Sign in to follow this  
zerg63

Woodland BDU Soldier

You releasing these as they are as a beta or waiting until you've perfected them? (i think they rock as-is biggrin_o.gif )

SUPERB! notworthy.gif

Looking forward to this release!!!

They look finished to me

That is outstanding work Zerg63, btw when are we likely to see your excellent South Korean stuff

thanks man. I like the ACU but I think it would be better to have the 3 camos. Keep up the great work!!!

One thing I keep noticing is the body armour doesnt seem to have the bulk the real stuff has. It fits more like a sweater, too tight. Needs some gurth. Thats a model issue.

Yeah, I agree. It almost looks like every soldier has removed the SAPI plates from the front and rear, though I'm glad the models are without the stupid collar and groin pieces.

how to use this flie [$PBOPREFIX$] sad_o.gif

Open it with Eliteness

but it doesn't do much for me. In one addon I simply use the same what I have declared as my cfg-patches class and in another addon I forgot to put it in. Doesn't have much of an effect it seems.

But maybe someone knows more about this?

Btw: Nice looking units

If I include it in my .pbo it causes my computer to lock up, but every pbo I'v opened has that file. I'v read somewhere that it isn't supposed to be included anyways, and I'v taken it out of the marpat addon without any trouble as a test.

Its funny that when OFP had woodland, everyone wanted ACU to replace it with as the default (FFUR 2006) and now that you start out with ACU everyone wants woodland.

whistle.gif

I despise the ACU. BDU/DCU with the same pocket setup and your golden, but the ACU stands out waaay to much to be useful in any terrain that I've seen it in.

During the FTX in WLC, the poor souls in ACUs had to completely cover themselves with foliage to provide concealment, while myself and the other smart guys just used our woobys or something. Oh well, I guess to some the ACU is progress or something..

personally, i feel that the acu is cool (as far as how it fits and not having to iron it biggrin_o.gif ), but they should have either kept the camo that we already have (the woodland and 3 color desert) or use the crye camo.

Yeah..no disagreement here...I really don't like shining boots or ironing...and the ACUs do feel real loose and everything. It's just..they're so freaking ugly..and they stand out in the desert like you wouldn't believe.

Bdu fits ArmA much betetr than ACU, since ACU soldiers in ArmA can be seen even in bushes miles away......

Bdu fits ArmA much betetr than ACU, since ACU soldiers in ArmA can be seen even in bushes miles away......

ACtually, that's how it is in real life. The ACUs in-game are superior to the ACUs we actually wear.

Its funny that when OFP had woodland, everyone wanted ACU to replace it with as the default (FFUR 2006) and now that you start out with ACU everyone wants woodland.

whistle.gif

Not true. I'm fine with the ACU's in ArmA they look great and it's supposed to be a modern conflict so the US forces needs to be wearing ACU just like every single member of the US army does.

Save BDU for Cold War rearmed. wink_o.gif