Sign in to follow this  
snowballrules

star wars what happend to it

right as you know galaxy at wars was looking to be the greatist star wars mods for ofp but one thing wth happend to it. its like it just stopped anyone have any idea what happend to it im shure quite alot of people would like to know if sumone tells me they have gone to AA i will cry

Well, actually, I think they really went for ArmA. Like most good sci-fi mods. Seems ofp is getting neglected since ArmA's release... sad_o.gif

i get your point its like opf is being sent to a home and left it would be nice to see mods for it when AA is realesd as some people cant afford the upgrades requierd to run AA

...as you know galaxy at wars was looking to be the <s>greatist</s> ONLY star wars mods for ofp...

I think that better sums it up.

Its sorta pointless to mod ofp anymore... whistle.gif

We don't all believe that.

example if ofp was like sonic they have made many updates of it but we all still love the origanal flashpoint.

...as you know galaxy at wars was looking to be the <s>greatist</s> ONLY star wars mods for ofp...

I think that better sums it up.

Wasn't there a french starwars mod being made before resistance?

It all has to do with the fact that you can't copy Star Wars stuff. Star Wars mods CAN'T advertise, they would get sued, its that simple. You can't go around copying people's works.

i know for a fact that george lucas dosent mind mods being made bout star wars aslong as they dont make profit from it.

i have acayns ms but he is never online

It all has to do with the fact that you can't copy Star Wars stuff. Star Wars mods CAN'T advertise, they would get sued, its that simple. You can't go around copying people's works.

You can use Starwars vehicles, locations and general troop uniforms for your mod. (ATATs, Tatooine and Stormtroopers for example)

You're not allowed to use the main characters (Luke, DarthVader etc) and you're not allowed to use the word "STARWARS" in your mod title.

This is the agreement between modders and Lucasarts since they tried to sue this UT2003 mod. (Forgot the name for now, but it's true)

The only thing they feared was that one day that mod will be better that some their own crap battlefront. But i like their attitude.

Exactly. Battlefront 1/2 looked nice, but the arcade gameplay really turned me off. Played Battlefront2 for 30mins, then i got bored.

Back to topic:

I think a SW mod for ArmA would be great if it's well organized from the start. Most mods go overhead with the stuff they want to include in the 1st release. After some months the motivation wears off, daily routine kicks in, working members are frustrated by inactive members and in the end it all goes down the big drain, with 3 or 4 addons being released as a 'early beta version' for someone to finish them. tounge2.gif

All we'd need would be some troops and a nice environment:

1 Stormtrooper, 1 Rebel trooper and a rocky desert island. Maybe a TieBomber and a Ywing for bombardement scripts.

That's it. The rest is up to mission designers. smile_o.gif

The storm troopers, and tie fighters have already been out, the galaxy of wars mod is still being worked on.

Galaxy At War - Tatooine Preview

This vid is what Acacyn has just made.  Heres the forum section he's in:

http://gawmod.proboards85.com/index.c....&page=1

To quote Acacyn: "i have played OFP for 5 years already so dont say its not a good game  i have made my addons for OFP and there are many who await the GAW mod for OFP so there is no reason not to release the already done work for OFP "

When you ask a question about whats going on with the mod seek it out by going to the forum and finding out, don't spam the forums with useless garble of star wars this and that, and why mod anymore for OFP

And who said whats the point of modding, or making mods for OFP anymore, because those who love the game still play it!

Its sorta pointless to mod ofp anymore... whistle.gif

Pointless? To hell with ArmA. Its pretty, but bloated. Impossible to play unless you have a high end PC which ALOT of us OFP players can not afford right now. My Mod i(Lost Brothers) will not mod for ArmA until its either streamlined or until high-PC's become more affordable in the coming years.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ye miles thats a reaction i like, we should look open to this and ofp is just perfect to mod right now because everyone has to admit arma is a bit buggy. and from what we already saw from Acacyn is so nice that everytime they look to their work makes them get even more MOTIVATION.

i agree fully with Miles Teg thumbs-up.gif