Sign in to follow this  
norrin

SQF revive script

me hopes norrin is going to incorporate the SLX drag animations ...

---------------------------

@Norrin

Gday mate

tested tonight on =RTY= SERVER  with  respawn delay increased to 4 in all missions

(as suggested)

and the black screen error has not repeated itself

looking good  will continue testing mate ...

best wishes

@ Shark - I was out last night mate and only got about 15 minutes to look at your missions but so far I haven't been able to trigger the bug.  

Is this what happens?

1. player dies,

2. screen goes black,

3. dead players body disappears

4. No unconscious body appears

If this is so then it sounds almost like the unconscious body is not being created and if this occurs it will stop the unconscious camera from triggering.

When it occurred did any errors occur on screen or in the ARmA report?  Did it only occur on a particular part of the island?

Does it occur when using the 1.08 compatible version of the script? - If it is only occurring with 1.47 maybe try extending the respawndelay to 4 in the description.ext as I wonder whether the new global array functionality takes a little bit longer to be sent across the network.

Anyway I'll look into this further when I get the kids in bed tonight - I also want to check out whether revive is compatible with SLX - it would be really cool if I could some how implement the drag animations from this mod.

@Legislator - Can't see anything obvious from waht you've sent me but one thing I am not sure about is in the revive_init.sqf you set:

_NORRN_enemy_side_2 = "RESISTANCE"; //array no.25

and then in your init.sqf you set:

GUER setFriend [EAST,1];

EAST setFriend [GUER,1];

which contradicts the revive_init.sqf setting.

You may also want to check your mission settings in the mission editor and make sure they are consistent with what you've set in both these files.  

If you want to send me the full mission and links to addons it may give me a better idea of whats going wrong.

Norrin,

I also saw this during testing last night. Some players commented that they were at the Marker Respawn_guerrilla others Blank Black Screen, had to exit and rejoin.

I have delay at 4 sec.

Vengeance

Norrin,

I also saw this during testing last night. Some players commented that they were at the Marker Respawn_guerrilla others Blank Black Screen, had to exit and rejoin.

I have delay at 4 sec.

Vengeance

Is this with the revive that uses Xeno's mobile respawn? As if it is there's a good chance that the problems are unrelated. Did the problem occur when the players first died, when they tried to respawn or when the revive timer elapsed? Were they in vehicles when it happened? Were there any errors on screen or in the server log? What server version are you running?

PM me any extra info you've got and send me the latest version of your mission.

Thanks,

norrin

PS: For anybody waiting on mission updates I do apologise but I haven't been able to get near my PC for the last 3 or 4 days - hopefully tonight.

@Norrin

Gday mate

Tested  again last night on =RTY= 112 server  

(co10-Navy Seals .. co10-Counter Intel .. co10-Situation Critical .. co10-Pilot Rescue .. co6-Delta force)

no problems with black screen encountered   biggrin_o.gif

there was one incident in which a couple of players jip as seagulls  ..  think they were  wrongly punished for  quitting  and rejoining  .. only happened one time

looks like the 4 second delay has fixed the problems i was having ..

however i do have all respawn options disabled

I'm having a little trouble with the revive script. the revive script in itself works perfectly, the only problem is using the re spawn at base function. whenever i choose to re spawn instead of being revived i am re spawned at the bottom left corner of the map in the middle of the sea.

I have added the following markers to the mission;

Mission_start

Respawn_west

Center

Boot_hill

(and game logic - server)

and have added the scripts to init.sqf and description.ext and customized the revive.sqf.

i remember reading somewhere there was a reason for being reportedly to the bottom left corner of the map (something to do with removing bodies passably).

Any idea what might be causing this to happen?? i don't understand why i'm respawning at the other end of the map when there is a perfectly valid respawn marker on the map.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Raven

Any idea what might be causing this to happen?? i don't understand why i'm respawning at the other end of the map when there is a perfectly valid respawn marker on the map.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Raven

Raven, probably easiest just to send me your mission to norrin@iprimus.com.au and I'll fix it for you.

Hi Norrin,

I've got a question. Is it possible to create a non-vehicle mobile respawn? I've got a mission where a mobile respawn would be useful. The players have to find their way back to base behind enemy lines - at night, with no map, only equipped with gps and their compass. The vehicle respawn of 1.47 ai disabled revival would make it too easy. The terrain is far too rocky anyway (northwest sahrani mountains + woods).

I thought of only one unit (could be choosen via respawn_init) gets an action menue entry to build up a medic tent and a fire place.

