Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

How does the UK version run

So is there a big performance boost compared to the demo, or 1.02 for that matter? No one has really answered the question. icon_rolleyes.gif

Early indications are quite good. The game looks more finished.

It installs quicker, switches between map and view are nearly instantaneous. Overall FPS performance is better.

I was a vocal critic of 1.02. I'm pleased to say much has improved.

I've not yet tested to see if the AI helo pilots are not the complete nobbers they were in 1.02, but when I do, I'll report back.

to really fix the AI, you have to connect a human brain to your computer tounge2.gif

I'm sorry to report AI pilots are indeed still complete nobbers. In 1.02 and now 1.04, I've watched an AI pilot scorn a nice open forest clearing and land in the trees.

Also, during straight and level flight, the nose of the aircraft bobs up and down constantly, just like the early versions.

Please give us more feedback about v1.04 AI versus v1.02.

AI is  a very weak area for v1.02 to me :

- very bad pathfinding, especially for AI driven vehicles

- infantry: suicidal rushing into enemy when engaging

- no substantial use of cover

- AI units sometimes stuck into obstacles

- helis AI not engaging infantry

- AI units sometimes refusing to board vehicles

Are there ANY remarkable improvements in such areas ?

havent played 1.02, but the AI pathfinding in vehicles in 1.04 is pretty poor: they drive at 3mph because they constantly zig zag left and right off the road so they cannot build up their speed. Not good, but this will surely be fixed soon.

Quote[/b] ]havent played 1.02, but the AI pathfinding in vehicles in 1.04 is pretty poor: they drive at 3mph because they constantly zig zag left and right off the road so they cannot build up their speed. Not good, but this will surely be fixed soon.

Sad. I hope it will be fixed soon ... but it's about 2 months we are waiting now ...

shadow posted :-

soon,very soon(may)

i just hope that is some very sick joke! wink_o.gif

I had 1.02 and now have 1.04.

AI pathfinding, to me, looks better than before.

I can actually send my AI across bridges and most of the time they get across (5 out of 6 attempts). The one time it didnt make it was when I started a couple of hundred meters from the bridge. The ai clipped the bridge and went underneath it. After some messing around under the bridge, the AI finally got it up the other side (well it would have if the slope wasnt so steep).

Missions arent ending properly though. In the armoured single player mission it STILL wont complete - even though I cant see any 'live' enemy tanks, men etc.

Does anyone know a way to force completion on single missions - I know there is a key combination you can use in the campaign, but it doesnt work with single missions. banghead.gif

I'll add more info as I play it.

#C

Looks ok to me, though I wasnt having any problems before (well since I got an ATI x1950 Pro) - that and I dont run the game at silly resolutions or stoopidly long view distances.

I will try ArmA mark again and see what difference there is.

#C

On the box, it says the game should run on a 9500 and it should be "playable" at its lowest settings.

I doubt anyone can run this game at that setting and have it be "playable". Why must BIS lie like that? Even with a 9800 with everything on low, the game is partial playable, yet it meets the minimum requirements. So why write that on the box then?

hi, my set up is

core2duo e6600 2.4Ghz

8800gtx

2Gb corsair ram

evga 680i motherboard.

i find the performance terrible i can only play the game on default settings if i set everything to max it turns into a slideshow near building or trees. is anybody else having the same problems with the 8800 series. does the game support dual core processors? maybe i need to overclock my processor?

albo

I am playing ArmA with out having too many problems. Deffinatly not like those posted earlier in this thread. But if I could stay alive longer then I might biggrin_o.gif

Hi all

Simple answer way better especialy in MP with the new 1.04 dedicated servers smile_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker

hi, my set up is

core2duo e6600 2.4Ghz

8800gtx

2Gb corsair ram

evga 680i motherboard.

i find the performance terrible i can only play the game on default settings if i set everything to max it turns into a slideshow near building or trees. is anybody else having the same problems with the 8800 series. does the game support dual core processors? maybe i need to overclock my processor?

albo

What operating system are you running? If it's Vista, I've heard there are a lot of performance problems relating to Vista.

My system isn't as good as yours but I can still run the game on medium-high settings and my framerate is generally higher than 30fps. (Version DE 1.02) You should definitely force VSync to Off in the nVidia control panel. It helps a hell of a lot.

Can't wait for the next patch.

@Luciano: As some people have already pointed out, most of your posts here are rather disruptive and aren't getting anyone anywhere. I just took the time to check your most recent 25 posts - only 5 of those didn't contain either BIS-bashing, ArmA-bashing, flaming or a combination of all three. I would suggest, if you're not planning on contributing anything sensible, find a different forum to play around.

im running windows xp. i turned the vsync off, it made a little difference but as soon as i go near lots of trees or building it just slows right down, i am wondering if its an issue with the 8800gtx drivers. because this is the only game that i have had any slow down with since i bought the 8800gtx. maybe a patch or new drivers released from nvidia might improve performance.

albo

P4 3.2 HT, 9800XT, 1gig dual pair 3200, Audigy 2 ZS.

1024x768, all low detail, except terrain and shader detail @ very low.

I average maybe 35fps? It varies greatly. Open fields I get 60, stand inside a tree with the foliage up against your face and I get 20. First mission in the campaign riding in the Humvee I get 25. 25-30 in a city. I hate the mouse lag at times.

dual core isn't supported.

If you say it like that it looks like the game doesnt work on Dual Cores.

The game runs fine (and a bit better in some cases) on Dual cores, but the game itself doesnt take advantage of the second core, videocard drivers do.

Albo..

Have you applied the M$ Dual Core patch?

Dont run Vista - ever! ;-)

What resolution are you trying to run the game at?

AA on or off?

#C

no i dont think i have the dual core patch. i was running it at 1600x1200 that resolution seems to work best. i have had AA at normal and high.