Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Entry tools BETA release

Entry Tools BETA

PR1.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This is not an official addon, dont blame BIS, me or deanosbeano if something bad happens. This is not for commercial use. If you want to use it for your own units, you are free to do so. But if you want to change something or add new content you have to ask for permission, contact me or deanosbeano. This addon is designed for a more realistic gameplay in ArmA. It adds severall units and weapons to your ArmA. There a still a lot of problems when using it in MP.

There Is a rare problem when using this addon and maybe all custom addons under the folowing conditions. When you create a quick map and make all units playable And simply save map without testing, the CAWeapons will not be added to the Addons= section of the mission sqm. a simple fix is to make sure you make a unit playable , test map and then save.

DOWNLOAD

Armed-assault.de Mirror

armaholic-Mirror

Armed Assault Info Mirror

armed-assault-zone Mirror

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Concept: Al Simmons

Scripts: deanosbeano

Modells: Al Simmons, DSA (Strobe, LST5)

Textures: Al Simmons, DSA (Strobe, LST5)

Videos: deanosbeano

Content:

Wirecutter: Not working atm, we are working on new buildings/objects which can be destroyed more realistic.

Hooligan Tool: Not working atm, we are working on new buildings/objects which can be destroyed more realistic.

LST5: Not working atm, maybe later we add a script to call in air support etc.

If u want to use the tools below you have to add „ this addeventhandler ["fired",{[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec "fired.sqs"}] „ for use in own addons you have to add:

class EventHandlers

{

Fired="_this exec ""\ASSmoke\scripts\fired.sqs""";

Init="_this exec ""\ASSmoke\init.sqs""";

};

to your cfgvehicles.

Strobelights: There are two diffrent types of strobes, IR Strobes create an IR target for airsupport, Lasertarget create a lasertarget for precission bombing. All targets can be locked by the specific weapons and vehicles. Cant be picked up when thrown.

Flashbang: Stuns AI and human players for 5-7 seconds. Must be thrown very accurate because only the last blast stuns targets.

Lightsticks: When thrown the glow in the dark, can be used to mark LZs at night, mark cleared areas.

Smokecans: New colors (blue, violett, yellow and deep red), blocking AI view for standard BIS smokenades and new ones, the new red smokecan appears black thru NVG at night.

Ladder: Can be used by Spec Op (ladder). It is freely deployable and pickupable. Can be used to climb up 1st floor of the most ArmA buildings. After reaching 1st floor it can be picked up to be deployed again to reach next floor.

Working fine in SP but not smooth in MP.

There are some problems with addactions, so the action can be used be anybody near the ladderman. It needs a good teamplay, mostly it is designed to be used in coops. If you want to use it with your own units you have to copy the init eventhandler.

Breaching charge: Improvised breaching charge, this one is placed by Spec Op (Breacher 1). After placing a 10 second fuse is fused.

Same problems in MP as ladder, when someone is killed by a breaching charge placed by a non breacher character a CTD can occur!!!

Breaching charge C4: C4 breaching charge, this one is placed by Spec Op (Breacher 2). After placing a 10 second fuse is fused.

Same problems in MP as ladder, when someone is killed by a breaching charge placed by a non breacher character a CTD can occur!!!

Invisible Targets: As the name says, there are invisible targets available for every type of target (men, armored, lasertarget).

Empty>Al Simmons Addons>

Units:

West>Al Simmons Addons>

Spec Op (FAC)-equipped with strobes, smoke and a laserdesignator

Spec Op (breacher 1)- equipped with improvised breaching charge

Spec Op (breacher 2)- equipped with C4 breaching charge

Spec Op (Ladder)- equipped with a deployable ladder

Spec Op (Assault)- equipped with lots of flashbangs

Spec Op (Combat medic)- able to heal his fellows

Objects:

Empty>Al Simmons Addons>

ammo AS- ammo crate filled with flashbangs, strobes, smokegrenades and lightsticks

static versions of the ladder, c4 and impr. Breaching charges, strobes and lightsticks, can be used by missionmakers and combatphotographers.

Credits:

DSA- Modells and texture from strobes and LST5

Lester- original invisble targets for OFP

KyleSarnik- for his help making this addon MP-playable, scripts and viewblock.p3d from his great Grenade Pack

Thx for testing:

- LLBrig 31

- capt. Hutson from 16AA

notworthy.gif very nice way how improve gameplay ... inlove.gif

This is great thumbs-up.gif i'll try it out this weekend and maybe i take this for next mission i create!

Thanks for this...Al smile_o.gif

@ all site links ,thankyou

@dwarden we hope even this early beta can add some extra gameplay.

@imutep i am trying to release the brick for internal breach in rescue missions, hope this along with units will make some good mission stuff .

@ all have fun with it, report anybugs here ,we are very busy with windows doors and such to complement these units and the scenario they will be used in.

Fantastic work, thanks for this, makes missions that much more fun notworthy.gif And of course the MP element

thx, for your feedback and mirrors. Please give us any feedback about your experience with this addon, especially we need infos about running this addon on dedicated servers. Soon we will release a small update, so any suggestions are welcome.

