Sign in to follow this  
Paco454

105 patch demands softwrap re-License WT

I just got this email:
Quote[/b] ]Dear Sir,

With the licence for your game you have purchased the right to activate the game three times. This limit is to prevent software piracy. In order for us to obtain a new serial number on your behalf please can you explain why you need a new serial number. We are not refusing you a new serial code it is just that we need to supply a reason in order to obtain a new serial number on your behalf.

I got the same from morphicon/metaboli, I replied that I had reinstalled windows twice and had reinstalled the game once because of various reasons, including trying to improve the performance of the game, they sent me an email back saying "we strongly suggest you get your pc into proper working order"

They gave me another 3 activations but who the hell are they to say how many times I can reinstall windows or uninstall/reinstall a game I have paid for.

I, like many many others, will not be purchasing a sprocket/morphicon title ever again. goodnight.gif

wow, i have never heard of anything so insanely ridiculous, limit the number of times you can install software? installing patches counts against number of installs?

this is OBVIOUSLY a game that was released unfinished and requires quite a few patches

so as well as shafting legit customers, the publishers are also paying for the myopic stupidity of BIS

BIS has done something you can't do in the game:

shoot themselves in the foot

this is what you get for choosing mickey mouse publishers

wow, i have never heard of anything so insanely ridiculous, limit the number of times you can install software?

Well I do know a company in Redmont which seems to do the same whistle.gif

DRM always backfires upon those who have paid.

Long live open source !

Hmmm, got carried away again xmas_o.gif

Monk.

lol suggest that you get your PC in working order that is funniest thing I've ever heard, so utterly pathetic, you should reply back saying I suggest you get your re-activation system and tell BIS to get their game in working order!!!. If they dare say that to me I would demand my money back.

well i just got an email from Maruk and it worked now ^.^. off to play 1.05! however i think we should all start emailing BIS/softwrap/sprocket about changing their system in the future because someday i plan on updating to vista and i will go down to my dad's house for the summer and i would like to play the game on his comp. somewhere inbetween there will be a patch and i would rather not deal with this BS =/

Well I do know a company in Redmont which seems to do the same whistle.gif

DRM always backfires upon those who have paid.

Long live open source !

Hmmm, got carried away again xmas_o.gif

Monk.

That was really funny! Seriously, I had to wait a couple minutes to let the laughter stop before replying. It appears Im one of the lucky few who decided to wait on a DVD to be shipped over seas. I cant even imagine the stress and frustration some of you are going thru. After reading this thread I will try to stay away from any temptations of purchasing downloadable content. DRM is not for me!

when I sent the facts of my card of I deposit I received in the same minute the email confirming to my purchase, and the link for download, now I am with the same problem of varios players to Metabolic does not answer more the and-mails itself entreaty of new sign for acceleration of the game and alone retorma to same message

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. supportvente@metaboli.com

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

Do not try to contact Sprocket guys. Just call your credit card company. They will refund your money. Just explain them the situation. Let them deal with this.

I have the sprocket ver too, and was frightened,when I saw the e-mail saying "U can install the game ONCE on ur another machine"

And the ad I saw somewhere about the sprocket ver. was even more funny "unlimited gameplay, U pay U own the game" lol crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

This is kind of funny. rofl.gif

Whats the longest time someone waited for their activation key, or even a response regarding a serious problem?

Guest Ti0n3r
This is kind of funny. rofl.gif

Yeah, you're trolling again thumbs-up.gif

Hi...I have 1 license left since Ive used my first Morphicon license with my XP laptop.

As Ive updated to Vista with a better graphics card Ive used the second one...

2 days ago I was trying to update to 1.05 and some error about my campaign file has appared and the updated was aborted. The message said I had to reinstall the game from scratch.

As I just have 1 license left, Im downloading again the patch from my squad's Ftp site..

Questions are:

1) Do I need to install the game before try to update it as I had an error installing 1.05?

2) Whats going to happen after use my last license?

