Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

excelent norrin

it work , thanks

were could I find infos on keys correspondance ?

R >> case 19:

C >> case ??

Good to hear. smile_o.gif

For the key codes see at the bottom of this page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displaySetEventHandler

and this page here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/User_Interface_Event_Handlers

If these key code allocations don't match the keyboard for your language you can use keyName to find out what the key code is: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/keyName

Norrin,

I think your "Somewhat more realistic AI disabled revive script (ver 0.1 beta)" is the most interesting version of your revive. Why didn't you just release it this way in the first place?

I usually disable your revive scripts in missions or default them to 0 revives. My group, Phoenix Soldiers ( www.phoenixsoldier.com ) normally do not play with respawns of any form, on our No Respawn COOP server. Groups like ours may find your more realistic version of revive more to their liking than your normal version.

Perhaps you can expand on this more realistic beta version.

silent_op

Hi silent,

Unfortunately as you know many people believe that revive and realistic are a contradiction in terms - so I have been reluctant to go down the "realism" path in the past.  After reading the revive thread in the Arma2 forums I realised that many people see reviving dead players as one of the greatest evils ever inflicted on ArmA so I got to thinking what could be done to bridge the difference between the realism crowd and the revive crowd (thanks to Carl Gustaffa I think for pointing me in the right direction).

Initially, I started writing the revive script as an update for PRiMe and toadlife's original OFP revive script as I really enjoyed the fact that if respawn was enabled it forced players to work together if they wanted to keep playing and nothing gave me the rush like wondering whether my team mates would get to me in time.  

I was also limited by my scripting skills as when I started out I knew little more than nothing - the only coding I'd ever done was a Uni subject that I failed miserably (16% final score) but that may have had something to do with the amount of time I used to spend at the pub back then.

Supporting the script has eaten up an enormous amount of my spare time over the last 20 or so months (almost all) what with bug fixes and people asking for help and only recently has the script become stable enough to start taking it in new directions - the bug reports have reached a trickle thankfully but I still get between 3 and 10 requests a week to help people with their implemention.

Anyway if you've got any suggestions please let me know and if I have the time I'll look at implementing them,

norrin

Hey Norrin, first off great scripts. As much as i like realism the revive function in a mission can be a godsend sometimes, especially when we have public playing the missions.

Now my question, im using the latest version in my mission (1.52), when i use the end mission function once all players are dead the mission ends ok but the player spawns on the west_spawn location for a few seconds before it ends. I know its not much but im just anal about my missions looking polished lol.

Anyway wasn't sure if your aware of this, or even if its just me.

Once again, great scripts.

Hey Norrin, first off great scripts.  As much as i like realism the revive function in a mission can be a godsend sometimes, especially when we have public playing the missions.

Now my question, im using the latest version in my mission (1.52), when i use the end mission function once all players are dead the mission ends ok but the player spawns on the west_spawn location for a few seconds before it ends.  I know its not much but im just anal about my missions looking polished lol.

Anyway wasn't sure if your aware of this, or even if its just me.

Once again, great scripts.

Yes I am aware of this and its always been that way.  If you want something a bit fancier eg play an outro when all players are unconscious then just play around with the code in the mission_end.sqf (its in the revive_sqf folder).  Another thing you could try is to add some code like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titlecut [" ","BLACK OUT",10]; to this script so that the screen goes black when all players are dead. I hope this helps.

Cool, if u intended it that way then thats ok biggrin_o.gif I'll try the cutout in combination with disableuser input, see what i can come up with.

Cheers...

Hey Norrin, Just looking at a way to implement the blackout feature. Ive had a look through the scripts and rather that setting an outro as such ive edited trigger_mkr.sqf fo the mission end fuction to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trig_0 setTriggerTimeout [0, 0, 0, false];

obviously this commences the trigger straight away. My quesion is could the line above be modified

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_trig_0 setTriggerStatements ["mission_Over", "titleText [""Mission Failed - all players are unconscious"", ""PLAIN"", 1]", ""];

to black out, when the title text appears? If so could you give me an example.

