Sign in to follow this  
Paco454

105 patch demands softwrap re-License WT

Yeah, I dont like it either. The patches are a mandatory loss of an activation. With many people experiencing difficulties installing or patching the first time, it often takes more than one activation to correctly install or patch ArmA.

Activations:

initial install

All CZ-Sprocket Download versions will need new activations granted for any future patches!

I think I will email them now for new activations, even though I have a working copy now.

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Under these circumstances, I will never buy downloadable versions online again, ever!!!

PACO454

Might be a good idea. After what I've read here and in other forums about the download versions I would never jump on that boat.

I've got my DVD Versions and can install whenever I feel like.

Who's problem is this really? Maruk's? Or the Publishers? I mean, who's decision is it to add allotted slots/reinstalls per user? The developer right? Perhaps just send them an official statement requesting to a lot users one additional reinstall for each patch that comes out.

Meh, what can one do.. I wish I bought the DVD version but I was too impatient... so I bought the Online one.

I bought (as said before) 2 download copies (megaboli and sprocket).

From sprocket I didn't receive any confirmation mail with activation keys, so I mailed them to send it. I got a reply from support@idea-games.com, with the notice that they received my mail. Till now NO mail with an activation key.

I am also out of licences from megaboli. I mailed them on supportvente@metaboli.com , but also here NO answer!

So basicly, I spend 82 euro's for.......nothing!!!! Enjoyed the game for only 2 months........ That's far from the 5 years playing OFP......

Well its weekend what can you expect give them until monday.

Shouldn't have to wait till Monday (or any time after the second you patch the game) to play it.

It's really a pity Steam wasn't used for the online distribution, as you can redownload anything as many times as needed. Oh well.

For the metaboli version I can understand (as it was said in their confirmation mail (3x activation)), but if they say support for 24/7 I expect answer within a day.

For the sprocket version, as soon as you bought the product, you should get a confirmation mail with all details (as they say on their website), but I didn't get any of this. I mailed them after I finished downloading the game, but only receive a mail saying that they received my mail.

I bet they already charged my credit card.

Yeah, maybe they went on vacation for the weekend...

Just spoke with the support hotline at Morphicon and at first they argued about whether I even downloaded the game from them. After finally convincing them that yes, they do sell that game and yes, I did download it from them they told me there is nothing they can do about it and to wait for an email response from them. Which is pretty stupid IMO. If the helpdesk doesn't even know what games they sell and cannot do anything about it, what good will it do to wait for the email response I sent to the support email address that the helpdesk gave me?

The unfortunate thing about this issue is that even though it is the publishers who are responsible for this problem for the most part, down the line it will end up being blamed almost exclusively on BIS, since that is who will be remembered when talking about ArmA rather than the publishers.

Well I will wait a couple of days and go back to playing WoW and if this issue is not resolved to my satisfaction then there is always the legal option since I live in Germany that can pursued against Morphicon due to the way German laws are written. At least if it goes that far I have legal insurance for pursuing it.

In any case I reiterate what I said in an earlier post that I will NEVER buy a game again through this method and NEVER EVER buy any game from Morphicon again.

Doc_69

LoL, you demand a refund.  Nice job with that lol

You had the game for what?  Over 2 months, and NOW you demand  a refund?  

You have no right to demand anything.  The only right you had was to buy or not buy the game.  To late now.  I suggest you wait patiently for a response.  If I was softwrap support, I would wait 2 weeks before giving you another license.  

I know your situation sucks, but maybe you should have thought about it before using sprocket.  Its not like there weren't many warnings.  So its all your fault.

We're getting tired of your piss-poor attitude toward others. All you do is trolling at these forums. Warning level increased.

Next time you post, try to think positive thoughts for a change.

Yup, after the 1.5 patch I'm also stuck with a game I can't play! I think its absolutely rediculous having 3 activations - especially if every patch you install uses one up! Doesn't look like we're gonna be getting any help till next week either sad_o.gif

For the metaboli version I can understand (as it was said in their confirmation mail (3x activation)), but if they say support for 24/7 I expect answer within a day.

For the sprocket version, as soon as you bought the product, you should get a confirmation mail with all details (as they say on their website), but I didn't get any of this. I mailed them after I finished downloading the game, but only receive a mail saying that they received my mail.

I bet they already charged my credit card.

Yeah, maybe they went on vacation for the weekend...

didnt i see you playing on my 1.05 server yesterday?

