Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

SciFi Project: UNICON warfares

Nice Add On... I think that Starship troopers (movie and animated series roughnecks) have great sci fi equipments like dropships, rodger yong capital ship, mechs and so on, including good cockpits and interiors.

And please Robby don´t forget about a unemployed Robot B9 from lost in space series biggrin_o.gif

yeah, i know the robot B9. but for the moment, i have stopped the project to create robots, maybe later. wink_o.gif

but i want to create humans with robotic parts. but i need to know if this is possible to create special wounded textures for them. smile_o.gif

thx all, for your encouragements. wink_o.gif

Nice Add On... I think that Starship troopers (movie and animated series roughnecks) have great sci fi equipments like dropships, rodger yong capital ship, mechs and so on, including good cockpits and interiors.

And please Robby don´t forget about a unemployed Robot B9 from lost in space series biggrin_o.gif

yeah, i know the robot B9. but for the moment, i have stopped the project to create robots, maybe later. wink_o.gif

but i want to create humans with robotic parts. but i need to know if this is possible to create special wounded textures for them. smile_o.gif

thx all, for your encouragements.   wink_o.gif

"special wounded textures for then"

something like Terminators movies. Cool notworthy.gif

one other problem is that i don't know how are the soldiers in the new oxygen. i mean cross position or not? this is why i prefer to wait the release of the new tools, because i don't know how to use bones, so i prefer to have an example.

smile_o.gif

Solus allready made a new human model which you can use in the current Oxygen IIRC, the bones and such are set-up correct so you can even create new animations for the original ArmA troops.

in fact i want to create my own models which will fit the story. and i don't want to use BIS ones.

for Arma i just want to create from A to Z. smile_o.gif

the moloch heavy tank close to be finished; these textures are for ofp (so no specular, no normal map), but they will be almost like that for Arma, with a better quality (i hope tounge2.gif ) smile_o.gif

ml1az3.th.jpg

ml2kt0.th.jpg

ml3bg0.th.jpg

ml4ai8.th.jpg

moloch heavy tank; still wip, but with normal and specular maps for the turret and the gun

tkka2.th.jpg

tk1wc1.th.jpg

tk2dx0.th.jpg

tk3iv0.th.jpg

tk4pc7.th.jpg

smile_o.gif

Looking nice! I'm looking forward to this mod - particularly whatever flyers you manage. Gotta love sci-fi aircraft. xmas_o.gif

Keep it up!

Regards,

Wolfrug

thx smile_o.gif i must finsih the textures of the first flying vehicle for ofp, so after ofp, i'm going to make them for Arma. smile_o.gif

i could make a tank like this one, for the ennemies. i don't have any ideas for the UNICON forces for the moment, so suggestions are welcome. wink_o.gif

How many triangles did the high resolution mesh have which you used for making the normal map?

i didn't use a high polys model for these normal maps, because the number of details needed is not huge. smile_o.gif

Well then I ask you, would it be more useful to make a slightly more detailed model with no normal map? As we all know, normal maps are used to create the illusion that the low-poly mesh has as much detail as a one million polygon mesh.

Why waste memory for a normal map you can't even notice?

yeah, but if i want to have all the bolts in the model, that needs a lot of faces, so this is not good.

and with a normal map is really easy to add or remove a detail. and i can't model the metal texture, i mean the little holes, the scratches etc; which are easy to make with a normal map.

and finally; i'm just an hobbyist, i don't want to spend hours and hours to make that, because my girlfriend would kill me.

tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

stopped for a certain time. i don't have any more enough time. i begin new studies.

when I would have succeeded in finding an organization correct of my working time (job+studies). I would work again on these addons. smile_o.gif