I'd really appreciate any help, once again thanks for the script.

Hi Norrin,

first off Congratulation to the new AI-Enable script. Works like a dream. thumbs-up.gif

I have a problem, which is already know'n here in this Forum.

Markers and Revive

I have markers on some Enemy AI groups which fill follow them, so you can see on the map, where they currently are.

Everything works good, till you was killed and revived, by someone, after the reviving all markers on the map are gone.

The only markers which still work are the revive markers.

Any idea why??

Hi mate, have you tried Myke's fix in that thread yet? I think he may have posted after you posted here.

I've also got a new AI_enabled script in the works that adds lots of new features, just in the process of testing it, but I've got tied up with a few other things so I'm not sure when it will be released.

Hi Norrin,

well no i din't try this, becouse we have two different problems.

I have this problem with the AI only.

Well but look's like it happends, even if a AI unit from your team which can also Revive ( Revive AI Enable ) was killed, so it not only happend, after the player was killed.

Hmm... I have to try some other things to may get this working.

Hi Norrin,

well no i din't try this, becouse we have two different problems.

I have this problem with the AI only.

Well but look's like it happends, even if a AI unit from your team which can also Revive ( Revive AI Enable ) was killed, so it not only happend, after the player was killed.

Hmm... I have to try some other things to may get this working.

SNK, can you send me your mission to norrin@iinet.net.au and when I get a chance I'll take a look at it. Also just a quick question what happens it you disable the revive script and die and respawn, do the enemy markers stay or do they disappear?

Hey norrin,

well the Problem is, that it's not a mission, where i'm working on.

It's a Group Link AddOn.

Quote[/b] ]

Also just a quick question what happens it you disable the revive script and die and respawn, do the enemy markers stay or do they disappear?

Hmm..  whistle.gif Good point. I will try it.  wink_o.gif

EDIT: Okay i tested it and the markers stay visible!!! tounge2.gif

So this means, that it has something to do with the Revive Script.... crazy_o.gif

I'll PM you a link for the new unreleased version of the script as I wonder whether its got something to do with my using display 46 in the camera script of version 0.3 and this is fixed in the new one. I must warn you though I haven't had a chance to update the implementation notes and there's a lot of new features.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! thumbs-up.gif

The Marker problem is sloved!!!!

I killed myselfe and all my AI units about 20 times just to make sure, that i'm not dreaming. tounge2.gif Cooool!!! Finally!!!

The new Top Down Spectating Cam distance is AWESOME!!!

It's more far away. That's greate! Bevore it always was only 10m above the player or something like this, now you have a much wider field of view.

So far everything works just fine. wink_o.gif

Well i noticed 2 things in the last AI Enable Revive, may there is no workaround for but maybee there is one... Who knows...

1. If you tell the AI units to stop and you get killed, then no AI unit will try to revive you, becouse you told them to stay on their place.

2. If your AI units are in a vehicle and you was killed outside of the vehicle, then they will also do nothing, becouse they are in a vehicle.

But the rest of my tests always works very very good!

And now after a Revive the markers stay visible!! yay.gif That's the best thing what happend this week so far. tounge2.gif

1. If you tell the AI units to stop and you get killed, then no AI unit will try to revive you, becouse you told them to stay on their place.

2. If your AI units are in a vehicle and you was killed outside of the vehicle, then they will also do nothing, becouse they are in a vehicle.

Cool, I'm glad it works smile_o.gif

Yep I know about both of these probs but I keep forgetting to fix them so I'll get to work over the weekend and see what I can come up with.

There's a heap of new stuff in this version: more spawn options such as mobile spawn, have a second AI unit move with the reviver to provide cover, AI will not move until an area is cleared of known enemies, AI throw smoke to cover revive, you can disable AI in the mission briefing without bugs occurring etc etc.  So let me know how you get on as there's sure to be bugs. I'll also try and update the implementation instructions on the week end so you can try some of these new features.

