Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

who like the lean left and right for infantry

I for one hate the lean right or left for infantry. I think the armed assault maps are big enough for infantry to hide, without now having to look for a dot of a head sticking out from one of the buildings...ect Great for campers crap for gameplay if you ask me.

I dont see why u dont like this.

Caus it only makes the game more realistic.

I like these new movements. And i think more people like them then hate them.

People sometimes are complaining too much i think.

The lean is a great feature, especially when used with a TrackIR to slowly peek around corners.

If you dont like it, dont use it xmas_o.gif

Theres that word " camping" again. I have yet to see anyone with the abillity to pitch a tent in game.

its a war simulation/game, charging arround with guns blazing is for Holliwood & kids games. What you refer to as " camping" is perfectly normal.

I think his boils about it is that it helps campers camp even better and he would probably be right about that.

But then, lots of things in arma has made camping easier. It's harder to spot enemies because of several things; grass, more obstacles, more buildings you can move around in and on top of and such. The increased awareness and 360 degree field of view you need now will probably forces slower movement and that in turn makes camping even more favorable.

Doesn't bother me as I will mostly play coop, but I can understand that the players who prefer ctf/dm would be a bit annoyed with the slower pace and more camping. Then again, it's just a guess.

This forum gets funnier every day! In deference to this the

new "Infantry training" pamphlets for the Sahrani army should

now include the following amended text:

When receiving effective enemy fire...men should on no

account ever attempt to lean to observe around the corner

of cover...the order "Take cover" is to be replaced with the

order "Everybody Camp!"...

No I'm not drunk, but I wish i was...   whistle.gif

My personal opinion (for whatever that's worth) is that there is no such thing as camping in a military simulator type game, there is merely the tactical strategy of ambush or "laying in wait" smile_o.gif

I've played the run and gun and it's not for me. But many of my friends play the jump and shoot and love it. So to all that like run and gun (they range in all ages, I'm in my thirties), I'm sorry they built the game more towards the Coop players, but this is all we got.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>There are no other games like this being made for us today.</span></span> Not really.

I hope you find a way to enjoy it. (maybe a mod)

well i think i should explain better. I had an experiance the other night that made me feel not keen on it. For coops, yes its good, for some CTF is horrible. I'm on about the CTF where its buildings in the desert and 2 hangers either end, but to be honest i thought i had seen the last of them crap CTF maps in Ofp. Its just i know that clans wars will base games on these shit maps. Wich will make for some horrible games that are no fun at all. Ok i know some arn't keen on the word camper, but what else do you call someone sat behind the same building with his dot of a head peaking out and not willing to move. I have got a thousand words i could call him her, but i think camper sounds more polite. This might be based on a military sim and in real life i would probably make good cover of things if my life depended on it, but this is the game where you respawn. Its no achievement trying to get the most kills just sat behind a building.

I love the lean function. Why the hell would you go to the corner of a building or anything and expose your entire body? I play the game how I would approach the situation in real life and so far I don't have any problems with the game, apart fromthe fact that I can't fly worth anything but that is nothing new.

Dudester...

You're just jealous that the "camping" opponent has the tactical advantage and you don't. wink_o.gif

For real life "campers" there are a couple of tactical solutions to that:

-Artillery

-Tanks

-Flanking

Leaning is a musthave for this type of sim. Altho, I am not real hip on BIS` "tilt yer head" style of lean. I prefer an actual lean your body type. But what can ya do?  lol

Camper. lol A word derived from the quakers.

"My personal opinion (for whatever that's worth) is that there is no such thing as camping in a military simulator type game, there is merely the tactical strategy of ambush or "laying in wait"

Agreed.   Can you imagine how long you`d survive in the field if every time you came upon the enemy... you quaked em? There are plenty of mil games with mil skins you can quake in. BF 2, Joint Ops are 2 noteworthies. lol

I find it sorta funny that someone would even use the term "camping" here.

Just like IRL, "oh shit they're in that building, blow it up!"

Just keep firing rockets at the building and it'll collapse sooner or later.

Welcome to the wonderful world of realism. biggrin_o.gif

edit: just tested it, you need 7 RPGs to blow up one building, thats one standard RPG gunners loadout + an ammo crate.

edit2: this RPGing around might actually make urban combat realistic, because IRL rockets fly arund more often then bullets nowadays.

ArmA has improved urban combat, with bigger towns and all that. It only makes sense to have animations to assist in urban combat.

Besides, if BIS hadn't put them in, someone else would sooner or later in an animation pack.

Ok, Ok, i get the point you all like it. Please close this thread and fix the real issues like the netcode still been crap. Sick of seeing players warping.

i think the lean is amazing,

i hated ofp's no lean vs doorways,in or out,was stupid.

i also hate no jump.

I for one hate the lean right or left for infantry. I think the armed assault maps are big enough for infantry to hide, without now having to look for a dot of a head sticking out from one of the buildings...ect Great for campers crap for gameplay if you ask me.

I know, features suck!! icon_rolleyes.gif

"Camping" the most stupid word ever devised for these types of games/simulations.God if I havent been tossed from a game server back in the day many times for simply taking up a defensive position somewhere and waiting to nail someone.Sorry kiddies but thats how its done in the real world. icon_rolleyes.gif

"Camping" the most stupid word ever devised for these types of games/simulations.God if I havent been tossed from a game server back in the day many times for simply taking up a defensive position somewhere and waiting to nail someone.Sorry kiddies but thats how its done in the real world. icon_rolleyes.gif

I love that word biggrin_o.gif

It's fun abusing AWP3r C@mp1Ng n00bs in CS:S, but a very large part of the point of ArmA is slowing the battle down, because IRL (which is what it's trying to replicate), people don't (often) run around shooting madly.

Season's Greetings! xmas_o.gif

Ok i know some arn't keen on the word camper, but what else do you call someone sat behind the same building with his dot of a head peaking out and not willing to move.

A Sniper perhaps?

confused_o.gif

Ok i know some arn't keen on the word camper, but what else do you call someone sat behind the same building with his dot of a head peaking out and not willing to move.

A Sniper perhaps?

confused_o.gif

Yup..

And what do we do if we cant kill that sniper with infantry by flanking him or flushing the building out?

We call in some tanks are artillery that destroy the building. Think creative! tounge2.gif

God forbid there are campers on the battlefield! Their use of effective tactics is unacceptable. From now on every soldier shall make themselves an easy target or they'll be kicked out of the war! All in favor?

icon_rolleyes.gif