Sign in to follow this  
duach

Recieving while playing

Seems to happen on my system since the last patch update, but that might just be coincidence. I'm also trying out different video settings to find good fps vs good visuals

Error in expression <#include "script_component.hpp"

comment>

Error position: <#include "script_component.hpp"

comment>

Error Invalid number in expression

comment>

comment>

Warning Message: Cannot load texture #(argb, 8, 8, 3)color(1, 1, 1, 1).

Old style material 200 used in ReportStack not available

comment>

comment>

comment>

comment>

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,1024x1024 (size 1398096 B), Error 8876017c

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\a_office02\data\a_office_window_ca.paa:0)

*** Device reset recovery requested

This happened in MP twice in a row max 10min in both games. It was a heavy mission though.

Yesterday I tried some other voodoo, I de-fragmented my drive. It has 100G, 45G used, it said 54% fragmented, after that 4%, but ArmA 2 behaves EXACTLY the same way after this.

Next voodoo: beheading a goat, pulling goat-head over mine and dancing naked around my rig.

I will let you know if it helped.

Note: if you're going to do this - do it with the curtains closed... or else your neighbours will be calling in some ARMA on you courtesy of your local Army/SWAT Team/Armed Police Force/Guys In Yellow van with flashing blue light carrying straightjackets (Delete where appliacble).. ;) :D:D

Even after updated 1.02 Patch I'm still getting it :(

But now the error message in the log file is more detailed.

Client: Object 2:15631 (type Type_82) not found.
Duplicate weapon ItemCompass detected for USMC_Soldier_AA
Duplicate weapon ItemMap detected for USMC_Soldier_AA
Duplicate weapon ItemRadio detected for USMC_Soldier_AA
Duplicate weapon ItemWatch detected for USMC_Soldier_AA
Client: Object 289:24 (type Type_121) not found.
Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,64x64 (size 2728 B), Error 8007000e
Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\misc2\data\gunrack1_co.paa:3)
*** Device reset recovery requested

I got the recieving error in less then 5 minutes at this time.

recieving error black screen clean install of xp upto date drivers 3gb ram qudcore, upto date patch the new 1.02...blah and still getting the same error guess its wait until the 1.03+

I'm getting sick of waiting :/ I payed for that game. It wasn't that cheap and it could be a really good game like ArmA was/is.

At least we have error codes now, the devs can now exactly point out the problem.

I can replicate it anytime I exit a helo after a flight in a Domination game with all settings on "high".

Turning all settings to "normal", I played online for four hours w/o a hitch.

So, somewhere in between I expect I'll find my solution.

Edited by Thirdup

Gents, please post your HW + SW setup and used drivers.

Just to convince BIS that it is their part. Can not be that so many different GPUs /drivers/rigs are broken. I rather point to ArmA 2 to be broken.

Another victim of the "receiving" loop.

I had been playing fine all day, then one of the games I went to the map, back into the game and got stuck at receiving. Go to an external view and back to first person, receiving, go to the map and back, receiving, just run around, goes to receiving.

There was not a single change made between games, like this came out of nowhere. Tried grabbing a screen video with FRAPS. It recorded, but at the point where the loop begins ARMA crashed to desktop with the error "Error: Device Freed".

CPU: E8400 Stock Clock

2gb RAM

9800 GTX Video Card 62.92.56.00.05

XP Service Pack 2

I am now getting the Receiving.... Error all the time in Multiplayer. It is ok when you first spawn and if I try to travel a distance after about 20 seconds or so I get a black screen with a flashing Receiving... and it just goes on forever.

It is impossible to play multiplayer, doesn't seem to happen in single player though jsut multiplayer.

I am getting somewhat frustrated at these issues, flickering textures on buildings and now this is really turning me off.

this is the 5th forum or so I have found with the same basic problem. Hundreds if not thousands of players are experiencing difficulty.

G-dam I realllly just want my $ back. No game is good enough for this. ..

is there really no fix for this yet? I jsut read through at least 6 pages of this crap and nobody has even deciphered their error log correctly yet.

Oh forgot to mention I have an ATI 4870 GPU, Q6600 CPU, WinXP 32 (Genuine) and 2GB RAM just on the offchance some commonality crops up.

I can connect to about 10% of servers right now. When I do finally get in I get booted after about a minute.

This is fun!:mad:

I can connect to about 10% of servers right now. When I do finally get in I get booted after about a minute.

