Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Hey Pred, I've been having issues with my SU-34 and im pretty confident I have the cause narrowed down to your sound-only mod. Currently using the latest version, whenever I run ArmA with the mod loaded I cannot pilot SU-34's. All I get when I board the pilot seat is a white screen with the little aiming dot at the bottom. I see no sky, ground, trees, cockpit, nada. Gunner seat works perfectly. I tried loading ArmA without it loaded and voila, fixed. This is the errors I get whenever I load a mission containing a SU-34. Any idea what the issue might be here? Thanks.

class 'bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Su34B/ViewPilot/' is not defined ('initAngleY' accessed)

class 'bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Su34B/Damage/' is not defined ('tex' accessed)

The sound-only mod is not for version 1.05. That's why you get those error messages.

The sound-only mod is not for version 1.05. That's why you get those error messages.

Copy/pasting what I wrote in my other post about the topic. Since I am not familiar with addons and all that, is there an issue if the new pbo file I have made is smaller?

Resolved the problem by some common sense and tinkering around the cfg files.

Here is what was written in CfgVehicles_Air inside the Dta\Bin.pbo that came with the ModWarSound addon.

Quote ]

class Su34B : Su34 {

displayName = "$STR_DN_Su34B";

model = "\ca\air3\su34\su34b.p3d";

class Reflectors {};

class ViewPilot; // External class reference

class Damage; // External class reference

class Turrets {

class MainTurret : NewTurret {

body = "";

gun = "";

commanding = -1;

memoryPointsGetInGunner = "pos gunner";

memoryPointsGetInGunnerDir = "pos gunner dir";

weapons[] = {"Ch29Launcher", "S8Launcher", "GSh301"};

magazines[] = {"180Rnd_30mm_GSh301", "4Rnd_Ch29", "40Rnd_S8T"};

castGunnerShadow = true;

viewGunnerShadow = true;

gunnerAction = "Su34_Gunner";

gunnerInAction = "Su34_Gunner";

I have compared it to the default values of the SU-34 and filled in the missing fields. It ended up as this.

Quote[/b] ]

class Su34B : Su34 {

displayName = "$STR_DN_Su34B";

model = "\ca\air3\su34\su34b.p3d";

class Reflectors {};

// internal camera viewing limitations

class ViewPilot : ViewPilot {

initFov = 0.8;

minFov = 0.3;

maxFov = 1.2;

initAngleX = 0;

minAngleX = -40;

maxAngleX = 85;

initAngleY = 0;

minAngleY = -90;

maxAngleY = 90;

};

class Damage {

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_01.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_01.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_01_destruct.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_02.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_02.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_02_destruct.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_interier.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_interier.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_interier_destruct.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_int_special.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_int_special.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_int_special_destruct.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_wheels.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_wheels.rvmat", "ca\air3\su34\data\Su34_wheels_destruct.rvmat"};

};

class Turrets {

class MainTurret : NewTurret {

body = "";

gun = "";

commanding = -1;

memoryPointsGetInGunner = "pos gunner";

memoryPointsGetInGunnerDir = "pos gunner dir";

weapons[] = {"Ch29Launcher", "S8Launcher", "GSh301"};

magazines[] = {"180Rnd_30mm_GSh301", "4Rnd_Ch29", "40Rnd_S8T"};

castGunnerShadow = true;

viewGunnerShadow = true;

gunnerAction = "Su34_Gunner";

gunnerInAction = "Su34_Gunner";

Re-pbo'd the file and now its all working as far as I know. I will do more testing tommorow but im pretty confident that despite the pbo being smaller(better compression?) there wont be a difference.[/b]

Predator, I’ve been using your mod since I first got my hand on Arma and I must say I love it. It has dramatically improved the game for me. Thank you so much.

But since I installed the new beta patch, I’m unable to use this mod anymore. What I did is edited the “startbetapatch.bat†file and added “-mod=beta;@ModWarSound “ to the command line but no luck. As soon as I launch the file I get a message “error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlphaâ€.

The beta patch has really improved my gaming performance wise but I can’t stand the original sound (and I don’t like the FDF soundpack either).

Is there any way to use the mod with the new beta patch?

Thanks

You just need to reverse beta and @ModWarSound, it should look like that: -mod=@ModWarSound;beta .

Dwarden gives the solution right here.

Hey, thanks for the help there but it doesn’t do the trick.

