Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

The videos look very good indeed, and I am still really eagerly anticipating the release of that Lynx!

I still want to beg of you that one day you might still consider finishing and releasing that Comanche that was just a testbed before...

Looking forward to the Lynx though

Cheers

Guest RKSL-Rock
WarWolf @ Aug. 06 2007,13:21)]I still want to beg of you that one day you might still consider finishing and releasing that Comanche that was just a testbed before...

Well I had a change of heart about the Comanche recently.  But either way i wont be finishing it properly, we have too much in our Work Queue to do it as well as it deserves.  I *think* and I'm not 100% about this right now but it might get released as part of the Turret & Animation "How To" Tutorials I'm writing:

- Landing Gear with Dampers

- Compound animations

- Turrets

- Multiple Turrets (any number not just 2)

- Tuning aircraft handling using the GeoLoD

Any of the models I use for this will be available as open source projects that people can do with as they like as long as they link to our site and credit us in the readme etc.

Greatly looking forward to the Tornado! I'm interested in what loadouts it'll come with. I find the lack of a new weapons system a bit of a letdown in Arma, something akin to the ACES project for OFP would've been perfect. Can't have everything though wink_o.gif .

Dare I ask if you're still working on that OFP Harrier?

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'm interested in what loadouts it'll come with. I find the lack of a new weapons system a bit of a letdown in Arma, something akin to the ACES project for OFP would've been perfect. Can't have everything though wink_o.gif .

Dare I ask if you're still working on that OFP Harrier?

Initial release loadouts will be the usual Tornado Loadouts:

On all versions apart form ALARM:

- Internal Guns

- 2x Sidewinders

Varied Versions:

- 8x 1000lb GP bombs with different fuzing

- 3x 1000lb LGB + Litening III Pod

- 2x 2000lb LGB

- 12x Brimstone

- 5x ALARM

Later releases might have a form of dynamic loading but right now we havent even discussed it properly.

Finally the OFP Harrier.  It stalled due to Texturing problems on the model.  My fault more than anything else.  I got distracted by ArmA  wink_o.gif  I doubt we'll release a proper (IE fully finished) version for OFP now.  ArmA is taking up all of our time.

Sounds great! I'm keen to see how the Litening III Pod works.

Shame about the OFP Harrier, considering it had so many great features. I came across the video on ofp.info the other day so I just thought I'd ask. smile_o.gif

Cheers.

maybe.............simply move it to be a ArmA project? wow_o.gificon_rolleyes.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
maybe.............simply move it to be a ArmA project? wow_o.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Oh believe me it isn’t and never was dead.  I already have the model in game.  But ArmA's scripting support is different now and the possibilities are now far more open.  We can do far more in ArmA than we could ever do in OFP. You will see RKSL make a Harrier for ArmA and it will be far more capable than the OFP one. As such the VTOL system will need to be re written to take the best advantage of the engine.

maybe.............simply move it to be a ArmA project? wow_o.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Oh believe me it isn’t and never was dead.  I already have the model in game.  But ArmA's scripting support is different now and the possibilities are now far more open.  We can do far more in ArmA than we could ever do in OFP. You will see RKSL make a Harrier for ArmA and it will be far more capable than the OFP one.  As such the VTOL system will need to be re written to take the best advantage of the engine.

i fully understand you RockofSL biggrin_o.gif

its just kind of non-working humor i tries to put out wink_o.gif

LOVED~~~ the Tornado, ond of my favorite plane aside from F14 and F22

OOOWOW!

That is Awesome man! The Tornado looks really good indeed, cannot wait till I get to fly in it... I really really hope you can get the MP idea working. That would be fully sick to have pilot and weapons officer working together dropping laserguided pwnage on unsuspecting enemy, while VCB marches forward for the win. pistols.gifyay.gifcrazy_o.gifrofl.gif

And the Merlin and Lynx both look really promising. Cannot wait to give those a proper try out. Especially the Lynx with aerobatics.

you also have PM!

