Sign in to follow this  
Avimimus

Helicopters in AA

South africa a nice place to live? Bwahahaha thats a good one - its a war zone

Who vs. Who - and why?

Law abiding citizens VS the rest of Africa who is illegally in our country making crime. Sorry to hijack thread for a sec -

I think there is a rape every 15 secs here and murder / Armed robber - u name it, its here.

The worlds criminals are settling here

Since the ANC took over its now reverse appartheid. sad_o.gif

1500 farmers murdered already

Just about everyone i know has been attacked in their home / car /shopping centre.

Anyway back on topic - sorry guys pistols.gif

Law abiding citizens VS the rest of Africa who is illegally in our country making crime. Sorry to hijack thread for a sec -

I think there is a rape every 15 secs here and murder / Armed robber - u name it, its here.

The worlds criminals are settling here

Since the ANC took over its now reverse appartheid. sad_o.gif

1500 farmers murdered already

Just about everyone i know has been attacked in their home / car /shopping centre.

Anyway back on topic - sorry guys pistols.gif

Oh. Gets some chinese ppl to build you a wall of South Africa or something, that will work?

Also whats the biggest gun you can get? and what you can buy?

My biggest gun i have - M4 carbine with all the bells and whistles and a Galil (well actually an LM6) Very similar to Galil

My biggest gun i have - M4 carbine with all the bells and whistles and a Galil (well actually an LM6) Very similar to Galil

Whats the biggest you could have? lol

If you are a registered collector? As long as you can motivate the reason for having it, pretty much anything. Ok maybe not anything but for eg: my one buddy collects AK's and another has a 37mill stopper gun. Some guy i know has a barret 50. So ........Next i want a Russian AK , recently sold my MP5k

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a PaK 44 on ma front lawn whistle.gif

Or an Apache

just to get it back on topic.

I have been flying around in the new 1.02 I quite like it now although i would like a way you could have no canopy, or does this exist already could somebody tell me.

Or an Apache

just to get it back on topic.

I have been flying around in the new 1.02 I quite like it now although i would like a way you could have no canopy, or does this exist already could somebody tell me.

^Just had to spoil it banghead.gif

Anyways, still trying to learn to fly the Ah-1 but will take a while banghead.gif

^Just had to spoil it  banghead.gif

This topic is about helicopters in Arma, not gun-control in Africa.

If you have enough money you can buy your own working x military jet with obviously all the weapons systems removed etc, a guy in the US has his own AH-1 and flys it around like a civ chopper.

right now i was linking Cyclic Right and Rudder Left together on my mouse, well it sometime works as i feel the control is a bit relax, did anyone tried this b4 so can tell me if i am right or just a simply mistake?

right now i was linking Cyclic Right and Rudder Left together on my mouse, well it sometime works as i feel the control is a bit relax, did anyone tried this b4 so can tell me if i am right or just a simply mistake?

If you want a "simplefied" control setting you can combine the two. Personally I prefer them separated.

?? What i am asking is - Can the modders here change the dynamics of flying? Not asking if we can make a car fly or get gadget legs. Are BIS developers the only ones who can change it or could someone ( anyone here) make a mod to make the choppers fly like ofp ?

You were asking exactly that. The helicopters in ofp don't fly, they drive on springy legs with wheels on the end. Ever fly a helicopter at its max height above the terrain at a fast speed, have the geometry fall out from under you, and have the helicopters controls freeze? This is because its 'wheels' are off of the ground, and the helicopter is falling. It will fall until the 'wheels' contact the ground again, at which point you will regain control. Even if this analogy isn't exactly correct, I believe it is a very good description of how the engine works.

Apology accepted if you come to peace with the new and wonderful flight-model or if a fat check is in the mail wink_o.gif

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I'm surprised at some of members in this community.

For starters, the majority of the community originally voiced displeasure with the new flight model and BIS released a patch to fix it.

Overall, the people have agreed the patch is a huge improvement over the original flight model.

Should people flying with a mouse even be complaining?

A helicopter is flown using Stick, a collective and rudder pedals. On top of it, the pilot moves his head to look around. (hat w/ Freelook engaged)

How could anyone excpect to fly a real or simulated helicopter with a mouse?

Come one, while we're all entitled to our opinions and preferences, the mouse simply lacks the necessary 'inputs' to do the job properly.

And, as many posters here have said, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

A real or simulated helicopter cannot be flown properly if the pilot does not understand the physics involved.

Check out the tutorials at HOVERCONTROL:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/

This game is freakin GREAT and over time the flight model may be improved even more.

This is just the beginning. The game isn't even out in most of the world!

Be grateful for what BIS has provided in terms of our entertainment.

Happy flying!

I'm so angry atm

Just getting real far on last bit of campaign and suddenly loads of lag, minimised to find I'd been added to a massive MSN convo, killed it then restored and error pistols.gif

@ Dec. 20 2006' date='23:09)']Be grateful for what BIS has provided in terms of our entertainment.

Class quote! notworthy.gif

@ Dec. 20 2006' date='23:09)']Be grateful for what BIS has provided in terms of our entertainment.

Class quote! notworthy.gif

It's not like the game was free. I paid 40 euros for a game that I don't even have a hard copy of, and I expected better for that price.

I decided to reinstall the game to check out the new flight model and I have to say... WOW! It's so much better. You get so much more control. Now the joystick is really usefull for flying.

I decided to reinstall the game to check out the new flight model and I have to say... WOW! It's so much better. You get so much more control. Now the joystick is really usefull for flying.

i agree. If anything I'd like more configuration options in the setup and a way to really the mash the pedals to get a bit more twist while flying.

also i'd like a proper tutorial from BIS on how to fly a chopper. a tutorial for noobs like me who are really enjoying flying the chopper but need a few tips on things.

Look i agree, this game is freaking awesome and have been playing a Lan game for the past couple of days (capture flag) oh my god - its so damn good.

I just dont like the chopper flying thats all. Otherwise the game is the best.

Shadow - The money is on the way to you smile_o.gif