Inverting the commands, therefore using “-mod=@ModWarSound;beta†gets rid of the error message and make the game start right but with the original sound. sad_o.gif

Any other suggestion?

I like your sounds very much but could you please put back the zoom into the game cause when i use my m4's scope i want my eye to be close to it, that's the purpose of the scope innit...

I like your sounds very much but could you please put back the zoom into the game cause when i use my m16's scope i want my eye to be close to it, that's the purpose of the scope innit...

I noticed that happening if I didn't install the mod properly. Make sure you've followed the readme properly; putting the @modwarsound folder in the root of the arma folder, and adding -mod=@ModWarSound to the target of the shortcut.

but how can we re-enable and modify the zoom function our selves? ive been searching but cant find the info huh.gif

please could anyone enlighten me?

ok my bad, I installed the wrong version of your mod which also contained the zoom removal... confused_o.gif

Hey, thanks for the help there but it doesn’t do the trick.

Inverting the commands, therefore using “-mod=@ModWarSound;beta†gets rid of the error message and make the game start right but with the original sound.   sad_o.gif

Any other suggestion?

Hi,

I too am having trouble using the sound only mod with the beta.

Ive tried every combination in the batch file but I just get the default sounds.

Has anybody got a fix for this??

Thanks, Steven.

I have the config&sound mod, and it doesn't work with the beta patch too, I guess it's something config-related. You can't use any addons with it so... Probably when the patch is out we'll be able to play the game with Pred's mod. However, I don't know if the mod's config will be "better" than the patched one or not...Well...Does it even work that way? wink_o.gif

Can someone please email me the @warsoundmod PBO that has had the SU-34 cockpit graphics fixed? I'm having trouble changing mine, or I would do it myself. I would greatly appreciate it!

Sedchew@pacbell.net

A question within all the others.

When I look in my own config.bin (after converting it to cpp), it doesn't contain any of the information about tracers and their level of visibility, nor can I find the general variable for changing deflection of bullets in the .cfg ammo section of the config.cpp..

How in the name of hell do I get to change these variables if they apparantly don't exist outside of this sound and weapon mod?

thanks, if anybody responds.

Thanks. Any ideas on how and or where to change the camera angle when sighting in?

I.E. whats a guy gotta do to make the view not so close to the riflesight when aiming? Y'know, like this mod, only, without the mod.

(I'm not too keen on having the camera quite so, drawn in, to sight, almost like my eye is sat atop the stock queerly forward)

actually the camera is sitting on top of the very end of the stock, and the narrow FOV from the zoom makes it appear close.

Ehh, maybe so, but my post wasn't some statement of a fact really now was it?

How's about answering the question rather than whatever that was.

sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i couldn't find it.

i cannot use any other addons with your (awesome) sound only mod. i am forced to revert back to fdf if i want to. by addons i mean apache, hind etc.

is there a workaround? a fix in the pipeline? anything?

thanks in advance.

we all love your mod, and any fix for this issue would be great.

andy.

well i asked him to merge our mods and he said he prefers his own sounds which was pretty fucked up becuase mine are clearly both higher quality and more realistic.

he did add me to MSN though so maybe he has come to his senses.

Where are yers? I think you posted a link here some place but its not working for me. Can you send me a better link?

Oh and dude, your 2 cents are appreciated but not to where yer clamming on others like that man, it just aint cool. Everyone has their difference in opinion, I'm sure u have some good samples but the modders here go to alot of work, not to get flamed for their work.

How about doing a little research and figuring it out, smart-guy? Nice attitude, btw.

Jesus what a magnitude.

The Pred surely could get far with his knowledge and concepts if he had someone to back him up who's got a deep understanding of the game back to OpFP and real modding and scripting.

All of our community would benefit.

Let the guy rest a bit and enjoy the game...we'll surely hear more from him soon.

I am now another one of your fans, Preddy, thanks!!! smile_o.gif

How about doing a little research and figuring it out, smart-guy? Nice attitude, btw.

All sarcasm and ass-holery aside I made the changes wanted (How'd I miss THAT?), so thanks, thanks alot, especially... Oh, right.

(The war for the one up on the guy you don't even know is a bit annoying, y'know)

When I install the mod, i can't use the zoom with the second button or an another button in the configuration...

Predator is/was on some holiday break, if im not mistaken he will return within the next days.

When I install the mod, i can't use the zoom with the second button or an another button in the configuration...
That's the whole Idea. Suggestion: Do some reading before you download/install something rofl.gif