How do like this idea as a further option?

I fixed the problem, somehow deleting the mission markers and re creating them solved the problem. So for in future if anyone finds them self randomly being spawned in the ocean, try re creating ur mission markers related to the spawn script, respawn_X, boot_hill etc etc

Omg Norrin, I'm facing a real problem. In AI Disabled 1.47 all players are transported automatically to the first respawn point. The bad thing is that this spawn point is on an island far away which is occupied by enemy forces. sad_o.gif How can I disable this?

Hi Legislator,

Sorry I've been so quiet but I've been beavering away on the AI_enabled revive. Firstly it shouldn't be hard to use a player as a mobile respawn point rather than a vehicle I just need to switch some code and make some changes to the init line of the unit - I'll look into once I get the updated AI_enabled out of the way and post a fix.

As for the second problem I'm assuming that you mean when the revive timer runs-out you get this problem. If this is the case then by adding an extra spawn point and by changing the settings in the following part of the revive_init.sqf you should be able to finesse where the players respawn.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//Choose what type of respawn option for the revive_timer

//function: 0 = dead or 1 = spawns at base (NORRN_respawn_position = 0)

//or the closest enemy free respawn point to where the player died

//NORRN_respawn_positon = 1) or player's choice of free respawn point

//NORRN_respawn_positon = 2) When using the revive_timer function

//the length of time before the unconscious player is declared dead

//or respawns. Also you have the option of viewing a revive count down

//timer

// ======================================================

_NORRN_revive_timer_type = 1; //array no.31

_NORRN_respawn_position = 1; //array no.32

_NORRN_revive_time_limit = 180; //array no.33

_NORRN_visible_timer = 1; //array no.42

If this is no good you could use revive_timer_type =1 and _respawn_position = 0, place a marker on the map where you want them to respawn when they die (eg. "new_marker") and then change line 595 of the r_killed_handler.sqf from

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> [1, _name] execVM "revive_sqf\respawn_at_base.sqf"; to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _name setpos getMarkerPos "new_marker";

titleText ["You have respawned at position 1", "PLAIN", 0.5];

call compile format ["%1_respawn_at_base = true; publicVariable ""%1_respawn_at_base""", _name];

NORRN_spawn_chosen = true; That way when they die they would respawn there.

Norrin,

I am really glad to hear you are bringing back AI-Enabled, I love that scrip it is actually my favorite just haven't been able to use it. If you need any help just give me a ring, you know how to find me.

Vengeance

As for the second problem I'm assuming that you mean when the revive timer runs-out you get this problem.

I'm afraid not. My problem occurs instantly after mission start. At first the player start where they should be. Some seconds later every player is beamed to respawn point 1 without any reason. crazy_o.gif I think I never noticed this because in 99% of all my missions the first spawn point equals the players start. I'll send you the revive_init.sqf via PN. Maybe there's a bug/wrong setting inside.

I've found a bug using AI Disabled 1.47 Revival:

Click me

There are multiple entries in the action menu after dragging and reviving a player. The entries disappeared when I died and was revived again.

Hiya mate smile_o.gif

I've never seen this myself - was there any special sequence of events that occurred leading up to this double listing of the actions or was it with ArmA 1.14 as I haven't checked it out thoroughly yet?

Now 1.14 is out I'll update the AI_disabled script with a few fixes and optimisations that I've uncovered over the last few weeks as well as some additional changes from xeno and your player unit mobile respawn. I was also hoping to make a small addon pack which included solus' drag animations but unless I can get some help with the config.cpp its going to be a no go I'm afraid.

While I'm doing this I'll hopefully track down this bug. Let me know if it keeps occurring or you have any other info.

As for the new version of the AI_enabled script it needs a little more tweaking and couple of fixes but it shouldn't be too far off.

Hiya mate smile_o.gif

I've never seen this myself - was there any special sequence of events that occurred leading up to this double listing of the actions or was it with ArmA 1.14 as I haven't checked it out thoroughly yet?

I'm asking around and see if I know someone who can help you with the config.cpp issue.

This happened in 1.12 Beta. The truck exploded killing the player. I draged the body a few metres from the burning wreck into cover. I guess I accidently revived him before I dropped the body. I don't think other players started dragging his player as well.

By the way ... have you checked out the TCP animation pack? Maybe this will help you setting up your anim addon.

Is there a way of getting Revive working in Warfare? it would be absolutely awesome if it were possible to have that for LAN play.

