Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

Error 5116 :

'bin\config.bin/RSCDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/Ca_valuesRoles.ColorPlayer'

Yes, it really is not intended for clients. This is one of the glitches there now. It's primarily a server platform.

So clients should preferably keep using build 5114 to keep things clear ?

Yes i believe so, although the new build does work it seems that there are certain 'glitches' and imperfections, im gonna stick with the 5114 build till a client side patch is released smile_o.gif

Haven't tested the 5116 yet, but in 5114 one bug still remains. The bug where you could end up playing the same soldier as someone else. I.E. two persons controlling the same player.

Haven't tested the 5116 yet, but in 5114 one bug still remains. The bug where you could end up playing the same soldier as someone else. I.E. two persons controlling the same player.

It's not a bug it's a feature, it's called coop. tounge2.gif

So i DL'ed 5116 and have been teasting out the Very Low Terrain Detail setting comparied to Normal and Low settings

Quote[/b] ]- New: Terrain Detail now controls grass detail as well (can be used to turn off the grass if you set terrain detail on very low) NOTE: in MP this is controlled by the server only

Only thing is i cant see any change in the grass levels at all, Heres a few screnies.

NORMAL

NORM1

NORM2

PRONE

NORM1

NORM2

LOW

LOW1

LOW2

PRONE

LOW1

LOW2

VLOW

VLOW1

VLOW2

PRONE

VLOW1

VLOW2

WOW ........ I didnt even know there was any new EXE builds till tonight.

I just did the 5116 build and man ..... what a difference.

I do get the error others posted about but click ok and it runs fine.

I upped my graphics and even turned on AA & AF and it raised my FPS.

And im running an AMD XP1900+ and a Gforce 6800GT with 1 gig of ram and getting 20FPS in 1280 x 960 with most on normal and AA & AF on low. Shadows off tho!!

Actually my CPU is a 2500+ but i have to underclock it to a 1900+ to keep my PC stable ... but thats another story.

Nice work on the builds ........... definitely an improvement.

By the way ............ i did encounter me and someone else controlling the same unit .... lol. I thought i was going crazy till i read that it happens here ... lol.

I also love being able to see the actual pings now too.

There seems to be possibility to play SP missions/templates in demo now, but no mission/templates in patch itself. Is there missions to download for demo?

Im curious about that too.

Some SP missions or even better yet ......... a watered down version of the editor to make our own on Sarahni lite missions would be fantastic ......... especially for us US folks that are still waiting for the full game.

I think having a demo version of the editor to play with would even help sales of the final game.

No real fans will be satisfied with just Sarahni lite.

Ive been one of the critics around here about the performance but this new build has made me a believer again. I now get better frames when I turn AA and AF on??? Not complaining yay.gif

The original build i was getting 21-23 fps on 800 x 600 with everything on very low or disabled. Now im running 1280 x 800 with AF on high and AA on low and im averaging 25-30. Way to go BIS!

Now I can even play the game with post processing on high after I overclocked my CPU from 2.8 to 3.1 and the frames stay 25-30. I even get 30-40 when there are no towns around in view. Can this build make that much of a difference?

So i DL'ed 5116 and have been teasting out the Very Low Terrain Detail setting comparied to Normal and Low settings
Quote[/b] ]- New: Terrain Detail now controls grass detail as well (can be used to turn off the grass if you set terrain detail on very low) NOTE: in MP this is controlled by the server only

Only thing is i cant see any change in the grass levels at all, Heres a few screnies...

Because it is a server side setting! It even says so in your quote. If you want to control that setting the you would have to host the game yourself.

Edit: Or did you realize that already? You never said whether you hosted or joined a game.

Because it is a server side setting! It even says so in your quote. If you want to control that setting the you would have to host the game yourself.

Edit: Or did you realize that already? You never said whether you hosted or joined a game.

I was the Host biggrin_o.gif

I was the Host biggrin_o.gif

Oh tounge2.gif . The grass does look extremely thin in those screens, so it shouldn't have much performance impact anyway. I guess that's from turning down object detail.

Maybe? I've been fiddling all day with the settings.

I must be doing something wrong i guess. crazy_o.gif

I played a bit of CTI with the new demo patch. There seems to be a nice performance increase, and the CTI seems to run pretty smoothly. I don't know if the bodies are disappearing yet, but several towns had been captured and the game was still going okay. It is still pretty buggy though, after some time friendly towns still show up as red on the map and I spawned wounded a couple times.

The CTI bugs still need to be sorted out. I hope they will be in the next patch smile_o.gif .

