Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Harrier from 1.05

Looks good.

But, can you hover and make a 360° turn?

MfG Lee

from the change log, not now, but who knows? will be in near future i think

thx Maruk for the update thumbs-up.gif

Wow, incredible work BIS inlove.gif

Now we just need to hope the AI can use it huh.gif

Great work!

I really hope the GPS/mini map is optional though.

Implementing it on a MFD would be even cooler. whistle.gif

Hello!

I really like those feautures about the harrier.

and ofcourse those minimap GPS system! it will be nice for the tiberian genesis mod. arma is now coming along much more perfect, thumbs up and im happy that i have bought it at 30.11.06 xD

Sentry

@ Maruk

How come everytime you come around my london london bridge wanna fall down?

Quote[/b] ]Military vehicles have it and also special force soldiers

If only reality would keep pace with Arma and BIS biggrin_o.gif

Unfortunally not all countries have an explicit budget to spend on GPS for every military vehicle...

Nice, but is that minimap going to be for aircraft only, I really hope so....

BF2'ish minimap = sad_o.gif

Yeap, its not visible until the soldier gets into the vehicle, even though it would be more realistic to have this only veiwable in the cockpit.well..they compained they wanted it and they got it.

Nice landing methods, seems alot more realistic and the controls look like a nice bit to remember, I just rather hope you have to remember it all, would easily scare away the "omg this is too hard to fly" pilots.

I'm ecstatic that I can now live out my True Lies fantasies! Jamie Lee Curtis, here I come!

Awesome, thanks BIS.

I see a V-22 Osprey mod in the future. Not from me, but I imagine someone will jump at it.

@ Maruk

How come everytime you come around my london london bridge wanna fall down?

+1WL for spam.

nice stuff BIs team! smile_o.gif love it that you made one of the biggest fan requests into the game. thumbs-up.gif

Short Take off and Vertical Landings. Looks tricky but fun with a bit of practice. Any idea when the vertical takeoff mode will be implemented? It must've been hard to code.

From the praise camp:

1. Really nifty ST/O and VL capabilities

2. Really cool HUD with flight path marker. Finally we can gauge AoA!

3. Good to see that you added in the 2D GPS equipment similar to the "watch."

From the never-satisfied want-too-much camp:

1. Aww, no vertical takeoff? You promised!

2. Couldn't render the GPS as a 3D glass gauge like the artificial horizon and HSD? Now THAT would be cool.

What Frederf said

"Aww, no vertical takeoff? You promised!"

IN Vbs1 we had a fully working Harrier. With hover and 360 degrees movement.

It has already been done maybe 2 years ago, why not just ask your friends at VBS huh.gif

nice to see the basics hard coded , nice job Bis.

a test from myself here

a basic vtol

nice smile_o.gif

edit: is it my feeling or is it lagging alittle?

I like the MFD, the GPS... sorry but no confused_o.gif .

Im praying here that with the SF it works just like the watch and compus and that there is no way to toggle it on the screen at all times...

I hope that one day (game2) we will have animated actions to use these objects (watch, compus, GPS, etc), i think i read about a <span style='color:blue'>'look at watch'</span> animation at the biki.. *hint*

The harrier landing looks ok, hope it works in MP too this time wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] Im praying here that with the SF it works just like the watch and compus and that there is no way to toggle it on the screen at all times...
Exactly, I have nothing agains a GPS function, HOWEVER it should be implemented realistically, now what is not realistic is a constantly floating GPS device in your field of view(for aircraft I'm okay with it).

As Heatseeker said, make it like the watch and compass simulating you having to pick it up and look at it.

Short Take off and Vertical Landings. Looks tricky but fun with a bit of practice. Any idea when the vertical takeoff mode will be implemented? It must've been hard to code.

From the praise camp:

1. Really nifty ST/O and VL capabilities

2. Really cool HUD with flight path marker. Finally we can gauge AoA!

3. Good to see that you added in the 2D GPS equipment similar to the "watch."

From the never-satisfied want-too-much camp:

1. Aww, no vertical takeoff? You promised!

2. Couldn't render the GPS as a 3D glass gauge like the artificial horizon and HSD? Now THAT would be cool.

Verticle take-off is not possible with a Harrier at full up combat weight.

Certainly not laden with the current loadouts showing in-game.

I am also wondering why they chose GBU's instead of the more conventional CBU's or SNEB rockets?

Quote[/b] ] Im praying here that with the SF it works just like the watch and compus and that there is no way to toggle it on the screen at all times...
Exactly, I have nothing agains a GPS function, HOWEVER it should be implemented realistically, now what is not realistic is a constantly floating GPS device in your field of view(for aircraft I'm okay with it).

As Heatseeker said, make it like the watch and compass simulating you having to pick it up and look at it.

Why are people complaining about problems that don't even exist? crazy_o.gif

The GPS for SF soldiers is already in 1.04, it works just like the watch where you press a button to bring it up. It might be mission specific though, haven't used it much.

Harrier should have watertank for nozzle coolant, real one can only do about 90 seconds of vertical stuff, without water, the nozzles would melt.

Harrier should have watertank for nozzle coolant, real one can only do about 90 seconds of vertical stuff, without water, the nozzles would melt.

The 50 gallon HFR water in a Harrier plays no part in coolant.

The water is used to augment maximum thrust when hovering. The maximum a Harrier can achieve is 107% of thrust without water. With water injection this increases further.

The nozzles wont melt as engine output temp is a constant regardless of hovering.

Why are people complaining about problems that don't even exist? crazy_o.gif

The GPS for SF soldiers is already in 1.04, it works just like the watch where you press a button to bring it up. It might be mission specific though, haven't used it much.

We werent complaining about any problems, just comenting on a feature that wouldnt be apretiated in our opinions (constant gps on screen = nono), you understand the new control setup options?

And i took the liberty of posting a sugestion/idea, thats all...

We werent complaining about any problems, just comenting on a feature that wouldnt be apretiated in our opinions (constant gps on screen = nono), you understand the new control setup options?

And i took the liberty of posting a sugestion/idea, thats all...

Well your suggestion/idea is already there in 1.04, so what's the point? tounge2.gif

The GPS is implemented well for infantry, though in 1.04 you can't control the zoom level and I don't know if 1.05 changed that.

Anyway, you can see it for yourself now that the patch is out.

Well your suggestion/idea is already there in 1.04, so what's the point? tounge2.gif

You have animated actions for using the watch, gps, ect?

Nope, you dont but the anims are there? nener.gif