I get an error something along the lines of 'cannot create vertex shader' when trying to start arma 1.04 with the sound only mod.