Sign in to follow this  
granQ

RC_ResHandguns

EDIT!!

The addon is now released, but two threads for a shitty addon like this wouldnt be worth it.

Here is download:

RC_ResHandguns.zip 2.6 mb

includes a bug with the recoil, sorry people. Just use this to observ..

Includes the 8 handguns that was included with OperationFlashpoint: Resistance.

Moderator, could you please rename the title to:

RC_ResHandguns

and move to completed addons?

if anyone wonders, RC is the tag: Red Cottage. You will hear from us again. until then.lets wait for the tools? wink_o.gif

/EDIT!!

Please feel free to discuss in this thread.

OK, let me know what you think.

Do you want "bis old content" into arma.

+ quick, everything done, matter of import

- ugly as hell

or

A "ofp" mod later, with custom community made stuff. Like a new shiny mi24.

+ pretty as girls but with pixelshaders

- will take alot of time

Tomorrow I plan to release all the handguns from Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

There is some flaws but they still look nice, dont they?

Clock is 02.50 so time for sleep, just wished to share it with you.

Here is the two first i imported.

handgun.jpg

Second, I dont know how many or if any OFP2ArmA addons i make, but would you like them to have BIS class names or should I add a tag?

Right now I am using my own tag, but I thought if people later on wished to use old missions, BIS classnames would be good idea.

Think i will go with my tag, any other suggestions? Comments?

looks ok so far, did u imported them as weapons or just static objects? i think it would be better if u use a tag on the classnames

Guest RKSL-Rock
[1] - Do you want "bis old content" into arma.

[2] - Second, I dont know how many or if any OFP2ArmA addons i make, but would you like them to have BIS class names or should I add a tag?

Right now I am using my own tag, but I thought if people later on wished to use old missions, BIS classnames would be good idea.

Think i will go with my tag, any other suggestions? Comments?

[A1] Personally I think ArmA should be a fresh start.  Meaning new models and new ideas.  Why import low res and dated models that will stick out like a sore thumb in ArmA's new high res environment.

That is not to say dont remake content... just forget about the old crap and start again and do it properly.

[A2]  - Again I'd tag them, simply because someone else will try and do the same, import ofp content, and may not bother with tags over writing your stuff.  Its easier to avoid conflicts by tagging.

[A1] I back RockofSL 100% on that post. as much as i would just love to see imported addons. its not going to look all that great. so why not just start from scratch. that way you have a nice base model all laid out and a nice set of UV maps.

[A2] Ping Pong Ching Chong.

I suggest you to only use the old OFP class names if you're a big ugly self-proclaimed elite mod. wink_o.gif

I think new models and textures are way better, have to agree with RockofSL and Skull here.

[A2] Ping Pong Ching Chong.

Racist.

bart-nazis.jpg

By the way, we oughta be making new models for ArmA, use the new engine for all it's worth!

Hello, how are you gentlemen?

CT is correct in that old OFP stuff would indeed be interesting.

I would like to see addons such as Skoda Dory in Armed Assault and/or lifeguard Humvee and/or Trabant taxis as well.

skodadora.JPGTT.JPGlgh4s.JPG

I think 1 or 2 years from now, when CWR is 100percent finished the quality of this project is going to be so good that everyone will have this installed in their addon folder. Then people will have to think about cleaning out their folder because the choice will be obvious. The CWR will become a must have standard addon. Alot of missions which would have been made using the quick and dirty conversion will become obsolete. So i imagine or atleast is my opinion that people dont want 3 gb of addons in their installation DIR of redundant addons.

Im not sure how much work it is to get this done quick and painlessly. I think it would just be interesting to check out but delete afterwords. Thats about as far as I would go with something like this.

I agree with everyone else in that making something to ARMA specs is going to make a big difference. Most of the old BIS stuff is using alot of texturemaps when it could all be UVW layed out to optimize the engine load...

Id say wait for CWR and focus on something else..... but thats just me and cant speak for anyone else...

good morning.

The weapons are fully funcitonal, but couldnt hold two weapons at a time so i laid them down next to eachother. Just got up and is fixing the rest of the guns.

I will use my own tags and the handgun project isnt made for me to make my own OFP mod but the way I discuss the matter of CWR, the topic is closed so had to start my own addon thread.

My point is that you all been mentioning.

If you gonna import ugly bis ofp objects, why not start?

I have shown it is possible. Most of the models is houses and bushes, this things are easy to convert. While vehicles have to wait. In order words, no need to wait for the tools.

If you gonna make new stuff, why not start doing those high poly models. You can most likely use 3dmax and then export or o2. No need to wait for the tools.

If you HAVE TO wait for the tools, what tools are you waiting for the config writing, Notepad isnt good enough?

So this is half serious addon, 100% serious with what I try to show is possible to do for ArmA right now, and not just sit and blame it on "waiting for the tools".

CWR discussion has to go in the CWR thread. As long as it closed, you have to sit and wait (or, even better: convert addons...).

