Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

SciFi Project: UNICON warfares

Stuff looks really good, but I do agree with Sentry, it looks very tipsy, even maybe expanding the width of the 'combine' like wheels in front/back as well

Very nice stuff tho smile_o.gif

thx mates, for your comments. i wasn't really happy with these wheels. i try to use the same wheel for different vehicles to have less uvmapping to do. i'm maybe too lazy whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

thx mates, for your comments. i wasn't really happy with these wheels. i try to use the same wheel for different vehicles to have less uvmapping to do. i'm maybe too lazy whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I think you can still get away with it. Try making it bigger and wider (about twice the width of the truck). It'll look more stable then.

[Edit: Just read that Special Ed said the same thing. I agree with him. tounge2.gif]

nice render, but you should think of the type of terrain this thing will be able to ride on;

with wheels like that and the height of the truck, I will think it is going to be rocky terrain.

BUT with on side up, the truck will probably lose balance, you can solve this by lowering the truck, wich makes it less unstable but also less capable of moving over rocks.

Maybe have the wheels a bit wider but going up in an angle so that if the trucks tips over the wheels still have contact with the ground, could make up some original style smile_o.gif

Ooh and how will this thing be able to take a corner?

Looks nice man, imho very much like the detailed look to it - good work smile_o.gif

its looking a way better, but im thinking about that "taking corner" too...

maybe this mars vehicle gives you a little try how to do

rover2.png

Sentry

nice render, but you should think of the type of terrain this thing will be able to ride on;

with wheels like that and the height of the truck, I will think it is going to be rocky terrain.

BUT with on side up, the truck will probably lose balance, you can solve this by lowering the truck, wich makes it less unstable but also less capable of moving over rocks.

Maybe have the wheels a bit wider but going up in an angle so that if the trucks tips over the wheels still have contact with the ground, could make up some original style smile_o.gif

Ooh and how will this thing be able to take a corner?

good question banghead.gif damn' i must solve this problem. i know how i could do, i just need to change one piece on the front of the vehicle.

btw, this vehicle should be for a semi-desertic map, with a lot of sand. smile_o.gif

reworked: central wheels removed, the wheel are bigger now, and i added new parts. smile_o.gif

triz0.th.jpg

tr1iw1.th.jpg

oh! now it can take corners. biggrin_o.gif

a way muuuch better. and the looking of it is also much better! great job wink_o.gif

Sentry

this mod is very promising, much better than the normal mods, especially as you will have free will to create what you want and how you want it too look thumbs-up.gif

thx wink_o.gif but at the same time, it's really hard to find ideas. and like for the truck (i'm not an engineer tounge2.gif ), the vehicles can have big errors. whistle.gif

Looks nice. Already said this, but I really like the texture work you do as well on these, rather than them just looking all shiny and high tech, they look much more realistic and well used in the feild. Nice work m8 smile_o.gif

thx smile_o.gif yeah i don't like high tech, and strange futuristic textures. i think, that the armies don't have money to spend on useless things.

because, they need to paint often their vehicles or repair them, too much stuff on them would be a lot of work. and for me that would be also a lot of work whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And to avoid to create a lot of details, the barrels are retained, by magnetic supports smile_o.gif

btw, i changed also the name of the project; now its "UNICON warfare" (UNIversal CONsortium). (it's maybe not the final name sad_o.gif )

those wheels wont grip as well as if you would have the studs a bit more spread out, this would also increase stability and loose less power because it would have to climb less to get over each row of studs. And power saving is very good since you can reduce the weight of the engine and add more cargo. I think you should have something to drive on roads with as well ( that is if they will exist ). You don't wanna drive 100 km/h with those wheels. especially since they looks like they're made out of steel.

http://www.proimp.se/prodim/KENDACROSSDUBB.jpg

this is how the spuds should be placed like IMO

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums....-42.jpg

thx, but this is just imaginative, so if this isn't like the reality, it's not really a problem wink_o.gif

UNICON (east side) hoovered transport:

utrspdo9.th.jpg

Yes but you should try to keep the realistic look. And the wheels will look better whistle.gif

and you will do the uvmapping of the wheel, with all the spuds whistle.gif

in fact it's too long to make the uvmapping of the wheel, now it is done; i just don't want to make that, one time again tounge2.gif for the next wheel (a jeep) i would do like you wink_o.gif

and then you can use that wheel and replace the truck wheels yay.gif

Nice lookin man, a neat concept on that troop transport.

Assuming then the door can swing open/shut upon landing taking off?

Quote[/b] ] Assuming then the door can swing open/shut upon landing taking off?

yeah of course. if the arma engine can open 2 doors at the same time; that would be excellent. but if the engine can't do that, only the big door will be openable smile_o.gif

yeah, maybe whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

utrsptr8.th.jpg

how does it work? Not that you need to work it out 100% but just so it's a bit realistic. like where is the engines and the things that makes it hover?

yeah I'm a prick ain't I thumbs-up.gif ?