Sign in to follow this  
kaner

just like to say THANK YOU BIS!!!

i just wanna say thanks bis on such an amazing game u have made!

ive been reading the forums lately and all i see is complaints and what not, would u prefer they abandoned us like EA would? no. so if u want to complain about the game rant to yourself dont post it up here saying how BIS suck and arma is crap. theve done an awesome job and there keeping it up with there patches, even if they do come with a few bugs. EA's patches brake A LOT more than they fix and i thank BIS there not like this.

so keep up the good work.

thanks, rocket=KoS=

Totally agree with you mate. It's no wonder why more and more developers are abandoning the PC as a gaming platform and moving over to the consoles. With the consoles you only have to refine your software to work with a very specific hardware configuration, with the PC you have an almost infinite number of hardware configurations so it's only obvious that there's gonna be problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the community shouldn't be vocal about issues regarding obvious flaws and faults within the software, but judging by some of the post I've read recently, some people would benefit from taking a breather and reading over their rants before they hit that new post button.

I'm happy with Arma at the moment, it runs like a dog in places and I know my machine should be pushing it better than it is, but I'm 100% certain that BIS will get this baby running like it should in no time.

i agree on both comments

There are a lot of people here who really try to compare arma with opf pixel for pixel, but that isn't fair. Bis said themselves that arma is based on opf but is a different game with different features.

Its just a matter of getting used to the new and accepting that.

I think arma is very good at the moment and can only get better if ofp is anything to go by.Like many others ive suffered a loss in performance after patching to 1.5 but as has been mentioned before there are many gameplay tweeks that have improved the game aswell.i played my first sp user mission (camp charlie) last night and remembered just how good the community is at providing first class missions and addons.

sorry for repeating myself but the game can only get better and there arent many things in life you can say that about!

(constructive) criticism must be allowed. ArmA is clearly unfinished, and it was a lot worse when it was first released, so be glad you got v1.04 out of the box. v1.05 is a hell of a lot better, though, but the game's not finished yet.

many of the problems in this game have nothing to do with hardware configurations. take the campaign for example. instead of it being an awesome singleplayer experience (like in Flashpoint) it's just a cheap collection of missions. compare the campaign to the 505 exclusive "Blood Sweat and Tears" mission and you'll see what the campaign should really look like. it was sloppy work, plain and simple, to get the game out before christmas.

(constructive) criticism must be allowed. ArmA is clearly unfinished, and it was a lot worse when it was first released, so be glad you got v1.04 out of the box. v1.05 is a hell of a lot better, though, but the game's not finished yet.

many of the problems in this game have nothing to do with hardware configurations. take the campaign for example. instead of it being an awesome singleplayer experience (like in Flashpoint) it's just a cheap collection of missions. compare the campaign to the 505 exclusive "Blood Sweat and Tears" mission and you'll see what the campaign should really look like. it was sloppy work, plain and simple, to get the game out before christmas.

Nobody said different. However this is a 'thank you' thread for those that are actually happy with the game- go figure crazy_o.gif

Everything you've stated has already been voiced ad-nauseum.

Take it from a business owner, constructive criticisms are an absolute necessity for correcting the project development path.  The problem arises when the criticisms are not simply reports but repetative hate mail.  They're noted, and if necesssary, worked on, yet the people fixing the issues keep getting hammered and morale takes a hit (another 'Placebo' might help here).  Then we all lose.  Anyone doing creative work will know it's hard enough when you're gung ho and all is going well.  But when problems sprout, it's a grinding of gears - and when you've got a bunch of nags on your ass non stop...   Well lets just say that a persons desire to forge on gets lowered.  confused_o.gif

Online last night, I noticed that the sunlight was redone (from 1.02)  had the odd pleasure of flying directly into it.  It's absolutely perfectly done!  A multitude of colors just off of a blindingly pure white, exactly as on a bright winters day.  (sry d33dsh33p about the subsequent crash.  My eyes are recovering..) biggrin_o.gif

I played for around 5 hours on a couple of servers.  Had a few missions where there were LOTS of AI.  In one, I counted 5 squads before I even got to the battle, which was a huge combined arms.  There were ~20 players and no lag with mucho action going on.  Nicely done.  Only issue is the lods/textures started to go wonky just as I was getting tired.  Restarted once to clear.  Hope others with issues find workarounds until a fix comes. smile_o.gif

Nobody said different. However this is a 'thank you' thread for those that are actually happy with the game- go figure crazy_o.gif

Everything you've stated has already been voiced ad-nauseum.

you know these kind of shit always makes me wondered that what will these ppl said when it release 1 year later in a "finished" (or so if they like to said) stage confused_o.gif

erm, kaner? is that kaner from WWII Online, member of the 11th hussars? if yes, welcome aboard m8 - i know you smile_o.gif

anyway, i wholeheartedly agree with what you said. these guys are doing a terrific job. let's give them some much needed love: inlove.gif

ok i admit i'm on the lucky side with a game that's running pretty good (and i'm REALLY feeling lucky!wink_o.gif) but i bet things will improve for the other side as well. patience is the key.

also, with a strong community backing the game i can't see much going wrong in the long run. i'm sure BI know that very well.

i look forward to the release of their devtools...