Good luck with it mate, we're all desperate to get our hands on the new GroupLink.

Best wishes,

norrin

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot you can edit the height of the top down camera now, just change _top_view_height in the revive_int.sqf.

Quote[/b] ]

have a second AI unit move with the reviver to provide cover

Just tryed this option!! tounge2.gifinlove.gif Simply Awesome!! It works like a charm and it looks damn cool, how this second unit is covering the reviver. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot you can edit the height of the top down camera now, just change _top_view_height in the revive_int.sqf.

Thank's for the hint i will play around something with it.

That's really one of the best AI Enable versions you made so far.

Big Respect!

woops wrong thread..

anyways im testing out that medic revive, seems interesting and hardcore tounge2.gif

AI_Enabled Revive Update (version 0.51, 3rd October 2008)

You can download it from here: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/Revive_beta/AI_enabled_051b.Intro.zip

Don't forget to check out the readMe (in zip file) as there are a lot of new features including almost all of the AI disabled script options as well as some new ones.

New Features

* AI_Cover - If the AI goto revive option is enabled a second option can also be nebaled which will send a second AI unit to cover the reviver.

* AI_aware - If this option is enabled the AI reviver will not move to revive a player until all known enemy units within 50 metres are killed. NB: this may add a considerable length of time to the time it takes an AI unit to revive.  

* AI_smoke - AI throws smoke, if available, to cover reviving player

* Disable AI in the mission briefing - It is now possible to disable the AI in the mission briefing without causing errors

* AI Dismount vehicles to revive - The AI will dismount Land vehicles if they are the closest units that can revive

* AI Halt command override - The stop order will no longer prevent units from moving to revive

* Base_1_respawn Array - The “Base_1_respawn †array allows you to set whether you would like to give the units the option of respawning at enemy occupied respawn points ie the 50 metre enemy unit radius does not apply.  Each number of the array corresponds to each respawn point. A 0 stops players from respawning at enemy occupied spawns a 1 allows spawning eg. [1,0,0,0] - you can respawn at Base_1 even if enemy units are close by but you cannot spawn at the other bases if occupied by the enemy.

* Queens Gambit Animations

* Top down camera height

* Mobile Spawn

* Choose a respawn point if the revive timer elapses

* Added Anti-Slope (terrain incline) code

* Fixed Mission end function

Once again this has not been tested a great deal in MP so I can't promise you it won't crap out first chance it gets, that being said it does seem to work fine in hybrid single player missions played on a local server.

@Matt - let me know if you've got any suggestions for the medic script mate.

Cheers,

norrin

Hi norrin.

Just a question

Is there a way that a designated unit can revive 3 sides?

I know how to set it so my custom unit can revive somone on the ind and blue side. But I want them to be able to revive ind, blue and civ, all these are friendly and i see there is only 2 options to set friendly sides.

Thanks mate

Is there a way that a designated unit can revive 3 sides?

May be try "CAManBase" as one of your can_be_revived parameters as this class should include west, independent and civilian units.  It'll also include east units as well but as long as they're not doing the revive animation you shouldn't get the option to revive them.

If this doesn't work then without a pretty big recode it ain't going to be easy.

"More realistic" revive update version 0.2

Following a request here's a new version of the realistic revive script with the dying in water code reinserted: http://norrin.org/downloads/Medic_script/Medic_script_02.Intro.rar

To make it work in your missions make sure you have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_water_dialog = 1; //array no.4

in the medic_init.sqf and place a marker on land on your map called "center" - its best to put this somewhere in your area of operations.

Hi Norrin, question for you.

I have a 60 slot mission, I was wondering is there an automated way to populate NORRN_player_units without having to assign individual names to every playable unit?

Hi Norrin, question for you.

I have a 60 slot mission, I was wondering is there an automated way to populate NORRN_player_units without having to assign individual names to every playable unit?

Sure, you can only name the leaders or you just make a trigger where the soldiers are starting and fill the array via list trigger xy. Should work, but maybe better wait for a comment from norrin.