Al Simmons released a little video, that displays some contents of the new pack.

The video can be found here

Hi, i've downloaded it but haven't had much time to try it yet. Hopefully will be able at weekend. That repelling looks sweet! they dropped off the rope a little high didn't they?

Hey all,

Just quick overview of that vid. its early beta rapel script.

pilot is ai and when nme ai start to shoot he curled one and flew off. smile_o.gif hopefully the human player will wait for the men to leave, we can add green light for this at some stage for pilot.

there alot offactors to this kind of rapel ,the main one being that you have no idea how tall the building below is so there must be a set distance between the heli and end of the rope ,this is ok for human players because he will judge by experience and practice.

unfortunately for ai they only hover at one height no matter how high the building is (ok small fluctuation ut not enough uniformity).

so in essence this will work ok for ai on some buildings ,but essentially it will be for human co ops.

regarding release and what will be.

first thing will be a brick

in action here

it is specifically designed for missions as described in both videos.

and the unit is adds one more to original entrey tools units

it has a 100g c4

mission simply place the brick in a doorway or window or hole in anything and enter height and width as below.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this,width,height] exec"\brick\scripts\buildit.sqs"

actual

[this,3.6,2.7] exec ""\brick\scripts\buildit.sqs"

all this is done and hopefuly released tommorrow evening

we are also hoping to add the rope and rapel script but no promises

All my test videos are here for more info

hope that has not confused anyone.

p.s my pc lags i have it on very high everything ,i am stubborn ,because i prefer better looking things and no fps than ugly things coming at me fast

one i wont release lol ,was just a test honest

Some of the most creative stuff I've seen for ArmA so far guys. Keep it up!

I was watching your C4 vids and wondered if you planed on making proper doors for doorways. Something that could be opened and closed normaly, locked, and breached.

WoW! Them bricks look cool how they explode and fly about :P. On one of the test vids posted in first post i think there was little glass pains that shatter, will these be released? Or incorporated into a door etc.?

Hey guysI had a thought for an addon that is so simple I thought it best placed in a pack such as this.

Simply a crate with a sloping road LOD inside it so that it can be climbed. I've noticed that there are a number of places (esp buiding balconies which are prisons if you fall into them) where it would be ideal to get a 'leg up' as there is no climb/jump option in the game.

My thought was to simply put an 'UP' arrow on the side to be approached so that it won't be confused with other crates

maybetter to discuss this in the a&m theead entry tools.

things on hold at the mo, i am on call for grit salting the roads and

its been v cold so i have no time for , scripting at the mo, hopefully things start to happen again on friday.

quick anser we can have a look at the idea after the next release no probs. altho there is already something similar on rahmadi.an angled palette that is .

very good , however i have a little problem, i am trying to use the glowsticks with other soldiers, i tried to add the weapon "Throw" to the soldier but so far only the units provided with the mod have been able to throw glowsticks.

Am i missing something?

al is away at the monent afaik

there is this in the first post

Quote[/b] ]If u want to use the tools below you have to add „ this addeventhandler ["fired",{[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec "fired.sqs"}] „ for use in own addons you have to add:

class EventHandlers

{

Fired="_this exec ""\ASSmoke\scripts\fired.sqs""";

Init="_this exec ""\ASSmoke\init.sqs""";

};

to your cfgvehicles.

when he appears i hope we can fully release these along with a new unit.

the config is said to have a problem. there is a similar addon that seems to have had a similar problem about using class DEfault ,they have fixed it . i am sure when al is back he will ask them what they found was wrong and rectify for the full release.

hope it helps .

okay there seems to be a little error in the manual, here is the init field you need to put in a unit so that they can throw and use the strobe lights and lightsticks (i love lightsticks) .

[this] exec "\ASSmoke\init.sqs";this addEventHandler ["fired",{[_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2,_this select 3,_this select 4] exec "\ASSmoke\scripts\fired.sqs"}];

however, i have the feeling that the light they are doing is a bit large, also the thrower is a tad too powerfull i think, these throwables are mostly close quarter tactical devices and they bounce so hard on the ground it makes them bounce 5 meters further, i would love a second throwing weapon that allow to "drop" the light equipments at feets.

Still good job !

Nice pack, good to see flashbangs, lightsticks etc in that list, it's like Swat 4. One thing i am wondering, if we could see some more extreme countermeasures in any later version....

Nice pack, good to see flashbangs, lightsticks etc in that list, it's like Swat 4. One thing i am wondering, if we could see some more extreme countermeasures in any later version....

hey

not sure if Al is around anymore , but if you have any counter measure ideas, i will give them a go.

just finishing this little stick addon for me bricks doors and window entry.

c4 model by AL_sim scripts and drop effect by moi

I have been downloading addons for my eventual purchase of ArmA, and this one was seems very interesting.  Hope to see it developed further in the future.  Thanks for the work put in thus far.  

I also wanted to let you guys know that it is not called the "Hooligan tool."  It is the Halligan tool, named after FDNY Captain Hugh Halligan.

Wiki

Source 1

Source 2

Whats up with the videos being removed violation blabla? crazy_o.gif