Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?

This is in the FAQ:

So far we have confirmation that there is atleast a two man COOP mode in ArmA. (He's talking about the campaign.)

I meant multiplayer meaning two people. Meaning two people can play the campaign at once right? .... This HAS NOT been implemented.

You wont be able to play on high ... Sorry,

So what section does need improvement?

Is that the graphics card? or maybe the CPU?

Not an expert on the subject but you could probably knock the fx card up to 512mb. Everything else looks good.  smile_o.gif

Another Gig of RAM would help get up to the higher settings aswell.

Couldnt give a rat's arse about BIS co-op campaigns, we'll be inundated with high quality community co-op missions. I'm more bothered by the current lack of BIS VTOL.

w00t isn't the VTOL working for the harriet that was in the vids? crazy_o.gif any1 plz say he is wrong..

i remember too about the coop camaign that would get unlocked after completing the official campaign. Any1 completed the official campaign yet?

All I've heard so far is there is no VTOL. No one with the game has reported it so far, BIS havn't mentioned it (I assumed using a harrier would automatically imply a working VTOL system in the engine), and if it's the vid i'm thinking of, it was edited to slow the harriers down for a stylish effect.

Here's hoping it's added in a patch.

Daniel @ Nov. 16 2006,21:57)]Another Gig of RAM would help get up to the higher settings aswell.

Are you sure about this or can somebody else give his opinion about this?

I have a similar system and I would buy another GB of ram if it will improve my ArmA experience...

Daniel @ Nov. 16 2006,21:57)]Another Gig of RAM would help get up to the higher settings aswell.

I have a similar system and I would buy another GB of ram if it will improve my ArmA experience...

More RAM is always better! 2GB is todays standards. ;P

But I would lay more money on the gfxcard, as ArmA doesnt use dual-core anyway...

Nope, don't take my word on anything system related. Hopefully someone in the know can come along and support/tear down my suggestion. I'd like to know myself, want to get an ArmA worthy PC ASAP.

But in my opinion RAM seems the cheapest way to make a definate performance boost in most games.

Just to Say:

Join in Progress (JIP) Rocks!!! If you crash or loose connection, you can even connect back into your player..

It's totally awesome...

On the boats you can even lay down on the sides navy style... awww yeah

Just to press once more >>> PPL GO GET THIS GAME, NOW! <<<

PS shooting birds out of the sky, like seagulls, rocks too

I`d love to get this game now. Prolly won`t be a Canadian version at this rate, till summer next year.

PS shooting birds out of the sky, like seagulls, rocks too

First MP compatible horns, now this?! wow_o.gif

I am SO getting ArmA

yay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

First MP compatible horns, now this?!  wow_o.gif

I am SO getting ArmA

yay.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Oh you haven't heard nothing yet wink_o.gif

ArmA is full of suprises... If i'm up for it tomorrow, I will post some screenshots from waves etc. and that is just the beginning biggrin_o.gif

But I must admit, the sound is bugging a bit here and there, it's the only little 'major' bug I have encountered. But as I heard from Czech friends.. they are already working on patches for this wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But I must admit, the sound is bugging a bit here and there, it's the only little 'major' bug I have encountered. But as I heard from Czech friends.. they are already working on patches for this wink_o.gif

how is it "bugging"? can you give an example?

what kind of soundcard do you have?

from the videos i've seen/heard so far it seemed ok...

AMD Athlon64 3500+, 1GB RAM, 250GB, DVD±RW, GF7600 GT 256MB

This is the new computer im about to buy and i ask you or anyone that can answer my question.

Can i play AA in High graphics without a problem or do i need an even better computer?

THanks wink_o.gif

I'd suggest a dual-core AMD based rig. While ArmA does not currently support DC technology, it's likely that they'll release an patch for optimized systems as other devs have in the past. Although that's speculation. Still, you can't go wrong with dual-core. Also, after speaking with a few people that have the game, I've been told that ArmA seems to be very CPU intensive, so an extra stick of 1 gig really won't make that much of a difference.

I would suggest -

AMD 64 X2 4600+

2GB of RAM (Preferably DDR 1000)

A Gfx card that supports GDDR as opposed to DDR

I'd suggest a dual-core AMD based rig.

You'd be better off getting an Intel Core 2 Duo than an AMD dual core. They're cheaper and they out perform anything AMD has atm.

Just to press once more >>> PPL GO GET THIS GAME, NOW! <<<

I wish I could. You are mean. sad_o.gif

You'd be better off getting an Intel Core 2 Duo than an AMD dual core. They're cheaper and they out perform anything AMD has atm.

The e6300 Core 2 Duo is the way to go. For $180 (US) you can overclock it to at least 3.0Ghz on stock cooling/voltage, equal to the performance of a $350 Athlon. Even without overclocking it's a great CPU.

