Sign in to follow this  
zerg63

Woodland BDU Soldier

Its funny that when OFP had woodland, everyone wanted ACU to replace it with as the default (FFUR 2006) and now that you start out with ACU everyone wants woodland.

whistle.gif

Not true. I'm fine with the ACU's in ArmA they look great and it's supposed to be a modern conflict so the US forces needs to be wearing ACU just like every single member of the US army does.

Save BDU for Cold War rearmed.  wink_o.gif

I don't wear ACUs the majority of the time. When we deploy, we don't wear ACUs, and SF doesn't wear them on deployment either. The ACU is a sad sad uniform.

Have you reported a Moderator that this belongs to A&M Complete now whistle.gifnotworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

can't wait to test 'em when I'm back from work...this afternoon crazy_o.gif damnit I want holidays crazy_o.gif 2 weeks...2 weeks...

tounge2.gif

Superb! Thanks a lot!

An alternative download link without having to register would be great.

Sorry for replying again but it seems like nobody has noticed this release.

I would really like to try out these woodland camouflage soldiers.

Armed-assault.net has noticed this and will mirror it as soon as we get it from yousendit.com.

I must be logged in to download this file crazy_o.gif

Looking good, my soon-to-be squad shall use this instead of the ACU.

Many thanks for your effort

JW

smile_o.gif

EDIT: Mirror by The GOL Clan here

Bdu fits ArmA much betetr than ACU, since ACU soldiers in ArmA can be seen even in bushes miles away......

ACtually, that's how it is in real life. The ACUs in-game are superior to the ACUs we actually wear.

So ACU actually makes you more visible even in real life in forested areas....

I'd like to give these a go if I had ArmA. I can't wait for modders to add an army top instead of a USMC variant.

Bdu fits ArmA much betetr than ACU, since ACU soldiers in ArmA can be seen even in bushes miles away......

ACtually, that's how it is in real life. The ACUs in-game are superior to the ACUs we actually wear.

So ACU actually makes you more visible even in real life in forested areas....

Yeah, pretty much. The colors stand out too much, maybe if they were darker in tone it might be better. ACUs stand out hard in deserts too, when your primary colors are yellowish and greenish a weird off-tan albino grey white mix isn't the answer.

Does the recently released units include both BDU (Woodland) and DCU (3 Colour Desert) uniforms? or just BDU?

Also to Zerg, have you considered implementing/upgrading these uniforms to RAID BDU standard, which are basically potentially heavily upgraded uniforms (they're made to order, so customer preference plays a large part.)

RAID BDU

Promotional picture of RAID "DCU".

From my understanding 3rd Brigade (Stryker Brigade), 2nd Infantry Division were (no longer, now its ACU) wearing these RAID BDU's in Iraq, but they were then called the "Close Combat Uniform" or "CCU".

"Bob" a member of 3rd Brigade, 2nd Inf. Div. in Iraq (remove the first "s" in the link to view.)

"Bob" and Co. 3rd Brigade, 2nd Inf. Div. in Iraq (remove the first "s" in the link to view.)

Wrong...they stryker brigades tested the uniforms that led to the ACU. One Battalion is about to deploy using the new landwarrior system. They use only ACU, I can assure you

Wrong...they stryker brigades tested the uniforms that led to the ACU.  One Battalion is about to deploy using the new landwarrior system.  They use only ACU, I can assure you

They "were" back in assumedly what would've been '03 or '04 And FYI the SWG RAID system comes in the new ACU pattern now anyway (hell you can even get it in MARPAT).

So its possible that Special Operation units like Special Forces Operational Detachment - Alpha and possibly Delta might be using these modified RAID uniforms (albeit in ACU camo.)

After all, it was units like this that the RAID uniform was designed for.

Thus bringing me to the real point, would it be possible Zerg, to modify the uniforms to look like they have extra shoulder pockets and pockets around the ankle area on the trousers etc? Thus giving you a "rough" RAID BDU look.

Even if not effectively modeled on would they likely look decent when added to the textures for the uniform (assuming thats possible)?

Perhaps you could implement these for the SF classes (Saboteur/Marksman/Assault.)

Cheers.

SOF doesn't adhere to strict uniform needs like regular army does. Also, the SFOD-A thing is just an ODA, that is, an operational team. ODA is the standard team for every group, it's not a particular designation like a CAG or something. There are different types of Alpha teams with different functions and there are other types of teams like the ODB.