Sign in to follow this  
ebud

EBUD's SF Reskins

Sorry i never got back, when i did look i couldn't find the problem. Then i got bigger problems trying to help fix a problem with one of our servers which just wont seem to be fixed huh.gif

Don't worry about it. I think I fixed them enough so they aren't broken at least. The missions are just demos to have something to test these with right away. They're not "real" missions.

Awesome work !

Not a "simply reskinning", but a very good re-design !

I remember your first steps on Ofp, & i'm glad to see your work here notworthy.gif

Could you post pictures of these units before I go downloading them? Or atleast link the ones in "Parvus's post"

Could you post pictures of these units before I go downloading them? Or atleast link the ones in "Parvus's post"

Good lord, is it that hard to look at the last 2-3 pages in the photo thread? Lol!

Here you go smile_o.gif

page 24 Pics by Parvus

page 25 Pics by aimpoint

page 26 Pics by Parvus

page 27 Pics by Parvus

Just note that Parvus uses the first version in his pics. They have been visually upgraded since he downloaded his version.

These are really nice but am I missing something? Where are the M107 and M16 ACOG units??

Most of the units I've tried in the editor were armed with the M16 w/ACOG, so I don't know how you're not finding them huh.gif

edit

Yep, I messed up and didn't update the actual pbo.

I uploaded the fixed rar version to the suckysucky link on the 1st page.

I removed the mirror links as well.

I'm keeping the rar name the same so it overwrites the old one.

Well, thats why it's called beta testing I guess and another reason i didn't want it posted as "news" anywhere. lol.

I keep getting some kind of error about missing female something rather. It won't let me load any other western units while I have your pbo installed huh.gif . I'll try to post the exact error tomorrow.

I keep getting some kind of error about missing female something rather. It won't let me load any other western units while I have your pbo installed huh.gif . I'll try to post the exact error tomorrow.

That's a very odd error I haven't seen yet. No one else has mentioned it so I'm interested to see what it is. Since I don't have it I can't really say what it could be.

edit: You are updated to 1.05 and do have the extra addons installed correctly?

Excellent work.

Just a small remark on the vehicle class for a single figure. The EBU_soco34 Spec Op (DEMO) - Civilian Clothed is selectable under the category of the CQB units, which apart from that class are all dressed in plain OD fatigues. It would seem to fit better in the category of civilian dressed units.

Regards,

Sander

thanks, that was a copy and paste error smile_o.gif

Like I already said in my email earlier: They are very nice and well done mate.

After downloading the latest version I got all the units in the Editor too. Still I would like to see an automatic rifleman in the next update (if you don't mind). smile_o.gif

Also the medic has no medic sign on his backpack and has no medic icon in the grouplist.

Is t just me or do some of the included preview mishuns just freeze upon completion?

Happened to me with - EBU_2_Des_Defend.Sara.pbo - & - EBU_7_Urbn_Assault.Sara.pbo - so far...

Really like the mishuns because of their simplicity, but the freeze sucks huh.gif

No freeze upon completion here, it just doesn't ends at all.

Also had no briefing because it was saved as "briefing.German.html" and I play with english language.

/smartass on

Always save one briefing as "briefing.html"

/smartass off

What I noticed as I checked the mission in the editor is that there are two "END1" triggers. One with a text saying ""Mission completed." and one with "The reaction force has arrived."

Hey, thats why I usually stick to just making addons and not missions smile_o.gif

I'll try and fix them up as well as a few little things with the textures.

Thanks for at least trying out the missions.

Can someone test this

It's the last update before I post it as final.

DO NOT HOST OR MIRROR THIS ANYWHERE OR POST ANY NEWS ABOUT THIS UNTIL I POST IT AS COMPLETED.

Thanks wink_o.gif I should have done that all along. Next time I'll know better smile_o.gif

Final update before posting in "addons complete"

edits:

Added Automatic Riflemen

Fixed some blood errors

Fixed a few small things in the textures

Edited the missions a little to try and fix the errors reported above and use some of the newer added units.

Thanks for the auto. riflemans smile_o.gif

Downloading right now, how much time I have to find and report bugs or what's your plan to make them final?

Heck, a day or two should do it. Parvus just sent a nice promo pic I was waiting on to release them, but a day or two of final looks at it won't hurt.

Did you do everything? biggrin_o.gif

its really amazing how much has been done texture wise.

New normal maps are something fresh, what tool did you use?

also what hex editor do you recommend?

nice job and cheers for any info wink_o.gif

I checked all the units from the package now, found nothing that really bothers me (and hell I can be picky). smile_o.gif

Tested some of the included missions too, all working fine. Except maybe the first (EBU_1_Des_Assault) which did not end. After checking it in the editor I seen nothing wrong with it. So most probably I just haven't found the last survivor.

Well done Ebud, now looking forward to see one more of Parvus' Artwork. smile_o.gif

Congrats Ebud, really great texturing as usual from you.

Did you do everything? biggrin_o.gif

its really amazing how much has been done texture wise.

New normal maps are something fresh, what tool did you use?

also what hex editor do you recommend?

nice job and cheers for any info wink_o.gif

I didn't do everything as a lot is based on the basic ARMA addons/textures, so at this point it's about 30% my work vs. 70% BIS, so really it's still mostly BIS work in there.

I just used the paa plugin for photoshop that comes with the ARMA tools by Kegetys to edit them. The new normal maps are kinda crappy, but they work. For reskins that won't be used for very long I didn't feel like spending too much time on them.

For hex editing I use UltraEdit or Cygnus.

Nice addon.. Cudo's for that just one thing...

Just cant get it to work keep get this same problem and i also already reinstalled arma to be sure.

First it give's me a no entry:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~emb01/screen/screen1.gif

But than if i place any unit (all units i mean) it gives me:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~emb01/screen/screen2.gif

A no entry ".modelOptic". .. i have no hack and or no other addon thats not's working except this one and it screws up the game. I really like your work and like to add into my missions but it just will not let me play with them ... pls help  help.gif