Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

@Norrin:

Good news  biggrin_o.gif I've disabled the mapfact burning and indeed there was no more "explosion-bug". Using AI Disabled 1.49j two players were killed by a kamov while driving a t-72. The tank exploded, the players were killed but there were not thrown out of the revive script.  smile_o.gif

Glad to hear it mate. smile_o.gif

@Vengeance - should be possible - I'll look into it.

How would I make this so that once you are killed you have like 30-60 seconds to be revived only by a medic but if a medic does not get to you in time then you will just die and a respawn script that I already have just kicks in and does the rest from there?

How would I make this so that once you are killed you have like 30-60 seconds to be revived only by a medic but if a medic does not get to you in time then you will just die and a respawn script that I already have just kicks in and does the rest from there?

It should be possible to do it just depends what your respawn script does. We may have to add a couple of lines of code so that it skips some steps in the current version of the revive or we may get a conflict. If you like, PM me your script with a description of how you want the two systems to work and I'll let you know if its possible.

@vengeance, I've now got a draft solution for your respawn buttons mate - I'll send it to you in the morning.

Yesterday, we've encoutered a strange problem with AI Disabled 1.49j. Please have a look at this error message.

This message occured when I connected to the server. During the game we had lots of disconnects & reconnects due to arma crashes. I wasn't the only person who has seen this message.

There is another problem with disconnecting AI Disabled players which had been killed before. Their marker didn't disappear when they left the server.

NORRIN,

Testing went great with Beta Script. Wash Ashore was super fast? Don't know what you did but it works great. Heavy multiple players this weekend. Like the new Map.

Vengeance

Don't know in the latest version, but time ago we see that if the player dies for an high terrain slope, the unconcious player body remains in a place where no one can reach, without dying themselves. Could maybe need a check the wash ashore function too (don't know, just supposing) ? Just in case the player body reach an high slope river.

There is the funcion getterrainslope in warfare that can be useful for that.

Yesterday, we've encoutered a strange problem with AI Disabled 1.49j. Please have a look at this error message.

This message occured when I connected to the server. During the game we had lots of disconnects & reconnects due to arma crashes. I wasn't the only person who has seen this message.

There is another problem with disconnecting AI Disabled players which had been killed before. Their marker didn't disappear when they left the server.

@ legislator - That's been hopefully fixed in the unreleased version 1.50 thats coming out in the next couple of days.  If you're using the QG unconscious animations there may be a problem with disappearing bodies - I'll look into it and get it fixed.

@vengeance - I haven't really touched the wash ashore code but maybe some of the other fixes have had a flow on effect thats made it more efficient.  If you've noticed that the unconscious players are calling out too frequently adjust the call_out option code in the r_killedhandler.sqf to look like this - I've done this in the next version of the code<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//call-out while unconcious

if (_call_out_function == 1 && _d == 0) then {

if (!isNull _unconscious_body) then {

_unconscious_body setVehicleInit "this say (commentsBrian select floor(random 11))";

processInitCommands;

_NORRN_random = 200 + ceil(random 75);

};

};

@alef - thanks for the tip mate I'll look into it.

Norrin,

Yes, i did notice the Call was DESPIRATE crazy_o.gif I assume we need to adjust to 200 in both lines of code 257, 424.

Also WASH ASHORE, definately something is different we are talking at least a 30sec faster search time?

Vengeance

AI_disabled Revive Script 1.50 (12th August 2008)

A new version of the script (1.50e) that uses the new Queens Gambit animations is available from here: http://www.norrin.org/downloa....tro.rar

The no Queens Gambit version (1.50e_noQG) that does not use the new QG animations is available here: http://www.norrin.org/downloa....tro.rar

Changes from previous version

Mobile Spawn

I've updated the dialog code so that the mobile button only appears when its deployed - it will now dynamically update if the player adds or removes the mobile spawn while the player is unconscious.

Choose a respawn point if the revive timer elapses

I've also updated the player choose spawn point dialog if the revive timer elapses.  A map now appears when the player is dead (which you can navigate around using the mouse and the scroll button) and when you choose a respawn point the map centres on the chosen respawn point and you can then press OK or go back if you change your mind.  Thanks to Dr Eyeball, mi2slow & Vienna for dialog configs.

Added Anti-Slope (terrain incline) code

There has been an ongoing bug in the code that occurred if a player died on a slope that could not be reached by other players.  Thanks to suggestion by alef and a function from BIS' Warfare I have now introduced some code that detects whether the player has died on a slope too steep for other players to reach and then finds the closest space that the other players can reach and places the unconscious body there.  The terrain slope differs if the HULK_r_prone dialog is used (it has to be less steep because of what it does) and this is automatically built into the code.

Choice of losing a life if revived

There's one new option in the revive_init.sqf (on line 140) that allows you to specify whether players lose a life when they are revived.