Yeah I remember how many patched EA had to put out just to fix the patches they put out for BF2, just too many winers an babies around.

I too will be thanking BIS. WHEN we get the game here on the N American continent. AZZ last btw. lol Truly lovin the demo tho.

I too will be thanking BIS. WHEN we get the game here on the N American continent. AZZ last btw. lol Truly lovin the demo tho.

If you like the demo (i didnt like it so much) you will love the whole package with the 1.05 improvements alot more inlove.gif .

Got mine from Amazon.uk. Priceless piece of software.

Cant wait for the expantion... thanks BIS for being crazy and greater than ever (you have to be crazy to pull this one off) smile_o.gif .

Take it from a business owner, constructive criticisms are an absolute necessity for correcting the project development path. The problem arises when the criticisms are not simply reports but repetative hate mail. They're noted, and if necesssary, worked on, yet the people fixing the issues keep getting hammered and morale takes a hit (another 'Placebo' might help here). Then we all lose. Anyone doing creative work will know it's hard enough when you're gung ho and all is going well. But when problems sprout, it's a grinding of gears - and when you've got a bunch of nags on your ass non stop... Well lets just say that a persons desire to forge on gets lowered. confused_o.gif

Online last night, I noticed that the sunlight was redone (from 1.02) had the odd pleasure of flying directly into it. It's absolutely perfectly done! A multitude of colors just off of a blindingly pure white, exactly as on a bright winters day. (sry d33dsh33p about the subsequent crash. My eyes are recovering..) biggrin_o.gif

I played for around 5 hours on a couple of servers. Had a few missions where there were LOTS of AI. In one, I counted 5 squads before I even got to the battle, which was a huge combined arms. There were ~20 players and no lag with mucho action going on. Nicely done. Only issue is the lods/textures started to go wonky just as I was getting tired. Restarted once to clear. Hope others with issues find workarounds until a fix comes. smile_o.gif

I was so tired i had to quit after I restarted.

We will be on tonight tho in about 30 mins or so

I don't think people should be lectured for pointing out bugs and errors, i've heard stuff such as 'BI have to work so hard you should appreciate e.t.c.' when someone makes a constructive note of a fault in the game they have made as if BI were starving kids in Africa.

They aren't going to cry or get upset over complaints that point out problems in ArmA so why kiss a$$ by going on about all the hard work they do, they are making a game, that is their own choice they aren't forced into it.

They are doing a good job but no need to suck up, It helps them more to find faults in their game so they can FIX them.

Me too. I love the athmosphere in ArmA. It is great to record short movie clips. But I am a bit dissapointed that there are no commands for sitting on a chair or on the ground (correct me if I am wrong). I grew older and got tired of this shoot here shoot there and try to create realistic civillian situations instead. Please add some more civillian addons with the next patch. smile_o.gif

Right now i'm not playing ArmA because I don't think the game is playable. Mostly sound problems and CTD issues for me. But I do want BIS to know, no matter how upset I am with the game in its current form, I do trust BIS to do the right thing eventually. I do believe people have a right to complain about a game they paid for.

But with that said, I also want to thank BIS for thousands of hours of great fun and immense enjoyment with OFP and I do know Arma will eventually be in that same category. I will support BIS...in time. I own 5 copies of OFP and I dont see Arma being any different. Some people know how much I tried to get my game to work, I spent $$ and time trying to get it to work but to no avail. But I do want the BIS team to know, I am with you guys till the end and you will have my support just because I know you give a damn.

Just wanted to let you know even us whiners still appreciate the effort.

Quote[/b] ] or on the ground (correct me if I am wrong).

Don´t be lazy, check the Biki smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] I grew older and got tired of this shoot here shoot there and try to create realistic civillian situations instead.

You´re just to slow already tounge2.gif

Anyway, I have a mission almost ready with a weird setup, including gang rivalery, a captured soviet officer, TV teams being cheated and a former townboss who is after some revenge.

Maybe you´ll give it a try when it´s ready. SP only for now.

I guess that will shake some of your remaining bones Albert.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, I have a mission almost ready with a weird setup, including gang rivalery, a captured soviet officer, TV teams being cheated and a former townboss who is after some revenge.

Maybe you´ll give it a try when it´s ready. SP only for now.

I guess that will shake some of your remaining bones Albert.

Sounds already like a much of fun to me.

For those who know Balschoiws Missions know what I mean, I've had the pleasure to play many of them both SP and MP. And they was all kicka$$. biggrin_o.gif

Yes Bals, I just got this example-mission for all animations. Quite impressive. Now I know how this guy can sit, but I dont find a chair! tounge2.gif

Just PM me when you need a alpha-tester for your mission, I bet a weirdo like can come up with a lot of crazy ideas! tounge2.gif

Whew.. So many emotions running around these boards it's making me a bit saucy. inlove.gif

Yes, thank you BIS for making another kick ass game that allows us adults to play cool war games with few limitations.

Keep up the great work!  notworthy.gif