This is fun!:mad:

Nothing related this thred mate.

Same problem...

My specs:

- E6600

- NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB

- Win XP 32 bit, SP3

Nothing related this thred mate.

actually this could be related to this thread anus.

He is getting a crash that completely denies him the ability to play the game.

It also shares fatal crash characteristics of the receving error which thousands of people seem to be receiving...what a joke. :butbut:

Yesterday I tried some other voodoo, I de-fragmented my drive. It has 100G, 45G used, it said 54% fragmented, after that 4%, but ArmA 2 behaves EXACTLY the same way after this.

Next voodoo: beheading a goat, pulling goat-head over mine and dancing naked around my rig.

I will let you know if it helped.

How did it go mate?

I personally am devoting my voodoo time to making small effigies of BIS dev's and stabbing needles into them...though in hindsight this might hinder their ability to help us...oh well it makes me feel better in lieu of actual constructive help :)

How did it go mate?

I personally am devoting my voodoo time to making small effigies of BIS dev's and stabbing needles into them...

Oh, I did not reached that stage :D

I am rather stunned seeing that BIS is doing EXACTLY the same mistake as with ArmA 1 - releasing a from functionality point of view unique application - full with bugs.

Even if the "receiving..." bug would be solved which avoids playing at all, behind that 200+ bugs/design-oddities are waiting for me.

I do not understand this company.

I didn't want my first post to be a complain but the more the better... I've just bought the steam version and gave it a try on multiplayer and shockingly I got this now famous black screen with Receiving... in the middle. If I understood correctly after reading this thread is that the error is caused by some texturing crap. The odd thing is that the game runs very well, I don't have any lag with high/normal settings. I don't seem to have any problems in the editor either even with dozens of AIs in my line of sight. BI got lucky this time, I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew about the problem.

My system:

Core2Duo E7300 @2,66Ghz

4Gb ram

Geforce 9800 GT 512mb

WIndows XP SP3 32-bit

I'm not sure which driver I have since it says version 6.14.11.8122 :confused:

Until now every game worked just fine with this version so I'm not keen to change it.

Edited by BogdanM

Regarding the receiving bug. I've had this before, but until last night I'd had no bother for over a week (the receiving bug only seems to hit me when I first enter the game and doesn't interupt once I've started OK). But last night I couldn't join the server my clan runs and another of our members had the same problem even though we'd both played on the server for 3 consecutive nights.

We restarted the server and we were both straight in. So it seems that it could be a server issue not a home PC issue. Not sure if the server gets it's knickers in a twist and wants to try and send info that doesn't exist and/or isn't needed.

Unfortunatley this doesn't help people out there who don't have their own server but it might help the developers identify where the problem is. Oh and for the record I didn't restart my game whilst restarting the server.

OK so as I mentioned before I have been getting this problem initially mainly in multiplayer. However it suddenly hit single player and very badly. It is some kind of corruption occuring, something to do with graphics for sure.

In single player I was only able to move about 20 metres before I got the Receiving... which made the game unplayable. Then it got worse, started to get bad in game single player stuttering and finally white triangles moving around the screen etc etc. I thought it can't be my GPU it is brand new and it was unopened and I do not overclock and it is winter here so overheat I don't think so.

In desperation I uninstalled ARMA2, cleaned install directory, re-installed ARMA2 1.01 and then the new patch to 1.02.xxxxx. I load up single player on normal settings and pray. What do you know a totally stutter free and no receiving... at all. So I turn up the graphics to high/very high and the game looks beautiful, much better than I have seen it and smooth gameplay, less HDD loading and no slowing down and best of all over 1hr no Receiving when I was getting it every 10 seconds.

So I try my luck at multiplayer. 50 players on a server! this will be good. Login and hold my breath. Get in a helicoptor because this always gave Receiving... constantly to the point where I had to ALT F4 out. What do you know not a single Receiving or CTD or stutter or graphic corruption. The game ran flawlessly.

OK so what fixed it? well full clean and re-install. I have a suspicion this problem may creep back in again. There must be some file(s) that are written to which is read during the game which is causing these issues. I have not been able to put my finger on it but when I get some time maybe this evening I'll try and find which files are being written to.

When it works it is a damn nice game.

Oh also I never changed a single thing in a game file so corruption was not me.

Q6600 @2.8

2Ghz RAM

ATI 4870 GPU

downloading the newest nvidia graphics driver (186.18) solved MY receiving problem.