Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

Elevators?

id seen a video at a game convention for the elevators in use in the hotel building. one one of the campaign missions i found this building but the elevators didn't exist? do the have to be enabled a different way or were they simply left out of the current version of the game?

and will they be added later?

If you turn the 3rd person view on and you look that from the elevator away, you can see that there is still the booth. So they deactivated it sad_o.gif maybe some scripts don't work perfect...

the same could be said i went around the map and found ladders u can not even use like the church tower ladder in OFP its the same model but u can;t use the ladder in that same builing in arma u can look up and see that there is a platform up there like the OFP one

the same could be said i went around the map and found ladders u can not even use like the church tower ladder in OFP its the same model but u can;t use the ladder in that same builing in arma u can look up and see that there is a platform up there like the OFP one

you mean the church tower? i can climb up there confused_o.gif

It would be great if we had elevators in MP! Just imagine taking the team down into an underground battle. Or just disabling the fahrstuhl for us. A journey to the centre of the earth.

At least were not climbing up a ladder in the middle of an elevator.

the ladders that you can't climb seem to be random. The same type building in another town might have working ladders.

check objects - there are some ladders there that you can add to the side of buildings. So there are few places you can't climb.

If the ladders aren't there then It must have come from Sick Boy's mod that adds lots of stuff to your objects section.

Look here

Forum page

I was pretty pissed to see that elevators weren't included in the paid public beta version of the game. That was one of the primary reasons I bought it. sad_o.gif

i think is more like a show case on how much you could do to script the engine, as in that video the script seems not functioning 100%, but maybe it could be put into later carrier addons and stuffs?

Neither ArmA nor OFP supports walking on moving vehicles. This is why you can't see full functional aircraft carrier addons in ArmA or OFP.

The one we saw in the video was maybe aided with scripts. I guess BIS still couldn't build acceptable elevator scripts yet.

I sure hope they come up with a patch enabling elevators and more, since moving aboard something that doesn't stay in the same place was already demonstrated in a video of VBS, once... I definitely hope BIS can work their magic and make it happen for ArmA! thumbs-up.gif

Elevators dont really bother me....

I would LOVE to have the ability to use proper aircraft carriers and stuff like that... =)

Elevators would be good.

Quote[/b] ]New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.

Source:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9250

Maybe I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that it was going to be 80% of buildings will be accessible. Seems to be about only 5% of buildings.

I guess they got lazy and didn't want to programme anymore or their producers were on their tails about releasing it so they had to finish early. Who knows?

Anyway...I'm sure an unpaid Mod maker will help them out as per usual.

FYI for the LADDER discussion ..... pretty sure the ladders have been disabled in the Demo

EDIT ... to clarify ... for the Churches

Quote[/b] ]Maybe I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that it was going to be 80% of buildings will be accessible. Seems to be about only 5% of buildings.

Yeah, I was very dissapointed with that sad_o.gif

The elevators work perfectly fine. The doors however, do not work. Nowhere on Sahrani is there a single openable door.

The elevator does not work Lockflip, I just went in and setposed myself in to the elevator and not only is there no option to use it but there are also seperate elevator compartments on every floor!... yet another total waste of graphics/processing resources...

The elevator does not work Lockflip, I just went in and setposed myself in to the elevator and not only is there no option to use it but there are also seperate elevator compartments on every floor!... yet another total waste of graphics/processing resources...

BIS have stated in a video earlier, if you remember it, that the elevators are working but that there's a script problem with the doors. Perhaps it's not working because they were using the press version in that video?  Some mystery.

Perhaps it wasn't even BIS in that video.

You wont get a reply from BIS inhere - I haven't seen any BIS ppl inhere since Placebo announced that he was quitting.

I wanted to use elevator after I saw an elevator scripts somewhere.

But you said it's in some video, can you give me a link, please inlove.gif .

Quote[/b] ]The elevator does not work Lockflip, I just went in and setposed myself in to the elevator and not only is there no option to use it but there are also seperate elevator compartments on every floor!... yet another total waste of graphics/processing resources...

from an expert of elevators scripting ....

You wont get a reply from BIS inhere - I haven't seen any BIS ppl inhere since Placebo announced that he was quitting.

Look closer, then.