Sign in to follow this  
freddern

International Sahrani Force

If NATO sends a international force to assist in the Sahrani conflict, what sould it be called?

I think it's a good idea to make a poll out of this so that different addon makers can make different units and have the oppertunity to make it a part of this combined force.

(will also make it easier to create realistic scenes and conflicts in missions/campaigns)

Then in the editor we would have under BLUFOR:

*Name we decide*

American   **** Rifleman

American   **** Machinegunner

Brithish     **** Rifleman

Norwegian **** Medic

etc.

**** stands for "Name we decide" (you se my point)

I also have a proposal for the logo they wear on their arm:

SF_Logo.jpg

where **** again stands for "name we decide"

What do you think of my idea?

Sounds a good idea, especially if you make the logo as a flag and a patch that means, when the tools come out, patch could be applied to infantry models using the set texture command.

Great idea smile_o.gif

Just a thought. In the politically correct world of ours I’m not sure a peace keeping force with “SS†in its name would be accepted by the politicians (well OK ArmA is not the real world anyway). Furthermore it seems NATO forces tend to adopt short and easily pronounceable names such as ISAF, KFOR or SFOR. Taking this into account SAFOR is my favourite (short and easy to pronounce by the troops and locals)

SAFOR/UNSAFOR is a nice acronym. Easy to pronounce and to understand.

I vote International Sahrani Security Force.(ISSF)

Don't forget the dutch!! wink_o.gif Because not only the US en the UK do peacekeeping whistle.gif

As proposed above (not really proposed, just mentioned) UNSAFOR shouldn't be, since you're talking about NATO, and UN is UN tounge2.gif

But ISSF sounds like a good acronyn, but security force? Sounds like a company that installs alarms and surveillance (sp?) tounge2.gif

No offence though, the iniative of the project is very good.

Could be useful for the NATOGC, so that certain clans representing some countries, ie, the US, UK, Norway etc etc could be playing with their respective soldiers and equipment.

The logo looks superb, what does the motto say?

With regards

wex

smile_o.gif

Don't forget the dutch!!  wink_o.gif Because not only the US en the UK do   peacekeeping whistle.gif

the us, uk... names were just examples.. wink_o.gif

The logo is taken from the South Sahrani flag.

Ah heck, I voted wrong. Minus one on ISSF and add on to the SAFOR. Good idea btw smile_o.gif

SAFOR sounds great (hehe, a bit like "suffer"), a majority of others are hard to pronounce in briefings wink_o.gif

Our team has been using name IPF or IPFOR (International Peacekeeping Force) in the previous operations, example:

http://arma.si/operations/proud_nomad/

SAFOR sounds great (hehe, a bit like "suffer")

rofl.gif

Another thought : freddern’s arm patch/crest is great not doubt about it, however logically the peace keeping force is supposed to be neutral. Therefore I'm not sure that putting the South Sarahni coat of arms on the patch would be realistic : Imagine KFOR troops wearing shoulder patches with a Serbian or Kosovan flag on it : the best way to anger both parties.

NATO would probably only send in peacekeepers in such a way when the North was defeated and the country united into one, so instead of South Sahrani Security Assistance Force (Wich is way long!­) youd just have SSAF Sahrani Security Assistance Force.

Since SAFOR seems to be the top-pick, I threw together a logo. It uses the map of Sahrani as the main focus point. And then has SAFOR written on the bottom. I was thinking of adding some sort of motto like "Together We Will Unite Sahrani" or something along those lines.

Here's the logo: Logo (Not sure of the image standard so I linked it)

Please excuse the black border, it was necessary to get the SAFOR text align with the circle. Forgot to edit it out ;P

Quote[/b] ]Imagine KFOR troops wearing shoulder patches with a Serbian or Kosovan flag on it : the best way to anger both parties.

Quite right

Suggestions about Logo :

- Maybe get rid of the blue border and put some olive-tree branches or laurels - Symbols of peace for one and victory for the other. This way you still have a visual circle but with a meaning.

- and/or put the Nato Compas-like logo and star behind the sahrani map, so that once again you have a visual circle, while adding meaning

About the motto, something in Latin like "Si vis pacem, para bellum" : If you want peace, prepare for war ?

Logo

The NATO logo didn't work so well when it was added behind the map, so I moved it down so it's easier to see. And it kinda binds the branches together. Adding meaning :P Can't have peace without NATO.

Logo

The NATO logo didn't work so well when it was added behind the map, so I moved it down so it's easier to see. And it kinda binds the branches together. Adding meaning :P Can't have peace without NATO.

That was a GOOD logo. Should we make that the standard **** logo then?

Let's keep the poll open for a little longer, but it seems as SAFOR: Sahrani Force is going off with the victory..

Redid the second one after I took a peek at the KOFOR logo.

Still a large image.

As for the country flags and such, if you make them into a neat little trapes like so: Wiki Commons link

After the country flag, they'd probably fit in nice around the branches or between the branches and the country outline.

Are you shure that doesn't got too much detail in it? Don't get me wrong, it's a great logo but the soldiers are supposed to wear it on their arm and I think much of the detail will be lost and it wont look nice.:(

Maby you should make the writing a bit bigger and have it follow the circle. The star also got a bit lost. I liked the first logo better...  confused_o.gif  

Great work, by the way wink_o.gif

Just a thought. In the politically correct world of ours I’m not sure a peace keeping force with “SS†in its name would be accepted by the politicians

I don't know about that. As an extreme example, in WW2

the first British commando units were officially called

"SS" (for "Special Service")! You can imagine how "popular"

that title was among the men!  Insignia of "signals troop SS Brigade"

Ok, derail over, back to fantasy UN/NATO stuff...