Code:

_NORRN_revive_life = 0; //array no.54

When set to 0 players do not lose a life when they are revived by another player only when they respawn.  When set to 1 it works as normal ie. players lose a life when revived or respawning.

This version also includes numerous other small fixes and code rationalisation.

Please note: If anyone would like to mirror this script you may want to wait a day or two as I'm somewhat notorious for buggy releases.

Hi Norrin, sorry for the delay been on holiday, gave your new version a good workout last weekend with 8 players, no issues to report!.

Very Nice Work wink_o.gif

Been wondering why you were so quiet. Hope you had a great holiday. smile_o.gif

There's only one extra file to add to ver 1.50 if you're interested, which fixes the old all_dead_dialog bug ie. the last player to die does not get the respawn dialog if another player respawns before the black unconscious screen fades. You can get it here

Just copy it over the existing file in your revive_sqf folder.

AI_disabled Revive Version 1.51 (2nd September 2008)

You can get it from here: http://www.norrin.org/downloa....tro.rar

NB: this script can be used with either standard ArmA or Queens Gambit by making a simple change in the revive_init.sqf file (see ReadMe for more details)

Changes

Queens Gambit Animations

You can now specify in the revive_init.sqf file whether you want to use the Queens Gambit unconscious animations just set _NORRN_QG_animation = 1; on line 78 of this file. By default this is set to 0

Top down camera height

There’s now an option to set the top down camera height for the unconscious camera in the revive_init.sqf. Just change line 194 _NORRN_top_view_height = 20; to what ever height you want.

Fixes

Fixed a bug whereby the players dialogs locked up if the player was following in the unconscious camera dies.

Fixed the problem with the buttons allowing you to change views and players in the unconscious camera causing them to stop working.

Notes

My main rig went belly up a couple of days and I’m yet to diagnose the problem – its looking like the motherboard. So I’ve been using my daughters less than optimal Pc to test this script so I hope I haven’t missed any bugs. I’m alos going on holidays for 2 weeks on Friday so its going to be a little while until I’m back in action but please post any bugs you find and I’ll fix them as soon as I can

Thanks

Once again I need to thank MC and the Mapfact team for helping me to find the bugs in this script and then test fixes.

AI_disabled PvP mission

I’ve been working on this test mission for a little while and I’ve taken it about as far as I can by myself. It still in alpha testing but it’s a essentially a three flag zone capture 8vs8 PvP. There’s a twist though as there’s a third non-player faction (the local militia) who will fight both player teams for control of the flags (these guys spawn after a set amount of time so don’t get complacent). This also allows you to play this mission against the AI if there are only a couple of guys on the server.

If anybody’s interested in helping me test this system you can get an alpha version of the mission using vanilla QG units and animations here: http://norrin.org/downloads/Missions/PvP_test_QG3.Porto.pbo

I was planning on using Schnapsdrosel Merc units for the WEST but for the time being I’ve stuck with the WDL and marine units that came with ArmA 1.14

Mission overview:

"War has broken out and the poor inhabitants of Porto find themselves in the thick of it. As it is a strategic stepping stone to the mainland a contingent of local troops has been dispatched to the island in an attempt to prevent it from being over run. Not to be outdone small teams of BLUFOR and OPFOR forces have landed on the island in an attempt to infiltrate and capture the city as a prelude to the landing of a larger force. As the war is in its infancy and the world has yet to take sides both invaders have chosen to deploy irregular units in an effort to maintain plausible deniability in case the invasion turns sour.

ROE: As world opinion rests in the balance under no circumstances are civilians to be harmed.

Additional Information:

Although most of the island's inhabitants remain safe behind locked doors there are, even now, confused civilians roaming the streets."

Here's the map showing the spawn protection zones and flag postions.

map1.jpg

Scoring system:

Team Scoring System - not individual player scores as the mission is based on Team performance not individual - one thing I hated about BF2 was that although there

Capture flag +5 points

Each minute a flag is held +3 points

OPFOR/BLUFOR kill +3 points

Revive team mate +3 points

Kill team mate -10 points

Respawn at base -3 points

Kill Civilian -20 points

Additional Notes

* If you die within a flag capture zone you will respawn at base without losing points

* If you attack an enemy unit within its protected spawn zone you will not get any points for the kill and you will die if you kill or injure the enemy unit.

* You do not receive points for killing RACS units, this is for two reasons it prevents you from hunting down AI to gather points and adding them to the scoring system will increase the burden on the server considerably.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions about scoring, name of the mission or the protected spawn zone sizes etc.

Thanks for the new version biggrin_o.gif But I won't update all my 70+ missions again unless there's a huge bug I'll find.