Hi,

Here's a crude video I knocked up to demonstrate the RKSL Cargo System. You probably won't see anything you would call exciting, but I'll settle for practical smile_o.gif

rkslcargosys.jpg

It will come in two versions, script and addon based. The script based version, without the visible cargo proxies. With both systems, there are two different interfaces for the mission designer to choose from. Either User Actions or Dialogs. All versions support both single player and multiplayer.

Anyway, you can download the video here:

RKSL Cargo System Preview

Cheers

Edit: Updated the download link

Ow, my ears! They bleed!

But yeah, pretty nifty. And useful, especially loading aircraft.

Just please put a warning in next time.

I usually don't post in these parts , but if this cargo system worked in MP and used CoC_NS(once its out) this one seems like a winner.

Looking nice so far (Even tho I personally think the action-menu based method seems to cumbersome to be useful)

thumbs-up.gif

That's beyond awesome. Not sure about the music though.

Far beyond awesome that is!

Thinks about loading and unload stuff from "other" vehicles.

cough C-130 cough whistle.gif

But this truck alone would be awesome to have in EVO! crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

Uber repair truck! thumbs-up.gif

All I need with this video is a bit of grass and off we go yay.gif

Very nice work RKSL, I love this system already.

Imagine what can be done with it and not just in missions created with your work active in my mods folder thumbs-up.gif

Don't listen to those guys UNN! That music was EXCELLENT! =D

(What track/artist is it?)

And the cargo system...wow, it's amazing. Better than I had hoped for! Good job!

Oh God. I had to call the Suicide hotline after listening to the music... But Im very excited about cargo system! Great job! It looks awesome, itll be cool to load up a C-130 with cargo (maybe a vehicle?)

Thankyou for the update! xmas_o.gif

The Tornado with the pilot and weapons officer positions is simply amazing. This will be one hell of a bird too have in MP.

im speechless, this is the work of genius notworthy.gif

and ill make sure to keep this music in mind as i madly grin while taking down a few enemies

Guest RKSL-Rock

For all those interested: The Cargo System Video is now on You Tube too.

I usually don't post in these parts , but if this cargo system worked in MP and used CoC_NS(once its out) this one seems like a winner.

Looking nice so far (Even tho I personally think the action-menu based method seems to cumbersome to be useful)

thumbs-up.gif

Not sure about using CoC_NS, there isn't much need atm. But I have made heavy use of the new Arma MP commands, so I'm not exactly sure how it will stand up in a real life MP game. It works fine in tests for regular MP, a couple of minor issues with JIP for the script based system. But thats about it.

The user actions are quite fast when you have a limited number of objects to play with. But the system will default to the dialogs, with a single command to swap to user actions if required. I actualy started with the user actions first, seen as I havn't done any dialog scripting until now. So it was easy enough to keep them in.

cough C-130 cough  

But this truck alone would be awesome to have in EVO!

I'm looking to get this finished and released as a Beta ASAP. Just in case anyone else wants to start supporting the system sooner rather than later, with their own addons. Plus it would be handy to get some feedback on the performance in MP to. It will at least support all the default Arma vehicles and any suitable objects for now, until we have the heavy transport up and running. But the system is modular, so it will be easy enough to expand the range of vehicles and cargo.

Imagine what can be done with it and not just in missions created with your work active in my mods folder

Yeah, it is just the tip of the Iceberg. The whole thing could be extended into a general object interface. So setting up roadblocks e.t.c will not be restricted to VBS2 only.

Don't listen to those guys UNN! That music was EXCELLENT! =D

(What track/artist is it?)

Lol...I think it's sugoi! Thought it might suprise a few people. Wait till you here what I have planned for the Herc smile_o.gif

It's a Band called Mosiac Wav and the tracks called Youkoso! Himitsu no Suzume Baraya!

Thanks for all the feedback.

I will try and get a proper news release posted on the RKSL site, with more details about the system.

Cheers

That Cargo System is stunning, could not believe my eyes when i saw the video. notworthy.gif

What music is that?

Japanese for sure, but where to get it? smile_o.gif

Edit:

Ah i see, the question on the music was already answered.

Damn! That's the most stunning thing I've seen since DXDLL crazy_o.gif

Kinda funny song too, a "must-have" tounge2.gif

BTW, what will the max view radius be for the overhead view? It could be abused if this system ever reaches MP.