Hey Jerry,

yes, you did see me play on your v1.05 version last night, BUT that was not MY copy of the game, but from a friend of mine.

Enjoyed the last map btw, till I got shot!

Similar problem over here :

- I bought the game on the Sprocket platform from Idea Games on the 15th of December 2006

- I am unable to reactivate my licence after patching the game to 1.05

- Reinstalling the game doesn't solve the problem.

- Games runs in 1.01 but 1.05 asks me to reconfirms the licence and the process is a failure (Activation failed)

- Trying to activate a new licence is failure aswell.

Why isn't your activation account restored when doing a clean uninstall ?

Waiting for a reply from Softwrap/Idea Games.

Frustrating, all my friends with CD version are playing.

Frustrating, all my friends with CD version are playing.
Quote[/b] ]

My friends are also all playing...... I got two download copies, but both don't work...... banghead.gif

I've got the same problem.  Bought the CZ version back in October, I reinstalled the game when the 1.02 patch came out no problems. I have emailed Softwrap, hopefully I will get a response by Monday.  Lets keep our fingers crossed. help.gif

I would think that the license agreement would allow for as many installations as necessary, as long as you  had the proper Referance code and Identification.   confused_o.gif

I just hope this issue is resolved soon.... banghead.gif

I'm buying the US DVD version when it's released so these problems will be a thing of the past. nener.gif

Yes!!!! Finally I received a mail from Metaboli with a new activation license for 3 more times! biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully I will receive a mail from sprocket as well. confused_o.gif

At least I will be able to play with my own copy.

Yes!!!! Finally I received a mail from Metaboli with a new activation license for 3 more times! biggrin_o.gif

Nice, waiting for mine now...

icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes!!!!  Finally I received a mail from Metaboli with a new activation license for 3 more times! biggrin_o.gif

On a Saturday? Hmmm - no sign of mine yet

Yes!!!!  Finally I received a mail from Metaboli with a new activation license for 3 more times! biggrin_o.gif

On a Saturday? Hmmm - no sign of mine yet

I emailed support@bistudio.com and got a reply today within 4 hours of sending my message. Thanks for the help.

I have just recieved this lovely email from BIS "xxxxxxxx xxxxxx is not a valid licesne holder name. Are you sure you

typed it ok? If yes we need to wai until Monday as I seem not to be

able

to track it down by this name."

i have infact typed it ok because i freakin copied and pasted it from the automatic softwrap email they sent me. And why can you guys not track me down by purch ref? This is seriously retarted >.<

I just got this email:

Quote[/b] ]Dear Sir,

With the licence for your game you have purchased the right to activate the game three times. This limit is to prevent software piracy. In order for us to obtain a new serial number on your behalf please can you explain why you need a new serial number. We are not refusing you a new serial code it is just that we need to supply a reason in order to obtain a new serial number on your behalf.

I just got this email:
Quote[/b] ]Dear Sir,

With the licence for your game you have purchased the right to activate the game three times. This limit is to prevent software piracy. In order for us to obtain a new serial number on your behalf please can you explain why you need a new serial number. We are not refusing you a new serial code it is just that we need to supply a reason in order to obtain a new serial number on your behalf.

wow this system is seriously retarted......NEVER USE THIS METHOD EVER! btw still waiting on reply from BIS/softwrap because they apparently lost their proof that i bought this game/ that im a license holder. Anybody else having this problem?

I emailed i have infact typed it ok because i freakin copied and pasted it from the automatic softwrap email they sent me. And why can you guys not track me down by purch ref? This is seriously retarted >.<

Just a thought, but copy and paste doesn't always work with some keys or passwords and isn't the same as typing wink_o.gif

You have to manualy type the key in, in some cases.

Give it a go?

I feel that Sprocket/softwrap is the worst... I feel as I've been cheated. I paid full price to "Rent" a game... Everytime I re-install, or update the game via a patch I have to "check out" the game again... At least with EA downloader or Steam, I own the game and am free to reinstall the game as many times as I feel or need.

I'm never using Sprocket again!! They should just give each user unlimited licenses. What happens when Sprocket goes out of buisness? None of use will be able to install the game ever again! Wasted money... We can't even re-download the game... What kind of "Download" service is that? EA and Steam allow unlimited downloads... And Steam allows you to make CD and DVD backups after.

I like BIS, but this Sprocket/Softwrap deal is the worst... BAD BAD BAD...