Btw ... Norrin, have you seen the revive feature in the games convention videos of arma 2? tounge2.gif

Hiho,

I decided to upgrade (again) everything biggrin_o.gif *thanks to Xeno*

Now I'm using AI Disabled 1.51 and I need some help with the tweaking. In previous versions I could apply a dammage value to the fake body of the player. Now I can't find the line in your code anymore. crazy_o.gif I don't want to use _NORRN_revive_damage = 0.0; for that effect because the damage value should have no influence on the players health. Where can I find that line again?

smile_o.gif

I guess it works now that I see that you want to update everything ? smile_o.gif

Xeno

Hiho,

Now I'm using AI Disabled 1.51 and I need some help with the tweaking. In previous versions I could apply a dammage value to the fake body of the player. Now I can't find the line in your code anymore.  crazy_o.gif  I don't want to use _NORRN_revive_damage = 0.0; for that effect because the damage value should have no influence on the players health. Where can I find that line again?

There's two lines of code in the r_killedhandler.sqf that need updating they currently look like this <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setdamage NORRN_revive_damage;

You can find them on lines 253 and 270 of version 1.51

Hi just a quick question-ish?

Have been using an old version for a very long time(long story) biggrin_o.gif

Have now updated to the latest version,have not edited anything yet but when someone is killed a 2nd body/man appears but disappears when player is revived?

Also is the QG anim client side by that i mean,if i have it enabled in the script will it effect players without QG or do they just see the standard anim

Any ideas?

Hi just a quick question-ish?

Have been using an old version for a very long time(long story)  biggrin_o.gif

Have now updated to the latest version,have not edited anything yet but when someone is killed a 2nd body/man appears but disappears when player is revived?

Also is the QG anim client side by that i mean,if i have it enabled in the script will it effect players without QG or do they just see the standard anim

Any ideas?

With the later versions of the script they use a different respawn setting in the description.ext file <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">respawn = "BASE"; so make sure you have this set correctly and also make sure you have a respawn marker on the map eg respawn_west.  If you're still running into probs send me your mission and links to any addons you've used and I'll set it up for you.

As for the unconscious animation unfortunately it is not client sided so if players do'nt have QG and the revive mission uses the QG animation you're going to run into probs as the vanilla players will not see an unconscious unit (it will be just standing there) and they therefore won't be able to revive or drag that unit.

Ah thats great,thanks Norrin!  smile_o.gif

Edit :-

Btw Norrin do i need the 'respawn_west' marker if i dont have respawn turned on?

It's just revive or dead.

Edit 2 :-

Yepp cured it!

Thanks

Is that me or addons using "key binds" like GDTModHDR & S_NVG are no longer working after a revive in a mission using this script?

Hi, using your latest version, AI_disabled Revive Version 1.51, I have problems.

After a while the unconsious stands up and you cant revive him. It happens in every mission I implement it in so I made a very basic test-mission. Can you please take a look at it and see if I did something wrong or if it is a bug? I can email it to you if you want?

Thank you!

edit: After some testing using a very simple mission for 2 players on rahmadi.

I been testing 47, 50 and 51. 50 and 51 bugs out as explained above on a dedicated server, not on a local host.

Also in version 50 and 51 the "targets" for the spectating script seems to be bugged. 2 players (andersson, anderssonAMD) shows as 3. If anderssonAMD dies that person is doubled and the camera is following andersson as default.

choices in the dropdownbox for 50:

anderssonAMD <-- follows anderssonAMD

andersson <-- follows andersson

choices in the dropdownbox for 51:

anderssonAMD <-- follows andersson

andersson <-- follows anderssonAMD

Hi, using your latest version, AI_disabled Revive Version 1.51, I have problems.

After a while the unconsious stands up and you cant revive him. It happens in every mission I implement it in so I made a very basic test-mission. Can you please take a look at it and see if I did something wrong or if it is a bug? I can email it to you if you want?

There are some changes to the parameters in the revive_init.sqf in the later versions and if not set correctly this maybe occurring. Can you please send me your mission and links to any addons to norrin@iprimus.com.au and I'll check the set-up just to make sure thats not the problem. As for the camera bug I've changed this code quite a bit recently so maybe I've introduced a new bug - let me look into it.

Thank you for looking into this. I sent you an email with 3 missions, no addons needed. They are pboed but I think you will have no problems opening them up. The names revive47, revive50 and revive51 tells what version they use. revive47.pbo works as intended.

Remember that the problems occure using a dedicated server, local host works fine. The spectating bug occured on both dedicated and local host.

Is that me or addons using "key binds" like GDTModHDR & S_NVG are no longer working after a revive in a mission using this script?

What version of the revive script are you using mate? As the earlier versions had some problems with the unconscious camera in the revive script over writing display 46, which I notice both your addons use, and stuffing up any key designations given to that display.  At Spooner's suggestion I changed all my display numbering used in my script so the latest version of the revive (1.51) should be OK with both these addons.  If you haven't already, try updating the mission with the latest version (here) of the revive (make sure you take a look at the read me as there could be quite a few new parameters you have to set) and let me know if you still have the same problem.