So this topic can be used for the discussion of your addons, but definitely not for CWR discussion. I hope that was clear enough.

Why can't people discuss CWR in here? Surely granQ decides what's on-topic for his own thread!

Why can't people discuss CWR in here? Surely granQ decides what's on-topic for his own thread!

Please read the rules: No public discussion about a mod's decision. If you have a problem with a mod's decision, PM him or any other mod. smile_o.gif

because discussion is banned when it comes to addons, mangement of the board. Only allowed in the off-topic politics threads.

Even if this is called "addons & mods discussion" it is just for telling eachother how good they are.

If this was the "The Emperor's New Clothes", the ending would be the beheading of the little boy that dared to speak up.

Looks nice...but how about the 3D sights ?

Looks nice...but how about the 3D sights ?

fully working.

Status so far:

All weapons ingame (8 handguns), correction in placement needed for 7 of them. 3d sight works, textures looks OK.

Right now I am improving the code, (to get them quick ingame and try I used same config for all of them, now I am writing the magazins, how many rounds, modes and reload time). Inventory pictures looks nice.

Will probaly be released within 2-4 hours. Depending how much chatting and if I have lunch smile_o.gif

EDIT. Two progress screens:

The sight, as you can see need small correction to the left

sight.jpg

And then 7 weapons more to correct.

allguns.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I have shown it is possible. Most of the models is houses

this is what is needed more than anything,right now smile_o.gif. buildings with animated doors. forget the old wepaons, therw ould only one benefit from importing ofp weapons and that would be for someone who wants to convert maps that use those weapons in ammo crates smile_o.gif especially the ones that are not carried over to arma with same p3d names.

2nd would be forget the old ofp islands 4 years of everon on pc and 18 months on xbox ,that path is well trodden smile_o.gif.

get the better community islands in like afghanistan and iraq and if we must have ofp islands make them winter versions.

but mosy of all , buildings and buildings with opening doors.

look what a pauper without tools must do to get a workaround sad_o.gif

oops p.s good job on guns tho smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have shown it is possible. Most of the models is houses

this is what is needed more than anything,right now smile_o.gif. buildings with animated doors. forget the old wepaons, therw ould only one benefit from importing ofp weapons and that would be for someone who wants to convert maps that use those weapons in ammo crates smile_o.gif especially the ones that are not carried over to arma with same p3d names.

2nd would be forget the old ofp islands 4 years of everon on pc and 18 months on xbox ,that path is well trodden smile_o.gif.

get the better community islands in like afghanistan and iraq and if we must have ofp islands make them winter versions.

but mosy of all , buildings and buildings with opening doors.

look what a pauper without tools must do to get a workaround sad_o.gif

oops p.s good job on guns tho smile_o.gif

nice job on the doors, if its yours?

And i do agree with you, have no intreset. Its just a "post" in the discussion about the CWR future and everything, havent done any serious testing or intend to keep this.

Also it is to encourage people to try do their own stuff, so its not a "proper" release to be used for actually gaming, but more for people that want to learn how to do and so on.. i think i said this enough times.

the scriptings mine ,i just sliced an old res door in half and added some glass and hit handlers.

i spotted the link to your tut gonna go read up ,thanks for that.

btw about the cwc thing i played it on sahrani and to be honest, it was like when you miss your old favourite tv prog and when it finally gets a rerun, its just not the same.imo

campaign for afhghanistan or iraq now thats worth someinvestment smile_o.gif.

Hi GranQ,

With the new possibilities of ArmA, it should be reasonable to add one more accurate LOD (I don't know the new capabilities of ArmA's engine, but something like 1500 polys do it), have you planed to ?

Regards,

Chris.

Hi GranQ,

With the new possibilities of ArmA, it should be reasonable to add one more accurate LOD (I don't know the new capabilities of ArmA's engine, but something like 1500 polys do it), have you planed to ?

Regards,

Chris.

It would be possible, you can download and do it yourself.

I dont plan to do anything more, what I am busy doing now is to show how to make a AT weapon. Like I said this addons is not so much for "playing" but more to learning.

EDIT. Oh that was simpel, just rotate 90 degress.

Anyway, started this wikked page instead.

How to import models

All the weapons have some sort of transparency:

ArmA_RES_Weap.jpg

And can you please correct the weapon classnames in the readme. (RC_GlockSDMag -> RC_GlockSD)

But it's nice to see some OFP stuff in ArmA, good job!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

All the weapons have some sort of transparency:

big picture

And can you please correct the weapon classnames in the readme. (RC_GlockSDMag -> RC_GlockSD)

But it's nice to see some OFP stuff in ArmA, good job!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Transparncy was cool, didnt see that wink_o.gif

And nope, this is released and I won't spend one more minute on it. Next time i touch it is when i remove the zip from my server.

I am just experimenting as everyone else, but try to share my progress to speed things up and because I think to few help out..