Sign in to follow this  
txalin

BF2 - Realitymod v 0.5

I bet that this mod being a mod will have twice as many players as ARMA even when ARMA hits the UK market.

Oh, and I also bet they know how to simulate hariers better than what you see in ARMA.

I bet it will be bullshit compared to any quality OFP mod.

Not really.

Don't underastimate the modders of other games. Think this:What mods have YOU done? Are they good or "bullshit"?Do you like someone to call your mod a bullshit?

They did it without getting payed or anything and they even got a silver award at moddb.com.

I won't play it cause I don't have battlefield 2 but it is very interesting.

I bet it will be bullshit compared to any quality OFP mod.

it will do. And it can be do. Just take a look to the mod, search in youtube for some vids, then you can judge by yourself.

Guest Ti0n3r

Will try it out, just have to free some HDD space.

and to the people who complain about this mod only cause it's a BF2 mod; get a life -_-

different game, different style, did it really worth anything to set a fire upon it, no i guess, currently the style of BF(and reality mod) isnt the one that float my boat(which i like the OFP/ArmA style huge MP COOP map/w good mission design better)

but its just the matter of taste! get a life ppl and for all our sakes stop barking and make yourself look stupid

different game, different style, did it really worth anything to set a fire upon it, no i guess, currently the style of BF(and reality mod) isnt the one that float my boat(which i like the OFP/ArmA style huge map good mission design better)

but its just the matter of taste! get a life ppl and for all our sakes stop barking and make yourself look stupid

Obviously, we can't expect something like ArmA/OFP, is a different style, small/medium city/jungle maps for a really good urban combats with some vehicles, just that, but with very realistic and funny gameplay.

It have also some better things than ArmA/OFP, like the modified squad system, that improves the coordinate gameplay. While playing ArmA in coop i found that quite often the players do not follow the teamleaders orders...

Note: They have also some "large" maps if you compare it with the size of the original bf2 maps.

Anyway, if you have the original bf2, i recommend you to taste this mod by yourself wink_o.gif

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disrespect the makers of the mod, I'm sure it greatly enhances BF2 gameplay. I was just pissed off at the unconstructive comments by Luciano and thought it would be a funny thing to say my uncensored opinion to balance things up.

At least my comment will be proven right.

And I'm sorry If my comment was disrespecting anyone, I was just pissed at the blind asskissing of ARMA and BIS.

Well, I don't like the way ArmA is turning out to be either but your comments were useless none the less, there's enough ArmA-bashing in the ArmA-part of the forums. If you think like you say then wtf you doing here anyway, trolling is just as useless as the asskissing.

And who gives a crap if BF2 has a billion players. It's quality, not quantity what matters if you are looking for a good online gaming experience.

we dont know anything about how good or bad would Arma be when it hits uk market with the newest built, so there's still no "right or wrong" that you could prove

I will definitely check out this update.

This mod is great and has nothing to do with the arcade style gameplay of BF2. I bet that if a lot of BF2 haters would play this mod they would actually love it.

Bah I downloaded the previous Reality Mod version, in all its 1gb glory, only to find that it was only for MP sad_o.gif

Looks really impressive and I'm jealous now sad_o.gif

Been quite a while since I played BF2.  Gave it a go and eventually was phased out by once again more OFP.  

I tried the "new" BF 21..something demo but it just did't do anything for me.  

Anywho...do many people still play the original BF2?  I thought the addons would have more people now, but maybe EA overestimated that.

confused_o.gif I think I gave my disk away.....

I still fire up BF2 when I want some more lighthearted gaming and it's still reasonably enjoyable, but it has F.E.A.R, SWAT 4 and Rainbow Six: Lockdown to compete with for my precious non-OFP/ArmA time.

BTW, Project Reality 0.5 is now released.

Link

Take a look to this vids:

Player guida for v0.5

I have no idea what the gameplay of this mod could be considering the arcade feeling of the original game it is built on, but the promo video for this is really awesome, if you cut down the sound of the "music".

I have no idea what the gameplay of this mod could be considering the arcade feeling of the original game it is built on, but the promo video for this is really awesome, if you cut down the sound of the "music".

That trailer beats most 'professional' game trailers, really nice work! smile_o.gif

Still i wonder how the actual gameplay is, its still mostly up to the players on how realistic the mod is.. confused_o.gif

Impressive promo video.

I concur with ofpforum, one of the reasons I was not a big fan of BF2 was the players themselves. Always felt too much like a spaztastic free for all, lacking any degree of teamwork. (Mostly on pub servers of course.)

Although with the right people and well made mission concepts, that looks like it has potential for a good time.

Damn it tho, I did give my BF2 disk away confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I concur with ofpforum, one of the reasons I was not a big fan of BF2 was the players themselves. Always felt too much like a spaztastic free for all, lacking any degree of teamwork. (Mostly on pub servers of course.)

Then you have to try this mod, people use use to play very coordinate wink_o.gif

More populated servers than in ARMA for sure.  

Expect at least 200 people at any given time.

true, enough players on enough servers.

I downloaded it, gave it a try and maybe its because I was lucky but I had a blast.

Good teamwork, better then Ive ever seen on public servers in a long time. This and the actual gameplay of the mod made it a pretty immersive experience. Felt a bit like OFP did the first couple of times I played it on SHOP back in the good oll days.

Again, I might have been lucky but it looks like this modders pulled something off here.

@ Feb. 12 2007,23:34)]true, enough players on enough servers.

I downloaded it, gave it a try and maybe its because I was lucky but I had a blast.

Good teamwork, better then Ive ever seen on public servers in a long time. This and the actual gameplay of the mod made it a pretty immersive experience. Felt a bit like OFP did the first couple of times I played it on SHOP back in the good oll days.

Again, I might have been lucky but it looks like this modders pulled something off here.

i have been participating in the Project reality Development, and i have been providing 'stats' for the PR mod since version 0.2

Somehow when i play on a PR server ( GloryHoundz ) i always have a good time.

PR has created the perfect balance between arcade and reality, and thats making the mod so succesful.

numbers dont lie smile_o.gif

prmm_feb_07.png