Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

DSF Unofficial StarGate Simulator

Febuary 2007:

We've began to get the gates working in ArmA, heres a new screeny.

active.jpg

---------------------------------------

Were starting to port the ofp stargate into ArmA, we've gone as far as we can with the new models but need oxygen 2 to finish them.

Heres a preview pic:

gates.jpg

We'll keep you all updated

Stop posts S*****E mods and addons !

huh? Want to make some sense?

The german Ofp news page OFPC.degot in big troubles by posting etc. about the mentioned mod with lawyers of MGM confused_o.gif ,... so .... banghead.gif

To explain the context here would go beyond the scope of the topic and discussion confused_o.gif

Dingmatt aren't you pushing the lines here? I mean you're just asking MGM to sue you. You should rename your mod and rename a lot of things to avoid them suing you.

Yeah, like others suggested, "Warmhole Extreme". I forgot what episode it was but I doubt they got it trademarked. biggrin_o.gif

As long as he doesnt make profit from it all is fine with MGM afaik.

The Ofp-center was sued cause they host the mod and also got paid advertisements on their page so MGMs lawyers said they make money with the Stargay erm... gate... brand.

The fact that this money from advertisements may not even cover all monthly costs didnt intrest MGM though sad_o.gif

DSF clearly stated this addon is Unofficial and a full disclaimer can be found at our site; we have yet to be contacted by MGM, which we though was a certainty so we've come to the conclusion that they don't see this addon as a threat, they were just protecting there copyright with ofpc.de.

As long as this addon is none profitable then we should be ok plus were all going to by MGM's stargate worlds when it comes out...

Can these posts move back onto topic, DSF's dealings or lack of with MGM are not in debate here.

I believe that MGM is forced to enforce there copyright as that is US law, DSF has not been contacted as we are stating the unofficial nature of the addon and are stating all rights to the gates belong to MGM.

I hope this is the way things will continue, all StarGate fans are waiting for StarGate worlds to be released. This addon is just an amusement untill then.

(p.s. these are one of the most heavely scripted addons for ofp/arma, so i prey we can continue; else what a waste)

IT'S A FARGATE!

Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.

Hey, first post. Hi people!

IT'S A FARGATE!

Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.

Hey, first post. Hi people!

ATHF?

Off-topic btw.

Dingmatt, what improvements do you have planned with the new engine, if any?

Alot of new functions for the gate, a whole code rewrite. Pegasus gates, the list is endless.

Heres a render of the latest gate model:

gateren.jpg

Looking good!

Will the address symbols and chevrons be able to move at all?

(...Is this even possible?)

Very nice, saw your topic on TLS Forums and was wondering, do you have a release date for this, or are you accsepting BETA testers.

Thanks.

The law is that if you're making a product that violates a copyright and competes with the copyright holder's product (their videogame in this instance), they have a right to sue you for lost revenue.