Thanks

U probly want to reinstall the game and apply the patch. As far as I know when outta activations, just email morphicon for a new activation

I got a response (from metaboli) basically asking the same - why do I need another serial code?, so I told them straight - because the software is buggy and its not my PC!!. I dont think we should take any cr*p from these amateurs.

pistols.gif

i try not to troll but i need to put it in for these who were whining (now i laugh @ them) about ideas to put ArmA on Steam / GamerGate / TotalGaming ...

why ? well as with these You got unlimited number of installs as long as You keep Your original account with purchased licences ...

this proves that actual approach to limit number of instals is wrong (omg whats that asking why you need another activation, man they don't have machine UID generator ?)

in end reactivating stuff causes tons of overhead on QA depot (increases expenses on salary and QA equip)

Estimado cliente,

Felicitaciones y gracias por haber comprado Armed Assault en modo descarga.

Dispone ahora de una licencia personal por la compra de este juego.

Conserve bien este email, contiene informaciones necesarias para poder instalar o descargar el juego.

Para instalar o reinstalar el juego:

Necesitará el Número de Serie siguiente:

XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX

Importante: Si modifica su ordenador o desea instalar el juego en otro ordenador tendrá que renovar la licencia con el Número de Serie. El Número de Serie es estrictamente personal, no lo transmita a terceros porque le sería imposible reinstalar el juego.

También necesitará la Clave CD o Clave multijugador o Player Key (el término varía según el juego):

XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Dependiendo del juego necesitará usar este clave en el momento de la instalación del juego, antes o después del Número de Serie,o cuado intente jugar en modo multijugador por primera vez.

Para descargar o volver a descargar el juego en el futuro:

Haga clic sobre el(los) enlace(s) siguiente(s):

Fichero n°1 : http://XXXXXXXXXXXX

Fichero n°2 : http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Si necesita descargar varios ficheros, grábelos todos en la misma carpeta de su ordenador antes de empezar la instalación haciendo doble clic en el primer fichero.

Para evitar el fraude sólo puede descargar el juego 3 veces. Si necesita descargarlo más veces, póngase en contacto con el servicio de atención al cliente supportvente@metaboli.com indicando su número de pedido (XXXXX) y el email que utilizó en el momento de la compra del juego.

Si necesita ayuda:

Póngase en contacto con nuestro servicio de atención al cliente: supportvente@metaboli.com.

No se olvide de indicar su número de pedido en el email.

Cordialmente,

El servicio de atención al cliente de Metaboli - MorphiconDE

Detalles de la compra:

-----------------------------------------------------

Número de pedido: XXXX

Fecha: 23/12/06

Cargado en la cuenta de XXXXXX@hotmail.com

Descripción Precio

----------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Armed Assault 42 / EUR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its a shame that ppls cant get the great game works as it should confused_o.gif

I second that !

@ Paco - I feel for you mate, I understand your situation and point of view .. sad_o.gif

Same problem here.

On the plus side, I'm moving to Prague in May, so maybe I should pay these clowns a visit and cram this cr@ppy system up their arses.

same e-mailed softwrap friday still not had reply

banghead.gif

email support at BIS, Maruk was pretty quick on handling this problem and got me my activations within the same day.

adding everybody the and-mails envoys to Metaboli ja arrived to some 30 and-mails and always I receive to same message, I am going to continue it send until receive a constructive answer and the key of acceleration

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. supportvente@metaboli.com

U probly want to reinstall the game and apply the patch. As far as I know when outta activations, just email morphicon for a new activation

Negative. Morphicon is not the correct address if you have the download version.

You need to get in touch with Metaboli, they are responsible for the download version. Morphicon can't help you with Activation problems!

As for Metaboli support not answering:

Looks like they had a problem on Monday, in the meantime it should be okay again.

Quote (^NMG^GeneralAssault @ Mar. 06 2007,00:26)

same e-mailed softwrap friday still not had reply

email support at BIS, Maruk was pretty quick on handling this problem and got me my activations within the same day.

yeah sent e-mail to BIS support see if they can resolve altho it is a problem with softwrap.

wow BIS answered within an hour...nice one

problem resolved

...wonder when or if ever softwrap plan on responding.

Got my activation on Monday. Now I can play again, I am relieved...