Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

DSF Unofficial StarGate Simulator

just to let the community know the mod has a new site up, for its OFP work and future ArmA work.

www.stargateassault.net

Dingmatt i am willing to help you test/BETA test this mod.

I sure you are wink_o.gif

Thanks for the new info on web-site

Will this gate feature the new advanced cloaking field?

ps models look beautiful

This gate will be using the advanced cloaking field, we know a few of you have been looking forward to taking it apart...

Been working on the gates, as much as i can without the tools.

Added a new bumpmap layer to the surface, i increased it to a stupid amount so you can see it in a screenshot (its pink cos the sunset)

bump.jpg

Just decided to post a screenshot to show what we've accomplished, a comparison of the mod in the different engines.

compare.jpg

smile_o.gif You've come a long way. Looks good!

Abs

Looks great so far, but why does the DHD and the gate still have different textures? the are both composed of naquada and should pretty much have the same color, wel except for the tauri gate wich seems to always be a bit cleaner than the offworld gates icon_rolleyes.gif

Your gates always reminded me of the stargate from the movie, a bit cleaner and metalic looking.

The textures have yet to be changed, the difference you see is from how the games rendering it. Don't worry were updating all our models and textures for use in ArmA.

On that mode i'd like to put it to vote which models you'd rather prefere for the ArmA SGMod, firstly the DHD, choose 1 or 2 (can offer suggestions too).

size.jpg

Only the table shape has changed.

You can find a reference picture at http://sgc.9online.fr/Photos/Planche_de_coordonnees.jpg

Looking great!

Any plans to make antlatis' jumpers ?

IT'S A FARGATE!

Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.

Hey, first post. Hi people!

Erm... That crappy old thing, FarScape?

IT'S A FARGATE!

Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.

Hey, first post. Hi people!

Erm... That crappy old thing, FarScape?

Actually no your only half way there, he means the 200th SG1 eps.

We're already working on the Puddle jumpers but the Gates take preference at the moment.

FarScape wasn't crappy! The later episodes weren't as good fine but earlier on it was good.

Hey folks...

Call it Fargate oder Gatestar or Wormhole Extreme ( yay.gif ) or whatever, but i won't pay 2000€ for using this ominous name to its omniscient owner wink_o.gif

fargate_comicthumb.jpg

~ click image ~

It's easy to retex if you know everything e.g. where the armpatches should be located...

But i tried myself in a config as well but honestly I failed... Now I am using the characters.pbo to make some screens crazy_o.gif

I can't disable the helmets and need the file to retex the bags!

Maybe there will be a Release in near future smile_o.gif

Best regards, telejunky!

There looking good, haven't started new units yet but i can easily help with the config.

Oh great! But in on tuesday i will wirte my physics exam and on wednesday my math exam :P After these days, i got enough time to proceed the normal an specular map wink_o.gif I will send them you to make our own fargate troops smile_o.gif

I would be glad, if you contact me via icq (291948476) or mail smile_o.gif

regards, telejunky

Just a news update, the projects going well; I decided to take a few more screenshots.

gxkjihpdjlk.jpgvjzxmybmqzq.jpg

vrwwhadngnypuy.jpgj.jpg

xwt.jpg

Shows the gate in a bit more detail, the textures and model are still beta though and the cheverons are incomplete.

Cool! Will you be makin more Islands (Far Apart) so you can teleport around? Maybe you can make a large building designed to look like the main facility/ship or whatever from the inside with one of those boxes around it textured black so it would look like you were in space, then when you could teleport to another land or world and it would teleport you across the map to another island...

Cool! Will you be makin more Islands (Far Apart) so you can teleport around? Maybe you can make a large building designed to look like the main facility/ship or whatever from the inside with one of those boxes around it textured black so it would look like you were in space, then when you could teleport to another land or world and it would teleport you across the map to another island...

lol, you never played the ofp version of this addon did you. Lets just say we've got it covered.

Hi everyone, just a quick update.

I've tweaked the gates bumpmap a little and began creating new cheveron textures.

Heres a preview:

jmh.jpg

I've been working on the textures for the gate, what do you all think?

gatespa4.jpg