@Legis - Thanks for the additional info. smile_o.gif

I tried downloading and looking through the TCP animation pack the moment I saw it was released and although I only know a little about config files its my understanding that he's created a new soldierWB unit that has the new animations built into it whereas I want to be able to run the new animations on stock units without mucking around with each individual unit's config and then repacking the whole lot as a massive addon, but its certainly given me a much better idea about whats needed.

@thy - I have a PvP revive script thats floating around on some missions you can find here and there that might be just the ticket but it desperately needs updating. When I get a chance I'll look into it further.

@Legis - Thanks for the additional info. smile_o.gif

I tried downloading and looking through the TCP animation pack the moment I saw it was released and although I only know a little about config files its my understanding that he's created a new soldierWB unit that has the new animations built into it whereas I want to be able to run the new animations on stock units without mucking around with each individual unit's config and then repacking the whole lot as a massive addon, but its certainly given me a much better idea about whats needed.

There are 2 different download links. One is the animation itself and one is a replacement file. The TCP animation replaces the standard salute and sit-down animation for ALL soldiers, even community addons. I think it's that what you're looking for wink_o.gif The TCP units you mentioned are only examples.

Vengeance has PM'd me to let me know that there may be some compatability problems with the latest patch so anybody using the AI_disabled revive_1.47 and ArmA 1.14 can they please report any issues they may be having with the latest release?

Many thanks,

norrin

@Legislator - Looks like just the ticket smile_o.gif As soon as I'm sure there are no issues or fix the issues with the patch I'll start working on it.

Hi Norrin,

I've started testing the AI enabled version you sent me and I noticed something strange. This message is shown directly after the mission begins (the first seconds when everything is initialized)

Click me, I'm a picture

I'm not finished with testing yet so maybe I can tell you more in the next days. wink_o.gif

Hi Norrin.

I got a report of an issue with 1.47 when we started hosting with 1.14.

Quote from player:

Quote[/b] ]Appears to be a problem with the revive script.

I was dead, and didnt revive but I saw "a second man" who looked just like me who revived after about 5 seconds. He was then shot and I died (note I had NOT revived - I was just sat watching the screen). This went on 12 times even though I only had 10 lives, LOL

Quite odd..... crazy_o.gif

Hi Norrin.

I got a report of an issue with 1.47 when we started hosting with 1.14.

Quote from player:

Quote[/b] ]Appears to be a problem with the revive script.

I was dead, and didnt revive but I saw "a second man" who looked just like me who revived after about 5 seconds.  He was then shot and I died (note I had NOT revived - I was just sat watching the screen).  This went on 12 times even though I only had 10 lives, LOL

Quite odd.....  crazy_o.gif

Yes, I have discovered the same thing, never showed up until 1.14 I have sent NORRIN a mission with the issue.

Vengeance

@legislator, for the test ai_enabled script make sure boot_hill, the mission start point and respawn_west are all at least 200 metres from each other or you'll get that message.  There are also a few problems vengeace has found with the AI_enabled script:

1. if the the group leader leaves the mission then the AI units revert to the server and they are not able to be revived - I've hopefully now fixed this.

2. If you respawn at base you do not respawn with the correct weapons - also fixed.

3. He's also had problems with the in water respawn dialog but I haven't run into that bug yet.

I'm just testing the new version and will send it to you asap.  

@VanhA - it sounds like the player was being killed at the respawn marker (eg. respawn_west) therefore he'd see himself respawning and an unconscious player on the ground, but becuase of the camera activating he wouldn't have control over his unit yet it would be vulnerable to enemy fire - is this possible?  If it is make sure the respawn marker is placed somewhere where the enemy a never likely to be near.

@Vengeance - I've  just PM'd you but so far I haven't been able to replicate the bugs you've seen so I'm not sure why they are occurring yet - sorry mate.

@VanhA - it sounds like the player was being killed at the respawn marker (eg. respawn_west) therefore he'd see himself respawning and an unconscious player on the ground, but becuase of the camera activating he wouldn't have control over his unit yet it would be vulnerable to enemy fire - is this possible? If it is make sure the respawn marker is placed somewhere where the enemy a never likely to be near.

Yup. I just found out that was the case indeed.

I'll move the marker further away and recheck the timers.

One problem with mission is that it's a joint ops mission with both RACS&BLUFOR playable so I'm not sure if it has something to do with it. (Both sides are configured in revive init).

I should think that the marker shift will suffice, ty.