Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal withdrawl :(

Quote[/b] ]===Characters.pbo===

1.02 - Fixed various model issues on several characters.

1.02 - Fixed wound definition for Fieldreporter

1.02 - Fixed wrong respawn weapons on SoldierWAT

1.02 - Soldiers have now 12 main and 8 side item pockets

1.02 - Grenadiers carry now 8 grenades

After installing 1.02 ppl need to rePBO the new characters.pbo i guess.  xmas_o.gif  Thought i'd mention that. Havent tried yet.

[EDIT] Urgh! The Bin.PBO has been changed, too. crazy_o.gif

Tonal was a famous mod once (or still is after it was 'reborn' by TonalRedux), so it wouldn't be wise to change the name. If ppl read `Tonal for ArmA' they instantly know what to expect. biggrin_o.gif

@Ebud: Can you tell us how to make your little addon run with ArmA 1.02 ? help.gif

I'll make a new one tomorrow and actually have a readme and a mod folder install smile_o.gif

Yeah those 2 new pics are just my playing around trying to make SADF Recees.

I'm still just toying around with ideas now. I will probably not work on a Tonal idea for long time and will get my feet wet in ARMA modding by helping out the SADF mod.

But I'll make a new upload for 1.02 hopefully tomorrow.

OR

Just a mission template with all the units using african faces. May be a better idea than modding files when you can just set the faces in the missions. There are about 20 african faces in there now.

thats what I'm working now. I was hoping to finish it today, but it looks like it will be another day or two as it's taking longer than I thought to do it "for real" rather than just a quick retexture.

Just a mission template with all the units using african faces. May be a better idea than modding files when you can just set the faces in the missions. There are about 20 african faces in there now.

So you're basically saying that your bin.pbo and the new config.cpp in characters.pbo are just fixing the african faces ?

If anyone wants to try out some reskins and hd weapons for SP to replay the campaign, drop me a pm. I'll never do a public release, so if you know how to run mod folders for arma and want to try them let me know.

pics are on page 8 in the photo thread.

Is there any chance I could get these units from the earlier pictures you posted?

They look amazing. notworthy.gif

If anyone wants to try out some reskins and hd weapons for SP to replay the campaign, drop me a pm. I'll never do a public release, so if you know how to run mod folders for arma and want to try them let me know.

wow_o.gif

Never a public release??

Why? I would love to see a Tonal Mod for ArmA!!

And I think a lot of people too.

Come on Ebud don't let us down.

re-read what he said... he means the current reskins will never see a public release, as I'm sure he rather do Tonal for Arma justice with new models and the such.

No. If you need a screenshot to decide if you want to try it out, then you probably don't want it anyway. smile_o.gif

dude, thats totally not true...really.

wow_o.gif

Never a public release??

Why? I would love to see a Tonal Mod for ArmA!!

And I think a lot of people too.

Come on Ebud don't let us down.

I meant that these reskins will never be a "real" addon and won't have a big release.

A real Tonal update is something that is months or even years away. Who knows how long it would take.

This is just a quick fix and not something to be taken too seriously.

Is there any chance I could get these units from the earlier pictures you posted?

They look amazing. notworthy.gif

those are long gone. I didn't save those skins.

You should know by now you cant just post pics of WIPS with no real intention of putting them out for everybody.

What would people think? wow_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

It seems that the links are down. I would really like to add this to my ARMA instalation. If someone would please upload this again myself and others would be greatful.

I can send you links tonight.

Here is a quick beta of some standalone troops different than the the reskin mod replacements I've been sending people. 3 sides, all look different.

I need to fix naming and pathing for the blood textures to work, but I'll do that this weekend at some point, then maybe release them. Or throw them into a project with Peanut and the both of us finish a pbo.

Generic African units

Faces are not random and will not be as I don't like using scripted faces.

@Ebud: in the future plz don't change the codenames of ur units mate, i'd like to use them for scripts.  smile_o.gif  (...if you can avoid it)

If someone wonders whether its worth DLing them (u shouldn't):

ebud_units.jpg

(left-to-right: east, resistance, west units)

Update with working blood textures.

Next release will be a final one where I will work with Peanut to merge our work hopefully.

Sorry about the classnames sad_o.gif

Another beta

)rStrangelove @ Jan. 06 2007,11:44)]If someone wonders whether its worth DLing them (u shouldn't):

Meaning you shouldn't just wonder about downloading them,

you should actually do it? biggrin_o.gif

I'm eagerly downloading these now, they look excellent!

I wish I had the time to make some demo missions for them as when I sandbox with them all it's quite fun.