Sign in to follow this  
Darktanicus

Performance and fun in Demo Version

I think Demo version is better than Official, Why?

1. More Accuracy, in Official i can't shoot to the nearest enemies, if you think that you are a trained soldier, you can shoot an enemy at 10 meters without difficulties, or using the m9 for near attack easily, but in official is just impossible, the red point of arm is unused, i think BI need to improve this issue.

2. Performace, i have a great performance in Demo version why? i don't know, anybody have the same situation?

if someone knows how to adjust the accuracy like Demo version please tell me.

Quote[/b] ]2. Performace, i have a great performance in Demo version why? i don't know, anybody have the same situation?

The island is less than half the size... How could you fail to notice that?

Quote[/b] ]2. Performace, i have a great performance in Demo version why? i don't know, anybody have the same situation?

The island is less than half the size... How could you fail to notice that?

It shouldn't make any difference with the streaming engine... or what...

I patched my demo up to the latest version and it is now running much, much smoother than it was prior to that, and I haven't even removed the grass. Great work BIS, thank you.

so lets all hope for a soon "conversion" ^^ of the patch for the full game product. With the right graphic settings and mouse settings in windows i can also pretty good aim right now, but performance improvement sounds good, of course. biggrin_o.gif

I patched my demo up to the latest version and it is now running much, much smoother than it was prior to that, and I haven't even removed the grass. Great work BIS, thank you.

I patched it too, and now it's running bad instead of extremely bad...(7600 GT). icon_rolleyes.gif

I patched it too, and now it's running bad instead of extremely bad...(7600 GT).   icon_rolleyes.gif

I also patched my demo up and now it's totally unplayable. Wierd graphical glitches when i view through my scope, binos and when i use zoom. I used to get this occasionally in the older build but now it's even worse with the demo patch.

My full game has been running good from day one. I learned to tweak the settings, that is all.

Maybe PC gaming is simply too advanced for many people?

marcus

What? I patched my demo to 1.03 and its work perfectly grass, textures, smoke, lights sound all works perfect...is really weird....

the size of the island doesn't matter i suppouse the islad load at draw distance time...

Becuase the Demo has patch 1.03 all us with full game still just have 1.02 version.

My full game has been running good from day one. I learned to tweak the settings, that is all.

marcus

I don't need to tweak my settings, I just put everything on very high. If i can't run this game with all settings on high or very high then there's something wrong with the game, not my PC.

system spec,

core 2 duo X6800

4GB Ram

Quad Sli Nvidia 7950 GX2

On the demo version i get great FPS and it looks superb, but i just get some weird texture bugs that make it unplayable.

I've now reinstalled the first build of the demo and everything runs fine again... icon_rolleyes.gif

One _major_ advantage of the 1.03 demo over the 1.02 game (IMHO) is that according to the release note it fixes the 'silent weapons' bug. I'm finding it hard to enjoy MP when I spend half my time falling down dead without any indication that I'm even being shot at. sad_o.gif

marcus

Maybe your head is too large for your shoulders?

Has anyone tested foliage performance in the demo? I see the latest build states increased performance on the normal setting.

(And before someone tells me to download the demo - I can't..my bandwidth is capped for the month, can't download past a certain size..great country I live in.)

I hope all the weird and strange things will be fixed in the next patch...and BI take our suggestion.

Ever since they made their further optimizations for build 5116, I've been getting 60 fps in some scenes in normal to high detail with low shadows and no aa or af, and I'm running it on a single 256 meg card! High shading, high post processing... it looks really good!

What are you talking about with the aiming in the full version. I have never had a problem with weapon accuracy

marcus

I don't need to tweak my settings, I just put everything on very high. If i can't run this game with all settings on high or very high then there's something wrong with the game, not my PC.

system spec,

core 2 duo X6800

4GB Ram

Quad Sli Nvidia 7950 GX2

On the demo version i get great FPS and it looks superb, but i just get some weird texture bugs that make it unplayable.

I've now reinstalled the first build of the demo and everything runs fine again... icon_rolleyes.gif

It's definitley not your rig that things a beast! Runs fine at very high on mine:

e6400 oc'ed 2.5

7900gs oc'ed 600/1.3

asus p5nsli

1 gig ram

The fact that your getting video distortions sounds card related. Are they oc'ed? Did you try 1 card, latest forceware drivers?

One _major_ advantage of the 1.03 demo over the 1.02 game (IMHO) is that according to the release note it fixes the 'silent weapons' bug. I'm finding it hard to enjoy MP when I spend half my time falling down dead without any indication that I'm even being shot at. sad_o.gif

Sometimes I can't hear other players fire and sometimes they can't hear me fire ... so I don't think that's fixed just yet.

There are silenced weapons on either side in the demo.

I don't hear rpg explosions. Vehicles just change colour when they hit.

There are silenced weapons on either side in the demo.

I don't hear rpg explosions. Vehicles just change colour when they hit.

Ditto. I'm pretty sure it's not a silenced RPG though.

Pity, cos in Flashpoint there was a beautiful deep boom (along with the breaking glass sound and an echo?), especially at a distance.

Boom...(oom oom)... crashtinkleoom...

None of that in ArmA yet - perhaps they figured the BRDMs would be invincible in the demo and explosion noises wouldn't be needed smile_o.gif