Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

Patched ok but now game won't launch citing a Securom error

Quote[/b] ]A required security module cannot be activated.

This program cannot be executed (5023).

mad_o.gif

EU version and patch btw

not too sure how everyone else is finding 1.05 however it seems for me anyway that this versions is more unstable than all previous versions,

i have been trying to test the harrier STOVL systems however i create a mission with waypoints so i can take off fly about and land however just after take off my computer goes down. not too sure why, just like the computer restarts itself. going to try reinstalling first, then addin the patch.

not impressed as of yet.

going to try reinstalling first, then addin the patch.

Probably the best idea I've heard wink_o.gif

Well everything is miles better except for one thing. The grass problem is still there. It still blocks your view, so i have switched it completely off and gained an extra 15 fps more.

Installing atm. Im most excited about getting to play with players from all versions smile_o.gif.

Well everything is miles better except for one thing. The grass problem is still there. It still blocks your view, so i have switched it completely off and gained an extra 15 fps more.

Well, if I'm laying down in wild grass, I EXPECT said grass to at least slightly block my view.

It's not like we're fighting in gardens that get mowed every week, but in untouched fields. At least the nearby grass going down make it playable, without too much issues.

And knowing that now, AI can't see you that much, I don't really see the issue

Well, if I'm laying down in wild grass, I EXPECT said grass to at least slightly block my view.

It's not like we're fighting in gardens that get mowed every week, but in untouched fields. At least the nearby grass going down make it playable, without too much issues.

And knowing that now, AI can't see you that much, I don't really see the issue

Yup, I think tall grass would be called a 'tactical feature' in RL, so IMHO, it's an element to be considered in planning, not a bug to be irritated by. smile_o.gif

i really like the new improvements, makes the game seem much more complete. this is what it should have been like when the cz and german version were released.

however, i did not find that "Blood, Sweat and Tears" mission. do we not get that with the patch? huh.gif

ok i got the patch but i need to ask a few question before i install

would be gad if anyone has pointers.

1 should we remove all folders including @ and user fodlers from pc

(and back up)

if we dont will arma 1.05 try to start up using settings i had for 1.02 and crash the game ?

2 was i right in thinkig the euro patch means its good for the cz version as well ( i know the geography its just i hear the uk and german being called the euro version and not cz)

3 do we need to reinstall the language pbo ,if we have used sickboys ?

yours and thhx in adance

db

i really like the new improvements, makes the game seem much more complete. this is what it should have been like when the cz and german version were released.

however, i did not find that "Blood, Sweat and Tears" mission. do we not get that with the patch? huh.gif

Nope, says so in the wiki changelog. Guess it's a 505 exclusive.

It's just a matter of getting hold of a copy of it's *.pbo file though whistle.gif .

The file I've downloaded from Morphicon mirror is corrupt, I have to download again confused_o.gif

I'd love to be able to give my impressions, but the patch put me one activation code over the limit on my German copy! Now I've gotta wait for them to send me a new one which will probably take days sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] 3 do we need to reinstall the language pbo ,if we have used sickboys ?

I guess so, but if this is the case, its only a matter of copying the files from the Patchwise.Bak folder back into the relevant folders.

Downloading from Gamershell at 100-110 KB/sec and in the meanwhile 12 more minutes to go smile_o.gif

Looking forward to see the changes.

Gj BiS for fixing so many issues thumbs-up.gif

I want to know if the crash to desktop after 5 to 45 minutes of Multiplayer play has been fixed. That made version 1.02 not even playable.

Patched ok but now game won't launch citing a Securom error
Quote[/b] ]A required security module cannot be activated.

This program cannot be executed (5023).

mad_o.gif

EU version and patch btw

Im getting the excat same error... been waiting since mid-day.. and now my install is broken :/

ok i got the patch but i need to ask a few question before i install

would be gad if anyone has pointers.

1 should we remove all folders including @ and user fodlers from pc

(and back up)

if we dont will arma 1.05 try to start up using settings i had for 1.02 and crash the game ?

2 was i right in thinkig the euro patch means its good for the cz version as well ( i know the geography its just i hear the uk and german being called the euro version and not cz)

3 do we need to reinstall the language pbo ,if we have used sickboys ?

yours and thhx in adance

db

1 Better backup your @ folders and copy them back to ArmA directory when you´ve tested vanilla 1.05 and everything´s working.

Note: i had a huge bug-o-rama when i first started ArmA with my @test modfolder included. No weapons showing up on units but firing out of chest crazy_o.gif

edit: it "seems" that Map_Misc.pbo caused this bug...not tried myself yet

2 afaik only "Patch 1.05 (International)" works for the czech version aswell as the german one, all others should use 104->105

3 no need for the language patcher anymore, you can switch language in graphical settings now.

The file I've downloaded from Morphicon mirror is corrupt, I have to download again  confused_o.gif

Second that. Morph's file is about 4.6MB smaller than other ZIP files.

I am really happy with the patch. The A.I. improvements make the game playable (old school opf style notworthy.gif). On the negative side texture issues seem worse*. I trust BIS to iron out the remaining bugs with the next patches. Bu at least the agme is playable.

*Ugly texture bug

So here is my impression:

Knowing that my cpu isn't that potently, i'm satisfied with the new performance: no more lags in the forest, but the cities are too horrible for my P4 530 3ghz :P I don't know why BIS is it listing it to the recommended specs...Especially i like the news SU, which is making much fun, because it is very dynamic and can handle large speeds.

At least there are still some Bugs and missing anims like the "animated" artillery like in this

. But there are still soundbugs like the one, that you hear 3 rounds firing but there is only one left wink_o.gif

I didn't checked the multiplayer but it seems that there has been some imrovements, too rofl.gif

telejunky

I'm in US an got the BIS mirror to work for me (after Morphicons came up corrupted too). I also uninstalled an reinstalled game then just did the patch, worked flawlessly took about 1/2 an hr or just under an I aggree definatly a more comlpete game now GOOD JOB BIS an TY! Defianatly a good thing for the US release in May.An OMG must be 100 ppl creating new maps cant wait to see em!!!!

I have a question regarding the 1.05 patch. I have the UK version (on DVD), which patch should I download? There isn't a UK specific patch. Do I download the Euro 1.04 to 1.05 patch (226 MB)?

Thanks,

deez

The European patch (226) is the right one.

Don't try it now though as every fecker is leeching it! 2 hrs for a 4mb connection for me.

People are mentioning mirrors but I'm not sure. I checked my mirror and there's some ugly bloke looking at me all strangely. crazy_o.gif

Thanks! I'll jump into the fray and see if I can get it now.

Ammo bug still there. I reported it @ Biki in 1.02, and still not fixed.

Get a Cobra, fire all hellfire missiles and try to reload at an ammo truck. Impossible.