Sign in to follow this  
Czacha

Sahrani map!8

Nice

I only see one airport though, is the one-airport-per-map limitation for AI's still in effect Placebo (or someone else who knows the answer)?

Or is there a small dirt air-strip in the north that I didn't spot?

@QUESTION for the people who already have the game:

if you zoom out will you be able to see entire full sahrani in the screen? or will be like the old maps?

There is actually an air strip on the eastern coast. You can just make it out on the satellite image, near the town/village of Pita. I had a look around to see what missions I can try and make. Looking at it strategically, the South has a lot less land mass, but is obviously (due to the story line) more valuable due to it's oil resources. The fact that they [sS\US] have 2 RIBB type Boats they'll be making use of Amphibious attacks.

I'm guessing any raid on the NS Airfield is going to have to come from the sea. The Air field is protected by the Sierra De Los Pinos to the south and West. Using Low flying helicopters in that area would be risky and probably susceptible to AA attack. Until we get the game I suppose us 505ers will just have to use this map to think about how we can create realistic scenarios...*sigh*.

EDIT: I wonder where William Porters Mate, Steve, got Lost!? There are not many Sandbars that you can see in that map, in the south anyway!

Nice

I only see one airport though, is the one-airport-per-map limitation for AI's still in effect Placebo (or someone else who knows the answer)?

Or is there a small dirt air-strip in the north that I didn't spot?

Was wondering that myself.

Near Pita, along the coast - there appears to be a dirt airstrip.

Tried to land the Harrier on main airstrip with autopilot.

Harrier kept climbing above airfield in endless circles until it had reached over 2000 m´s. I ended my approach there sad_o.gif

I guess that means that there are more airports but ILS does not work, like in OFP with multiple airfields.

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks a lot for the map mate xmas_o.gif

hey, can anyone tell me in what maximum size this is printable while i still can read everything. I want to print it at a copyshop and use as a poster, since it will be useful when I start creating missions, which I will, already have sketches on paper for 'em.

Wasent the map supposed to be 400 square kilometers? I could have sworn I herd that. This doesnt look that big.

If you look at the scale shown at the bottom of the map, you'll see that southern Sahrani is about the size of Nogova. That's to say nothing of the north, which is at least 2 times larger again.

Personally, I'd like to see a flyby video (when someone finally figures out how to fly) showing us the terrain features of Sahrani. Czech gamers, to the rescue!

Wasent the map supposed to be 400 square kilometers?  I could have sworn I herd that.  This doesnt look that big.

If you do the math, you'll notice that 20x20 km equals 400 square kilometers. and by that it, sure looks like it's 400 square kilometers.

Holy crap thats big yay.gif

I never was any good at math I forgot thats how it worked. help.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Come on, who cares, its big enough, isnt it? nogova size also was and would still be.

afraid of getting lost.

or missions where you are en route for 15 hours and then get shot out of a bush while disembarking.

just imaginre a cti, you are right in the middle of nowhere and your verhicle gets damaged because you rode against a flower like in ofp times.

hey, can anyone tell me in what maximum size this is printable while i still can read everything. I want to print it at a copyshop and use as a poster, since it will be useful when I start creating missions, which I will, already have sketches on paper for 'em.

19,5cm x 14cm with 300dpi.

The resolution isn't that exciting, at least not for printing.

I'd say, everything larger than DIN A4 will look pretty blurry...

Wasn't there a PDF map of Nogova? I think a PDF map of Sahrani would be much more suitable for sketches.

Does this work for ArmA ?

Quote[/b] ] topography - (From OFP: Resistance version 1.75 and above, you must play with a TERRAIN DETAIL setting of VERY LOW for this to work). This isn't a cheat but you might appreciate the results. Type during gameplay or while in the mission editor. This will create a file in your hard drive's root directory, named island_name.emf, containing a vector representation of the map of the island on which you are currently playing or editing. Note: these files are very large.

url

Quote[/b] ]No airport for North Sahrani? That's a bit dissapointing.

There's an airstrip by Pita, I think. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No airport for North Sahrani? That's a bit dissapointing.

There's an airstrip by Pita, I think. smile_o.gif

Yeah you're right. Looks like an airstrip. Still wouldn't be able to land anything bigger then Cessna's on it.

It'd be interesting to see a map of Nogova of the same scale superimposed over the map of Sahrani, it would give us a better idea of the size difference  smile_o.gif

I think BAS tonal is bigger. Somewhere around 600 km^2, could be wrong.

Besides that's one detailed island.

It'd be interesting to see a map of Nogova of the same scale superimposed over the map of Sahrani, it would give us a better idea of the size difference  smile_o.gif

My guess it's that it's pretty much the same size as South Sahrani.

I think BAS tonal is bigger. Somewhere around 600 km^2, could be wrong.

Besides that's one detailed island.

Tonal is indeed ~600km^2 (25.2Km x 25.2Km)

BUT Sahrani has 6 times the object count (at nearly 1 million objects), so Sahrani's object density is way higer than Tonal's (at just under 150,000).