Sign in to follow this  
HePCaT

Marpat soldiers WIP

Damnit, no matter what tool I use to make the pbo I always manage to crash Armed Assault.

use eliteness

Eliteness

Allso when you have made the config, save it as -config.cpp then open it in eliteness, then go to tools and hit "Rapify", save the new config as "config.bin" and then right click on the folder you want to be the new pbo and choose "CreatePbo" then your good to go

Hope it helped  goodnight.gif

good job HePCaT I would make the entire uniform MARPAT in Woodland, or as someone else suggested a shade of light brown will work as well. Suchey's USMC pack he created for 1.96 was spot on with how it should look and is a good model to look at.

I would definently release it because I hope everyone else noticed....the West Officer (USA side) is wearing a USMC utility fatigue cap but it is in the new Army ACU camoflauge pattern!!!!

That really pissed me off when I saw it because those are totally different caps used for 2 different branches.

To see what I'am talking about look at these 2 links....

Army BDU Hat

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums....4949645

USMC Utility Fatigue Cap

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums....4949712

As you can see... 2 TOTALLY different looking hats.This was rather poor research done on the modern US military on the part of BIS I thought.

Another thing that realllyyy bothers me are those radio headsets they got on. Damn things look like something a vehicle crew member would have (like M1A1 Abrahms or M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle). But I suppose they can get away with this since it is designed "in the future".

But thank god...we got addon makers like you HePCaT that can help put it on the right track

I still don't see how you managed to keep the seam lines in it.

Trying not to steal your thunder, but I managed to get my retexture ingame also.

marinemm1.jpg

hey Wilco could you also made desert marines with the tan flight suit and with the desert marpat helmet cover?

would be kickass inlove.gif

nice work all thumbs-up.gif

You are doing a great job here HePCaT.

Really nice to see so many people take the effort of making their own addons already even when the official tools arent there.

hey Wilco could you also made desert marines with the tan flight suit and with the desert marpat helmet cover?

would be kickass  inlove.gif

nice work all  thumbs-up.gif

I was actually just thinking about converting them to that, I'll check it out when I get back from school.

Hi all

I don't really have the time to work on them today but i found a hour to change the shoes texture, if you like it I can start to fade and put some dirt on those soldiers biggrin_o.gif

newoldwm3.gif

this is great, and makes much more sence then the ACU uniforms since the troops on Sahrani is clearly Marines and not army...

why Marines?

they have:

AH1Z (only marines use AH1)

AV8B (only marines use that too)

officer wears a marine cap but in ACU pattern

but there´s a few things that mareines DONT use that is on sahrani...

M1A2 (marines use M1A1HA)

STRYKER, afaik mariens dont have the stryker, they have the LAV-25, however, i might not be totally up to date on that info

the rest of the equipment can be either Marine or Army...

but in total, my impression is that it should be marines and not army.

so this addon is great smile_o.gif

oh, and the idea with multicam on the SF guys is brilliant....

if you dont decide to make them force recon guys (not sure i would call them SF, but they are defenitly Special operations capable)

but there´s a few things that mareines DONT use that is on sahrani...

M1A2 (marines use M1A1HA)

The M1 ingame is an A1 model, so its plausable that it could be a Marine Corps tank. The external differences between the A1 and the A1HA are minimal anyho.

Back ontopic: nice jobs on the retextures all round. Looks a lot nicer having proper Marines rather than quasi-marine-army-hybrids. biggrin_o.gif

STRYKER, afaik mariens dont have the stryker, they have the LAV-25, however, i might not be totally up to date on that info

I've think they've already changed or are about to, not sure though to what vehicle.

It's an IFV for that matter smile_o.gif

On the other hand:

Good looking textures of all posting them, keep it up tounge2.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

Hi,

I was wondering while your at it you may as well go the extra 10% and texture crewmen, do pilots and do some axillary staff like MPs.

DeadMeat..

i know, but it´s called "M1A2" in the editor... (or am i wrong here?)

and JW, ok, didnt know they where changing, makes sence though....

so we can all agree that it´s marines on Sahrani and not army boys? (exept that it sais army on the blackhawks)

and wouldnt it be more realistic that a marine expeditionary unit is tasked with training a foreign island army?

not got the game to work as of yet, but in the manual it is clearly marked as a M1A1 smile_o.gif

Looks great HePCaT! All you need now is to take those patches that got the olive green on them in your previous pictures out, reskin those with the MARPAT and you will be set! Might be a good idea to get the boonie hat guy done with the MARPAT as well wink_o.gif

so we can all agree that it´s marines on Sahrani and not army boys? (exept that it sais army on the blackhawks)

I don't think anyone's agreeing to that. Wrong uniforms, wrong weapons, mostly wrong vehicles. I don't have the game but I'm pretty sure the storyline was a small US Army ground force with USMC air support.

Wish it was a MEU though. I was hoping someone would pick up on this and make a modification since I don't have the skills.

The soldiers are mostly using usmc gear (lwh helmet, LITE Headset ...)

So the only thing you´ll have to do is replaceing the acu against marpat. Thats all.

not got the game to work as of yet, but in the manual it is clearly marked as a M1A1 smile_o.gif

you where right... it sais M1A1 in the editor too...

yet another proof that it´s marines then biggrin_o.gif

oh, and i also found a song called "semper fidelis"

that must mean somthing too wink_o.gif

I don't think anyone's agreeing to that. Wrong uniforms, wrong weapons, mostly wrong vehicles. I don't have the game but I'm pretty sure the storyline was a small US Army ground force with USMC air support.

Wish it was a MEU though. I was hoping someone would pick up on this and make a modification since I don't have the skills.

you have clearly not played the game yet.....

its USMC gear all over the place... only in the wrong camo (ACU)...

M1A1

AV8B

AH1Z

the personal gear

its all marines wink_o.gif

but they have written US Army on their choppers :/

Great Job there, I hope that by the 505 release we have a full "Jarhead" mod.

BIS had the know how for VBS Marines training tool, and they used it all over the place in ArmA, too bad they didt change the story line to fit the Marines.

I have more to do than remove the patches ( that's done), in fact i have to make the spec ops also in marpat sad_o.gif all soldiers shares different parts from eachother.

I think monday everything gonna be finish ( I hope so)... biggrin_o.gif

and after I just need someone to host it...

I haven't played the game either, but your assumptions about it being the Marines seem pretty accurate. The only real missing thing would seem to be the M-16A4. Every picture I see has them using M4's. Is the M-16A4 actually in the this game as well?

Armed-assault.net will host your addon, Hepcat. Just pm me when you release it.