Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Secret weapon system deliveries...

Breaking news on mapfact.net:

Quote[/b] ]It has been reported that Apache Helicopters have been sighted on Sahrani recently. We've looked into that and can present the following information including leaked photos:

vsnap098.jpg

More pics and information can be found on mapfact.net.

No release date yet. smile_o.gif

Not to be rude but I'm not sure that this is such a good idea, only for the fact that this unit will not look well in Armed Assault when side by side with others. Reason one being well..its texture is out of date, as well as the model.

Aside from that would be the way the apache's textures for that certain unit are, I recall seeing several 512x512 and 256x256 mixed up as well as stretched in many places. Not quite so good for normal maps either, all in all, although its a noble idea, I don't think its a really good one, but the hellfire launch effects look great.

i had some fun with the bis one , but cause it just looked like ofp in arma i sacked it.

video here

I learned as much as i could from granq allouette.

but i think altho nice it was alot of work for a bis ofp model in arma.

on the otherhand ,marco polos helos had such great loadouts in ofp

i hope they will be in arma with new textures. but i could never remember if it was those or someone elses that didnt work in mp ?

Let us wait for release and then we will see. wink_o.gif

Its hard to say, there were many releases though most remakes, some had trouble in MP others didn't, if you could provide an image Deanosbeano or some info on it then I could tell you which it was.

We're almost only testing in MP. So MP functionality shouldn't be any issue with this one. wink_o.gif

As to textures and stuff: I have seen them standing next to ArmA helos. For me it was definitely better then just okay.

And please consider the early stage of ArmA and ArmA editing. Many of us are still learning, researching, experimenting. I pesonally like that very much. In my opinion there's no reason to complain. Every one picks just what he likes, anyway. And knowing there's still enough left for improvements is not the worst prospect, i should think.

No one said the first release of the Apache is the final word on that, though. tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
@ Feb. 27 2007,08:25)]We're almost only testing in MP. So MP functionality shouldn't be any issue with this one. wink_o.gif

As to textures and stuff: I have seen them standing next to ArmA helos. For me it was definitely better then just okay.

And please consider the early stage of ArmA and ArmA editing. Many of us are still learning, researching, experimenting. I pesonally like that very much. In my opinion there's no reason to complain. Every one picks just what he likes, anyway. And knowing there's still enough left for improvements is not the worst prospect, i should think.

No one said the first release of the Apache is the final word on that, though. tounge2.gif

Have you managed to get the gun turret working yet?

If so care to share how?

Great work guys!!!

i'd prefer to have an Apache over a Cobra any day!! thumbs-up.gif

All Infos will come with the Release

We have to translate the readme so stay tuned please.

Solutions will shown in the Biki then too

MCPXXL

Looks really nice smile_o.gif

"Head of investigations" MCPXXL and "Arms dealer" Marco-Polo-IV biggrin_o.gif

...waiting for incoming news!!!

btw. i wonder if mapfact will developing an Special High Altitude Parachute System like GRYPHON?

arent the wingtip rails used for stingers ?

They were never used on the AH-64 series, only in testing. Its a shame that there wasn't more work done to the body, or you could release it as is and call it the YAH-64, closer resemblence, not an insult but it does look more like the midgrounds between early YAH-64 and later YAH-64. More boxlike cockpit that is less round, the EFABS look similar, YAH-64 had the unmovable pylons unlike the AH-64 which is what the BIS model has, and the M230 had much less in the brush guard, leaving it pretty much bare, like the BIS model.

The deliveries finally arrived. More info here. smile_o.gif