Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

DSF Unofficial StarGate Simulator

very nice so far.

could you get them a bit more crispt tho?

they look a bit washed out.

wasnt the gate´s color more dark and more uniform?

at least thats what i recal from the movie/series.

keep it up smile_o.gif

Yeah, i'm working on a more uniform colour and sharpness. The gates are progressing well, though i don't think the fan base is what it was in ofp.

WOw this is crazy! Very impressive! The modelling of the gate, the fact they actually work, the way you can click on the actual coordinates etc...

questions:

- Why does the SG1 style gates takes forever to launch while the atlantis style one is much faster, like i am used to in the series (I only watch SG Atlantis now so maybe its always been like that in SG1?)

- The part inside the wormhole, is that a video you added to you video is it actually ingame? When i saw that i went crazy_o.gif

Keep up the good work. this looks very promising. thumbs-up.gif

The Earth gates use a diffrent sort of dialing using a base computer so dial slower (the keyboard you saw is can be manually used as well).

The wormhole effect is part of the addon (ingame) but will be updated before the first beta.

If anyone thinks of any cool functions you'd like to see in the gates then post it here and i'll give it a shot.

What Fk Andersson said... map to map to map jumps (like planets to planets...)

Atlantis' jumpers would be great too (even in the event they can not go through the gate, would still be awesome as vehicules to fly around)

I am sure you already though of the Iris and shield...

Im not sure but map to map jumps would be impossible in armed assault. you would have to be able to load another mission file within a mission and carrying over all your settings, Ie troops and weapons.

In the OFP mod some people created massive maps that had many, many small islands on them with different themes. so missions could take you to any of the worlds at the same time. this overridden the need to load a different island map.

probably do the same for ArmA at some point. i not looked into island editing yet but i know someone who may be able to help us.

to couter-act the horrible ArmA lod loading bug when you reach the other side of the gate would it be possible to begin to load the the other side of the gate while the vortex sequence begins? thus avoiding a more prolonged loading times?

@xav - from what i can gather from the series the atlantis gates were made by the "Ancients" and the milkyway gates by the "gatebuilders" as the atlantis ones were made after the gatebuilders they are more advanced and dont have the spinning element of the gate, instead the flying light glyps.:D thats what i thought anyway.

Nah they were both built by ancients, but the atlantis ones were a later more advanced model

Thought their was a race known as the gatebuilders? or did they turn into the ancients at some point?

Appears that they the same people lol.

lost my train of thought

I take it the gates will be MP compatible Frosty?

wasnt it the anceints tho that first traveled to the pegasus galaxy and populated it?

Stargate Atlantis is set in the city of Atlantis, on a planet called "Lantea" in the Pegasus galaxy, built millions of years ago by the most advanced race of the Stargate universe: the Ancients. Five to ten million years ago, due to a plague in the Milky Way Galaxy, they were forced to flee to a planet in the Pegasus Galaxy and there they seeded life on hundreds of worlds as they had done in the Milky Way. After encountering a powerful enemy known as the Wraith and going to war with them for more than one hundred years, the Ancients ultimately lost and were forced to submerge their city into the ocean (in order to hide from the Wraith), which, in the Stargate universe, is the source of the Greek myth of the Lost City of Atlantis.

wink_o.gif

And the influx of stupid questions begins.

No, the wormhole video was added in post-production.

So was the dialling in fact.

And the gates themselves.

The only thing in game is running up to a rock. Yes, a rock. It got turned into a DHD in post-production as well.

And the influx of stupid questions begins.

No, the wormhole video was added in post-production.

So was the dialling in fact.

And the gates themselves.

The only thing in game is running up to a rock. Yes, a rock. It got turned into a DHD in post-production as well.

Calm down mate. Why did you take offense with my question about the wormhole? Did I criticized any of Dingmatt videos? I don't think so, quite the contrary actually so please chill out. What is that topic for if people can not ask questions or make comments? smile_o.gif

The jumper leaves me speechless Dingmatt! thumbs-up.gif

Im not sure but map to map jumps would be impossible in armed assault. you would have to be able to load another mission file within a mission and carrying over all your settings, Ie troops and weapons.

you could make it as a dynamic campaign kind of deal

on every cross-map jump, you end the mission and load the next in the new one, where the init script reads all global settings

the resistance sniper campaign was fun with this as it always continued from where you left off in the last mission

Uhmmm...wow. Those effects look fucking amazing!

Abs