Noticed a small miss at the main screen. The text appearing, speaking of all the features of the game, when it mentions the mission editor it misses a letter. Can't exactly remember what it said, but I think it missed an "L".

Memoray Leak on the demo ( build 5116 ) huh.gif

Past couple of days we have ben running a dedicated CTI demo server from our server box ( P4 3.4Ghz, 1gig ram, 300mb connection ) and it appears after 2 hrs of run time the whole thing tends to bottleneck. Up untill that point players can join without any problem, after that point its taking 10 min or more for the map to load for new players.

We also run a dedicated server for ARMA retail version ( 1.02 ) and have had 50 players in it without this problem.

Question is, is it the CTI map causing the problem, or is there still issues with the Demo EXE & the CTI map ?

Well I just installed my Raptor with the new Demo build and again my rate of FPS increased jumped even more. So far Ive seen a nice change with the build 5116, now with the Raptor HD yet another small boost. Before I changed HD, when I OC my CPU and memory I noticed hardly any difference but since I put the new build and HD in (no partitions) OCing allowed a small gain in FPS. BTW, I see no drop in forests or bushes now whatsoever??? But overall my FPS went from 20-23 FPS at 800 x 600 with my old setup to 27-40 (sometimes as much as 50) at higher settings and 1440 x 900 res.

So I don't know if one thing or the other made the major changes, but I do know that the HD has made a diff for me. But so did the new Build and so did the over-clock. All together I am running a 2 year old puter and now can play the game at 1440 resolutions (AA High AF Very High) and keep an average of 30FPS.

P4 2.8 (OC 3.1)

X850xt

2 gigs Ram

74gig Raptor HD

To all who get this issue:

Change your network card. I was using onboard nVidia nForce networking controller; switching to onboard 3Com LAN fixed the problem. Can vote, play missions, select roles, etc. without issue.

So anyone fix that "Connecting Faild." Error? Thanks. Any inside news on a client patch?

Just downloaded demo 5116 and got an error dialogue "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha", previous releases have worked fine.

P4 3.2

1024 Mb

6600GT

PH

Friends've same pb with Radeon9800XT & before, with other build, no pb.

Same thing with Full version 1.02, no pb.

Only the 5116Build Demo seems to have this issue confused_o.gif

Any idea ?

Issues im having with Demo Build 5116.

Issue #1 Why on the coop mission after a 30 Min time that the mission shows 8 Hours have passed?

Issue #2 Why cant i set 1280x1024 resolution anymore with low settings that it defaults to 1024x768?

@ Comes

That was my error, I was dumb enough to forget to copy the new .exe build into the Armademo folder.

PH

Memoray Leak on the  demo ( build 5116 ) huh.gif

Past couple of days we have ben running a dedicated CTI demo server from our server box ( P4 3.4Ghz, 1gig ram, 300mb connection ) and it appears after 2 hrs of run time the whole thing tends to bottleneck.  Up untill that point players can join  without any problem, after that point its taking 10 min or more for the map to load for new players.

We also run a dedicated server for ARMA retail version ( 1.02 ) and have had  50 players in it without this problem.

Question is, is it the CTI map causing the problem, or is there still issues with the Demo EXE & the CTI map ?

It's not a memory leak it's the mission itself, if you played the CTI for 2 hours you should obviously see why it's killing the server. Read the CTI thread.

Here's an odd question Ive discovered. Since the new build 5116, supposedly grass should be disabled when terrain detail is set to very low. Now yes it did do that but as soon as I go prone it redraws the grass to full and then stays on the rest of the game. If I go into settings and try to reset it nothing happens. That is, no changes in the setting, even a redraw settings change, will clear the grass until I restart the game.

Now I have been having this since the new build, but didn't realize this until I installed the game on my other computer and saw the differences. Now before the peanut gallery all chime in to tell me its my drivers...yada yada...I am a nut job when it comes to system performance maintenance so everything I have is up to date. Anyone have this issue?

Edit- I've isolated it to ATI tray tools but cant figure which settings are causing the issue.

P4 2.8 (OC 3.1)

2 Ggs 3200 Ram

X850XT

74 G Raptor

I currently have the original german version installed and it works perfect

then I wanted to try out the english demo to find some more local servers to play on and try the new features in 1.03, but when I try to run the demo after a successful install it says "Corrupted data detected."

anybody have an Idea what I can do about it?

System specs:

2.8@3.0Ghz P4C

2GB Kingston DDR

2xRaptor 36GB in RAID 0 as system and game drive

Nvidia 7800GS 256MB AGP