Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

extraSFX

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>UP! file online & available, thank you for your patience</span>

Maybe you can post info about the addon here ? Right now I really have actually no idea what this addon does or contains. huh.gif

And no, no chance I will download a 20 MB file with my crappy connection just to find out what it is.

Why sounds are so low...or seems that to me.

I try to put them in editor but I heard them only imperceptibility.

Excuse my english

Sounds (SFX) :

-"Radio Accion" (civilian / North Sahrani)

-"Radio Suno" (civilian / South Sahrani)

- Army radio

- House (safe)

- House (danger)

- Tent

Environment background sound :

- presence

- urban

- gunfire

- heavy attack

Well I doubt this would really help huh.gif

The "Read me" is rather a "How to...", since no one can't post a screenshot of a sound crazy_o.gif , you have to try it finally

--

Quote[/b] ]Why sounds are so low...or seems that to me.

(wich ones? "house" I presume)

It's because how works ArmA sound engine. If I had to increase db+ parameter (volume), sure you would hear them more BUT you would hear them aswell far away! (streched distance).

It would be unrealistic to hear a baby crying at the west end of Corazol while you are at the east end.

They are very very nice. Very subtile but that's what a enviroment sound has to be imo. The battlesounds are awsome.

I read your well designed readme and I can't find the sounds in the empty-object or sounds list.

I can find them in the trigger effects tho.

I read your well designed readme and I can't find the sounds in the empty-object or sounds list.
Have you checked the "UNIT" list (on the right) once you selected the proper "EMPTY" - "OBJECTS" or "SOUNDS" ?

If yes, please inform me about the language of your Armed Assault (might be a stringtable/translation bug?)

Sorry, my fault.

I placed the addon in the Arma addons folder by I run it with the wrong shortcut. I couldn't find them in the empty class, but I could see them in the effect triggers.

Some really nice sounds, particularly the air passover, and I agree on the subtlety though I do however think the Building sounds could be louder, (unless theres a way of adjusting the volume manually?) I find they are often overpowered by the ambient already inherent in the area...... those damn crickets!! crazy_o.gif

as someone else stated....

the sounds are very low...

i can barely hear them....

maybe it´s a little better with hardware acceleration turned on.. however, that fucks up all the other sounds and i can hear a car driving on the other side of the island...

and yes... i do have a crappy integrated sound card (AC97 i belive)

Aeon, what soundcard do you use?

and do you have Hardware acceleration turned on in the sound options?

I use a old -but good enough- PCI sound card.

Believe me I tryed my best to amplify SFX without streching their audible range.

Although they could feel louder and discreet... However you could have a comfort game : "playing" (camping or dig-in) near a SFX without the same harassing sounds in your headphone.

-edit

I think Hardware acceleration doesn't affect volume/range, but EAX option does. (need confirm about EAX effect on cfgSFX source)

I find they are often overpowered by the ambient already inherent in the area...... those damn crickets!! crazy_o.gif

I have the same problem (using eax). Very nice sounds, but even the ingame-crickets are like a t72 in comparison to this addon...

Nevertheless : Nice idea! ArmA needs this stuff for good missions!!!

Brilliant.. it makes it sound like there is a war going on.. great for Clan co-ops where they can role play and give info on what they hear. like "oh thats just sparatic fire, C-coy are mounting an attack in Mayo or something" tounge2.gif

I've Just been trying out the sounds again on various setups.

-AC97 onboard sound

-SB Audigy 2 5.1

I tried both with:

-(5.1 surround setup/dual speakers)

-(EAX enabled/disabled)

-(Hardware enabled/disabled)

The differences seem only slight in each case, strangely the main one for me occured with the speaker setup, dual speakers seeming a bit louder than with the 5.1.

The EAX off makes a slight difference, slightly louder (this could be the fact it turns down the other ambient sounds) but hardware doesn't make any difference that I could tell...

I'm still not hearing any sound for the Home Safe/Danger sounds.

The battle sounds are, I think at just the right levels as are the two civil radio stations, the military one could use a boost possibly.

Some things to consider that might affect the volume:

Object muffling (one of the ArmA, touted features)

Soldier positions (Standing/crouched/prone) this seemed to make a difference for me?

I was wondering what setup you used to create these?

I'm not exactly expert in the sound design department, though it is something that intrigues me.

i can't hear the gunfire sound... which is a shame, i cant hear BIS combat ambience either huh.gif

[...]I'm still not hearing any sound for the Home Safe/Danger sounds. [...]

If you stand right on this SFX you should hear it (at least). Did you wait enough ? because those sounds are spaced out with silence.

--

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>setup: Hercules Fortissimo II sound card / headphone Technics / Adobe Audition software

...Electricleash, you should try headphone instead speakers, much better - even for your neighbors</span>

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i can't hear the gunfire sound... which is a shame, i cant hear BIS combat ambience either huh.gif
You can't hear just "extraSFX - gunfire" (but assuming others environment SFX are ok ?)... wow_o.gif weird...

I stand by for further users report about that issue.

-> BIS combat ambience never work even after 1.05 patch, file still missing.

Ha ha... so true... had the police turn up at my door asking if I had reported a break in.... hope it wasn't the random gunfire that alerted the neighbours?! pistols.gifcrazy_o.gif

It is prolly time to get some good quality headphone, all I have is a crappy skype headset!

edit: oh... and for those who wondered, the police turning up was actually unrelated. wink_o.gif

I use a old -but good enough- PCI sound card.

Believe me I tryed my best to amplify SFX without streching their audible range.

Although they could feel louder and discreet... However you could have a comfort game : "playing" (camping or dig-in) near a SFX without the same harassing sounds in your headphone.

-edit

I think Hardware acceleration doesn't affect volume/range, but EAX option does. (need confirm about EAX effect on cfgSFX source)

wow great addon m8 thanks but are u sure about not being able to make the distant battle ambience louder??? it's really quiet...

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>*UP*</span>

(UPDATE v1.1) Download links on the first page

Even after 1.1 the battle (gunfire) is still WAY too quiet, I had to turn my volume all the way up to hear it at a normal volume.

Nice work though thumbs-up.gif