Sign in to follow this  
avman

Driving over people.

Anyone else have trouble when in a Tank or APC and not being able to run over AI that are in a crouch or standing. Speed didn't seem to matter either. I have hit the AI when going quite fast and they just seem to be pushed in front of the vehicle. They don't even seem to take damage. I actually have to stop and backup then use a gun to shoot them. If I remember correct you had no problem running people over in OFP.

ever seen a tank squashing person in real life? no? well what do you want then, it's a war simulator after all.

well i hope they wont answer to you like this, but they will shure send you to their wicki bug list.

i killed one AI this way though, but i was on tractor biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ever seen a tank squashing person in real life? no? well what do you want then, it's a war simulator after all.

What if you have seen that?

I could be wrong but I think some armies actually run over their soldiers in tanks,not running over with treads of course but running them over so they are under the bellies..I forget if its true or why they do it.

I could be wrong but I think some armies actually run over their soldiers in tanks,not running over with treads of course but running them over so they are under the bellies..I forget if its true or why they do it.

Picture was captioned:

"Marine Corps infantry and M60A1 tanks that make up Company B, 1st Battalion, 3rd Marines, (Battalion Landing Team 1/3), 3rd Marine Division, Fleet Marine Force (FMF), undergo a week long training exercise at the Zambolies Training Area during their Western Pacific (WESTPAC) cruise. The Marines lie prone on the ground as a tank passes over them."

If I had to guess it is just some kind of psychological exercise to teach those Marines to trust each other.

I don't know if some of the were crouching or not, but I hit a group of about 30 guys on the road an my pickup truck went airbourne and landed on its side. I then proceeded to get out of the truck and murdered by the 100 still left.

Picture was captioned:

"Marine Corps infantry and M60A1 tanks that make up Company B, 1st Battalion, 3rd Marines, (Battalion Landing Team 1/3), 3rd Marine Division, Fleet Marine Force (FMF), undergo a week long training exercise at the Zambolies Training Area during their Western Pacific (WESTPAC) cruise. The Marines lie prone on the ground as a tank passes over them."

If I had to guess it is just some kind of psychological exercise to teach those Marines to trust each other.

Though so,an ex marine sniper I knew told me something similar,only it was an abrams,I can only wonder how it can feel having several tons of steel going right over,even moreso the enemies.

Haha. I wonder if any of them started screaming like they had their arm crushed or something... or maybe screamed something completely non-sensical like 'Aarrrrgh! My head!'

...so very tired.

That's a big cock you have there Blackdog...

I've stolen an Ural and drove "over" crouching people, meaning I pushed them a bit and the got bloody but didn't die as I was turning and reversing like a madman as I had just driven into a unit of enemies.

I used to really enjoy running over people in multiplayer.  I have done this many times in matches.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

ever seen a tank squashing person in real life? no? well what do you want then, it's a war simulator after all.

While not seen personally, my grandfather had a little encounter with a russian tank that tried to run him over multiple times in WWII on the russian front. He escaped by jumping to the side in the last second again and again.

Ended with the tank driving a few meters, elevating and lowering the main gun in a kind of salute and driving away.

Left him with many sleepless nights till quite some time after the war...

Many soldiers died that way in their foxholes with a tank driving on top of them and then start spinning on the spot  crazy_o.gif  goodnight.gif

While not seen personally, my grandfather had a little encounter with a russian tank that tried to run him over multiple times in WWII on the russian front. He escaped by jumping to the side in the last second again and again.

Ended with the tank driving a few meters, elevating and lowering the main gun in a kind of salute and driving away.

Left him with many sleepless nights till quite some time after the war...

Many soldiers died that way in their foxholes with a tank driving on top of them and then start spinning on the spot  crazy_o.gif  goodnight.gif

No Russian tank could turn on the spot. No independant track rotation.

WARNING: Running over people is not only unpolite, but may cost you your drivers license !! smile_o.gif

No Russian tank could turn on the spot. No independant track rotation.

But I guess they can stop one track which would come close enough. Fact is that there are plenty of instances where Tanks crushed soldiers in their foxholes by turning on top...

First I found Page 38:

Quote[/b] ]... Plötzlich kamen einige T34 aus dem gegenüberliegenden Wald direkt auf uns zu. Sie fuhren über die Schützenlöcher, blieben darauf stehen und drehten den Panzer. Zurück blieb ein zerriebener Mensch...

"Suddenly some T34 came out of the opposing wood toward us. They drove on the foxholes, stopped on top and turned the tank. Left behind was a crushed body..."

Anyway, we don't have foxholes in ArmA and tanks can't dig them out by turning on top...

Another unrealistic element to add to the long list for this apperenlty "military simulator"

whistle.gif

How you ever seen how fast a tank can go?!

Watch the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGgGgaK1BU

I think a M1A2 top speed is 45mph can't rememeber, but its clearly more then enough to run a person over and kill, and thus you should be able to kill someone in ArmA by running them over with a tank...

I'm sure they missed this in the game cause tanks aren't normally used to run ppl over to kill so I don't blame them, but it should be fixed ASAP. If I rememeber correctly with BF2 when it was first released it was kinda the same only opposite, the slightest bump to a person and their completely dead icon_rolleyes.gif

I just tried it out in my beloved editor, and infantry indeed sort of gets pushed away by the tank. Even when going top speed and rushing into a group of people you hardly kill anyone. That was different in OFP.

why nobody understood that it was a joke , i even italicized it and said "hope they wont answer you like this"

anyways this should be fixed.

just tryed crowding airfield with civilians and landing harrier on them, well , it killed only three or four of 500 and 6 more got injured. also tryed some armor and vehicles, so far for me 5t truck is the best way to clear the road from some nasty pedestrians. I'm not talking about how harrier bombs clear roads biggrin_o.gif

P.s.

russian tanks do turn on one spot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHYRUlE5szw

Another unrealistic element to add to the long list for this apperenlty "military simulator"

whistle.gif

It is military simulator and more realistic than the majority of games but complete realism is a nearly impossible goal even when it is desired.

Programming, design and artwork take a huge amount of time - with each new game it becomes more complex than the last. In case you hadn't noticed we aren't playing space invaders any more! So yes, it would be nice for some of those unimplemented aspects of real life to appear in future patches or games but it'll be 50, 100 even 500 years before everything in-game precisely reflects what occurs outside the game.

Perhaps you can list what games are more realistic or closer to simulation? Not just in a single area (e.g. a dedicated flight sim) but sharing the same scale and scope as Arma? icon_rolleyes.gif

Well it's not like its completely asking for too much of this realism, i mean running someone over with a tank seems like its a pretty easy fix and could easily be put into the next patch [if they do get a heads up about the problem]