Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Where are the Players going

I like this game but i am getting concerned. where are the players going? I remember seeing a few clans from ofp at the start of this game, but i havn't seen them since. Does this mean they gave up already.

Also. I joined early hour 1am to get a game in (job says so) and there was 3 servers running with 4 to 15 guys on it.

This game has been released to Europe now, yes there is bugs like anyother game, but please... where has everybody gone.

I can only speak for our clan.

We are still playing OFP atm as we have no consisten version of the game and we are waiting until the biggest issues are sorted out.

well, having played the reality mods for joint operations and bf2 before, i was shocked because of all the immaturity on the servers and the amount of team killing. i heard that the ofp community was known to be grown up, but what i see on the servers is a different world.  banghead.gif also the netcoding sucks big time when it comes to larger maps with huge numbers of players. our server (16AAB) is constantly crashing or experiencing lag. in jo: reality mod or bf2: project reality i never had those problems. these mods may be simple compared to arma, but at least you can play these mods without getting teamkilled every 3 seconds or without experiencing lag. what annoys me alot is that you hardly find good "advance and secure" style maps. most of the time you will only find coops. while arma certainly offers the best coops i have seen in my life, it still can't compete with real battles against human players.  confused_o.gif it's a shame that the arma community limits itself to coops only, while arma offers all possiblities for a great aas or ctf gaming future.

so to sum up the main reasons why arma online gaming sucks so far:

1) team killing and immaturity (and bis offers no help like instant banning during gaming - i miss wolfratt)

2) netcoding (arma can't compete with the stability of jo's or bf2's netcoding)

3) the bugged german and eastern european releases from november/december deterenced the players in those countries; most have left. (i wonder how many returned the game to the stores?!wink_o.gif

edit:

4) the gap when the uk 1.04 verson was released and the rest of the players were left with their 1.02 version. our clan was split into two groups: the uk release guys and those who had bought the german release (with english patch). we couldn't play with each other becuase of the incompatible versions. that's a no go for clan games.

like i said: it's a shame, because arma could be a great online experience.  huh.gif

ohww, it sounds like a drag but....

when? howmuch?  : http://www.abe.armamods.net/ArmA.Graph.php

Where? :

http://www.abe.armamods.net/ArmA.ServerList.php

Who ?

http://www.abe.armamods.net/ArmA.SquadTracker.php

and if you are looking for me : http://www.abe.armamods.net/ArmA.SquadTracker.php?buddyid=7220

next to that, the game is just introduced.

new, and maybe wrong kinda players will be playing the game...

eventually it will take time to create a solid fanbase, and the best part is, this game will live longer than 1 year smile_o.gif

So cheer up, get that 1.05 patch when its out, and start playing!

-the cup aint half empty, its only half full!!

Members of MugHug's Marauders are split between version 1.02 and 1.04 which has put us on hold here.

Once v1.05 patch comes out we will be on-line most nights.

Imagine with v1.05 we should see things improve and then with ArmA release in US stores, numbers will increase again.

Things will be getting better sonn.

the cup aint half empty, its only half full!!

I hope your right Jerry Springer. ( Jerry, Jerry, Jerry,)

Quote[/b] ]it will take time to create a solid fanbase, and the best part is, this game will live longer than 1 year

One year is nothing. We shall see if it lasts longer than 4 years. Which is just as much as OFP could be regarded as being active online.

The poor performance is a huge turn-off for most people, so they go back to OFP.

Hopefully those issues get sorted out before the US release.

Long time OFP Fan... 5+ years.. I'm slowly pulling away from ArmA... If 1.05 doesn't do it... Im not sure what will.

I know Im waiting for the patch..Right now online play is: Look for a

good game for hour-- play 30 mins--SPC.Puma is loosing connection--get angry look for another game--play 10mins--look at

the time, its 23.00 and I have to go to sleep banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Ofcourse its not like that all the time, If im lucky I can find a good game fast and good 2 hours without crash of any sort.

Quote[/b] ]multiplayer sucks so far. full stop.

Yeah right, too bad I can't see that when I'm having a blast while I shouldn't. I'll never step back to OFP except maybe for nostalgia reasons and ArmA is running much smoother. If you want a comprihensive test, just put 200 AIs on desert island OFP and then same 200 in Rahmadi on ArmA. See which runs better...

Multiplayer is lovely.

Public multiplayer is horrendous. And a large number of the players are waiting on Linux.

The only reason to play online are the co-operative games. CTF and deathmatch are not the strong points of ArmA or OFP either, there are other games for them. Satisfying co-op needs strong team playing and it is impossible on public servers.

Also there aren't any good full game mods yet like FDF or FFUR mod for OFP.

The best way to enjoy a game in MP is to play with people you know, like a clan. If you play with the right people you can have a great time.

Public servers are full of idiots.

=22SAS= Used to play OFP until we felt the community was going no-where and waited until the release of ArmA which we play now!

22 Regiment

smile_o.gif

they're leaving because this game is garbage

If thats how you feel, dont play it or come here to post. I'm loving every second of ArmA. I think people are forgeting how bug ridden ofp was when it came out. BIS managed to get it sorted it out in the end. I have every confidence in BIS.