..how is it?

imho it´s got an amphetamine like effect. Normally i´d just fall asleep instantly after a 36hrs day (from which i spent 3hrs drinking and another 22hrs on a front passengers seat while driving to cz) but having played ArmA for the first time i must now force myself to go to bed crazy_o.gif

How does it run on your system (include specs)?

Runs better than expected, settings on normal expect for blood (high) and it´s looking quite nice, well at least to me *g*

Especially playing with larger numbers of AI´s is alot smoother now compared to OFP.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">AMD XP2500+ @2100Mhz; 1gig Ram; NV7800 GS AGP;

Correct. The new Duo based systems are screaming fast and regularly out preform their AMD counterpart. Something that is rare, and rather new, considering how most games have consistantly preformed better on a AMD rig. This is Intel trying to break into the gamer market, and man are they succeeding. The only drawback is that your going to spend twice the amount of money on the Duo...for a good gaming chipset that is.

The e6300 Core 2 Duo is the way to go. For $180 (US) you can overclock it to at least 3.0Ghz on stock cooling/voltage, ...

no that is not possible with the E6300 .. must be a typo should be more like 2.2GHZ on stock

otherwise the people buying X6800 would be pretty pissed paying so much (around 950€) for only an extra 2Mb L2 cache

The e6300 Core 2 Duo is the way to go. For $180 (US) you can overclock it to at least 3.0Ghz on stock cooling/voltage, ...

no that is not possible with the E6300 .. must be a typo should be more like 2.2GHZ on stock

otherwise the people buying X6800 would be pretty pissed paying so much (around 950€) for only an extra 2Mb L2 cache

Well, they should be pretty pissed for burning so much money because E6300s can overclock over 3 GHz on good motherboards and with decent cooling easily. BTW, you can get 4 megs of cache with an E6600, you don't need X6800 for it (it does have unlocked multipliers, though).

Well im sad that this game needs so much hardware to play , very sad.

This game will cost me 1000 euros banghead.gifbanghead.gif .

Well, they should be pretty pissed for burning so much money because E6300s can overclock over 3 GHz on good motherboards and with decent cooling easily. BTW, you can get 4 megs of cache with an E6600, you don't need X6800 for it (it does have unlocked multipliers, though).

sorry .. dont believe that a CPU that normal Clocks about 1860MHz can be "easily" brought to 3GHz ..

a source for that kind of OC would be fine ... confirme that and i get one of those ...

Just to press once more >>> PPL GO GET THIS GAME, NOW!  <<<

I wish I could. You are mean. sad_o.gif

You actually can, as readable Here

So No... i'm not mean smile_o.gif

how is it "bugging"? can you give an example?

what kind of soundcard do you have?

from the videos i've seen/heard so far it seemed ok...

SB X-Fi, Chopper and certain tank sounds are way too loud, sometimes don't hear the firing of guns mainly from teammates (which could also just be a multiplayer problem though). But I heard similair conclussions from my m8s that do not have X-Fi, but either a SB Live or some onboard crap biggrin_o.gif

About the hardware requirements... this is my experience so far seeying the performance of different computers in 6thSense community:

[*] ArmA Seems to love more cpu speed  over a better graphics card... (I perform at many times better with my 2.6ghz A64 cpu and X800 than my m8 with 2.2ghz A64 cpu and NV7800, both have up2date drivers, and I know you can't just compare this easy, but I see the same differences between other pc's compared to vidcard&cpu)

[*] ArmA uses less memory than OFP with some addons in use.. Server is bouncing around 150-180mb depending on mission. Clients are bouncing around 225-300mb, same story, depending on mission.

[*] ArmA does not support dual-cpu as far as I can see, but your windows services and programs can at least use the other cpu while ArmA fully occupies the other biggrin_o.gif

Then a general announcement, but please, lets not make it a huge discussion between fanboys et all:

Athlon 64 (X2) kicks Pentium 4 and Mobile's butt

Core 2 kicks Athlon 64 (X2)'s butt

These are proven benchmarks, and I told everyone last year to get Athlon 64's, but this time I can only recommend Core 2, until AMD comes with an answer smile_o.gif Search some reviews on google!

So is this going to be a "post your specs for a quick analysis" thread?

Pentium 4 HT 3.6GHz, does hyper-threading help with this game?

2x 1024MB PC4300 RAM, 2GB of RAM should be enough for this I hope.

NVIDIA 7800 GTX

Will I be able to run this at 1920x1200 with some decent graphical settings?

Although I'm tempted to buy it from the Czech shop I have the patience to wait for the UK release. I'd rather have an English version of the game than a roughly translated Czech version.